Ireland 1st XV for RWC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland 1st XV for RWC

Doesn't take a genius to work out who Eddie is going to pick. At this stage I reckon the two positions that are up for grabs are at hooker and on the wing.

Hooker - you would have to fancy Flannery is he is fit and well and continues his good run in the side.

And on the wing, if Carney goes to Argentina and continues to progress in the manner which he has started he will be very close. Horgan has lost the plot since the New Year. The lad is more interested in fighting than doing the basics. His position must be in doubt...

Dempsey, Horgan or Carney, BO'D, D'Arcy, Hickie, O'Gara, Stringer, Horan, Flannery or Best, Hayes, DO'C, PO'C, Easterby, Wallace, Leamy

Best, Best or Flannery, Hogan, Best, Boss or Reddan, Wallace, Horgan or Carney

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
    Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Originally posted by thisyear?
    Doesn't take a genius to work out who Eddie is going to pick. At this stage I reckon the two positions that are up for grabs are at hooker and on the wing.Hooker - you would have to fancy Flannery is he is fit and well and continues his good run in the side. And on the wing, if Carney goes to Argentina and continues to progress in the manner which he has started he will be very close. Horgan has lost the plot since the New Year. The lad is more interested in fighting than doing the basics. His position must be in doubt...Dempsey, Horgan or Carney, BO'D, D'Arcy, Hickie, O'Gara, Stringer, Horan, Flannery or Best, Hayes, DO'C, PO'C, Easterby, Wallace, LeamyBest, Best or Flannery, Hogan, Best, Boss or Reddan, Wallace, Horgan or Carney
    I'd love to see Carney make the team because he's like none of the two wingers we already have. But, I doubt that Edde will be willing to break up the Leinster backline, and Carneys positioning defects could be exposed at international level. He definetly should get some game time against the pumas. Flannery is better than Best. At times during the 6N Best delivery let the lineout down.
    Yeah with one foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel

Comment

he will just pick the same team as he did for the last match regardless of any other matter like form etc
      If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
        he will just pick the same team as he did for the last match regardless of any other matter like form etc

Unfortunately any speculation on the national team must take into
        account the extraordinary conservatism of our coach. He really doesn't
        do changes. At the moment if everyone stays fit, the only change would
        be Flannery for R. Best & even that is not sure. he has his
        favourites & to shift one of those, you'd have to be absolutely
        awesome & then some. TBF there isn't a lot of argument about his
        1st XV bar one or 2 players. Carney may cause quite a stir in the press
        pre RWC but I cant see Shaggy get dropped. My hope is that between now
        & RWC everything is put into finding quality back up for every
        position. He really must decide who his probably back ups are &
        give them serious gametime starting in Arg. Trimble at OC is an
        absolute must after the french disaster at CP. Carney, Kearney &
        Murphy should be back 3 cover, 1st centre is a prob as is TH prop &
        OH.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X