• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy Noves

Has just got his P45 apparently

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Jacques Brunel taking over. You've got to love the French, their game/league is a jokeshop of mercenaries and that takes it's toll on the national team so they fire their head coach. Of course the appointment of Noves was about 5-10 years too late.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      Jacques Brunel taking over. You've got to love the French, their game/league is a jokeshop of mercenaries and that takes it's toll on the national team so they fire their head coach. Of course the appointment of Noves was about 5-10 years too late.
      More like 15 methinks
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I'd expect Noves to appear on Northampton's shortlist? Not sure if he would fancy a job outside of France.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
          I thought Brunel did well with meagre resources at Italy. Noves had a 7/21 win ratio- that's never going to be good enough for a country like France
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

It seems the Walesians have three kiwis lined up in a row from which to replace Gatland as soon as RWC 2019 is concluded.
            Pivac, Rennie and I forget
            Last edited by ustix; 27th-December-2017, 23:48.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Guy Noves

Getting ugly at FFR - talk of “serious misconduct” in L’Equipe ...

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actuali...e-grave/862438

Edit: If only T78 was around to cast a thoughtful view on this.
              Last edited by blackwarrior; 27th-December-2017, 20:53.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The article seems to infer that they are looking at ways of not paying out their contracts.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 6N. Although it would be detrimental to us, it's a shame that we haven't seen a good French side in a number of years. When they have that swagger they are bloody great to watch.
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

The swagger of Ntamack was something else.
                  Bernat-Salles was hip long before hipsters.
                  Rives, Esteve, Cabannes, Smoking Serge, even Berbizier...was it angled out of them on the training pitch?
                  Last edited by ustix; 27th-December-2017, 23:53.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    The article seems to infer that they are looking at ways of not paying out their contracts.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the 6N. Although it would be detrimental to us, it's a shame that we haven't seen a good French side in a number of years. When they have that swagger they are bloody great to watch.
                    Noves had no idea of what style of rugby he wanted to play. He had enough time.

I'd say Brunel will make a far better job of getting that part of things correct.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I reckon The Door is feeling emboldened after the RWC2023 victory and the various scandals that were floating about in the ether. That Noves is the unwinningest coach France have had in a long time just helped the cause. It won't matter a damn anyway as the French are about as fit as a pub team and half as disciplined. They rely entirely upon individual creative brilliance.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                        It seems the Walesians have three kiwis lined up in a row from which to replace Gatland as soon as RWC 2019 is concluded.
                        Pivac, Rennie and I forget
                        Chris Boyd - Hurricanes

Comment

Via Google Translate this afternoon. Totally weird in my view, unless he is in blatant breach of very specific contract clauses.

"According to information from RMC Sport, the FFR blames the former coach of the XV of France, Guy Noves and his deputies for their lack of collaboration with the Top 14 clubs and the players themselves, justifying, according to her , serious misconduct in the dismissal procedure.

"A dismissal procedure for serious misconduct has been launched by the FFR against the former coach of the XV of France Guy Novès and his deputies. According to information from RMC Sport, the federal authority accuses the now ex-staff of the XV of France not to have visited the clubs of the Top 14 often enough, and not to have exchanged regularly enough with the clubs' staffs. and the players themselves.

"Does this reason justify serious misconduct? "It is discussed, said Mr. Nicolleau, sports lawyer, interviewed on Thursday by RMC Sport "It is difficult to answer because I do not know the record.If we consider that the main mission of a coach is to select, we might ask ourselves what are the modalities a coach selects to select the best sportsmen .. To have selected in a way that can be too fast or not sufficiently concerted with the clubs can be considered as a fault, but a serious fault ... It can be argued . ""

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/rugby/xv-d...s-1337322.html
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                            Via Google Translate this afternoon. Totally weird in my view, unless he is in blatant breach of very specific contract clauses.

"According to information from RMC Sport, the FFR blames the former coach of the XV of France, Guy Noves and his deputies for their lack of collaboration with the Top 14 clubs and the players themselves, justifying, according to her , serious misconduct in the dismissal procedure.

"A dismissal procedure for serious misconduct has been launched by the FFR against the former coach of the XV of France Guy Novès and his deputies. According to information from RMC Sport, the federal authority accuses the now ex-staff of the XV of France not to have visited the clubs of the Top 14 often enough, and not to have exchanged regularly enough with the clubs' staffs. and the players themselves.

"Does this reason justify serious misconduct? "It is discussed, said Mr. Nicolleau, sports lawyer, interviewed on Thursday by RMC Sport "It is difficult to answer because I do not know the record.If we consider that the main mission of a coach is to select, we might ask ourselves what are the modalities a coach selects to select the best sportsmen .. To have selected in a way that can be too fast or not sufficiently concerted with the clubs can be considered as a fault, but a serious fault ... It can be argued . ""

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/rugby/xv-d...s-1337322.html
                            Sounds like the brave new world, of Rugby
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

That's fcuking disgraceful. Noves should be getting a medal and big fat pension from the FFR after all he has done for French rugby via Toulouse.
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Working...
                              X