Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many English players would get in the Irish team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
    I don't rate either player nearly as highly as others do and the Lions selection backs me up. It is objective viewing, but I'm an aware that the English players are being inflated somewhat so I need to be more focused when I analyse them and block out the hype from the English media etc and by doing that.

On you're team I'm sorry I know you like Launchbury but to have him ahead of Itoje is laughable, he's a donkey in comparison. I don't agree on the BR to an extent but I'm a big fan of VDF so I can look past that.
    yeah I reckoned it was between Henderson and Itoje - every pack needs a piano shifter or two and when I looked at my first draft there were none in - it’s very much a ball carrying pack with VdF playing link and Launchbury donkeying away.
    Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
      yeah I reckoned it was between Henderson and Itoje - every pack needs a piano shifter or two and when I looked at my first draft there were none in - it’s very much a ball carrying pack with VdF playing link and Launchbury donkeying away.

To be fair, yo are completely right about the SR I completely overlooked that point ( and I made this same very point during the lions tour, don't know how I overlooked it here). Still i'd have George Kruis ahead of Launchbury. VDF imo simply has to be in the 23 one way or another but still not 100% sure id start him. O'Mahony at 6 & VDF coming off the bench is better than vice versa (even though VDF would be starting at 7, not that this really matters here).

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
        To be fair, yo are completely right about the SR I completely overlooked that point ( and I made this same very point during the lions tour, don't know how I overlooked it here). Still i'd have George Kruis ahead of Launchbury. VDF imo simply has to be in the 23 one way or another but still not 100% sure id start him. O'Mahony at 6 & VDF coming off the bench is better than vice versa (even though VDF would be starting at 7, not that this really matters here).
        Kruis has lost his place on the England team since the Lions tour and is currently looking quite ordinary at club level. Meantime, Launchbury is playing really well and was the best lock on the pitch in the England v. Oz game last week. He may look a bit dozy but he is a large and powerful man with a tremendous work rate. Many rate him the best lock in the Brit Isles, even though you may disagree.
        Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Launchbury doesn't have the talent of Itoje and will be surpassed by him but he's been the best lock in Britain and Ireland for years. Ask Dave Kearney.

Comment

How many English players would you get in the Irish team?

2 in the front & 2 in the back?
            Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
              Launchbury doesn't have the talent of Itoje and will be surpassed by him but he's been the best lock in Britain and Ireland for years. Ask Dave Kearney.
              He can't have been because he didn't make the Lions. Yes it's one mans opinion but if was really one of the best than his place on the Lions team would not just be a question it would be a given.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                We can’t. Dave’s still running laps of the back pitch at LR as a penance for throwing that intercept pass last week.

(Joe only gave him 10 laps but, y’know, it’s Dave, so he’ll be there a while yet.)

Comment

Working...
                X