Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NatWest 2018 6Nations

NatWest the new sponsor of the 6N

Should gain profile here, France and Italy..
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

One year only.. stopgap it seems

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/n...FhcT2KSmCVI.97

Comment

Hard to see beyond Ireland
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Jonathan Davies scarlets and Wales surgery on ankle, 6 months out

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
          Jonathan Davies scarlets and Wales surgery on ankle, 6 months out
          Real shame for him. He’s developed into a terrific player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
            NatWest the new sponsor of the 6N

Should gain profile here, France and Italy..
            Ulster bank is their brand in Ireland.
            Not long ago they were trying to get rid of it.
            They also had that mega IT meltdown not too long ago.
            Rumour was that to save money they laid off most of their own top level IT guys and outsourced.
            (They were probably earning nothing like the finance jocks but what's a nerd worth, dude?)
            But when they sh!t hit the fan those guys were able to name their price to come back and fix it.

Comment

Not a new sponsor as such. The competition sought a new sponsor but couldn't secure one so they extended the RBS deal for another year at a knockdown rate. For some reason RBS are phasing out the RBS initials as a brand so they've given it to NatWest, one of their subs.

Not a brilliant sign that they couldn't get someone to replace RBS to be honest. Over the past few years sponsors have seemed pretty reluctant to commit to rugby.
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                Ulster bank is their brand in Ireland.
                Not long ago they were trying to get rid of it.
                They also had that mega IT meltdown not too long ago.
                Rumour was that to save money they laid off most of their own top level IT guys and outsourced.
                (They were probably earning nothing like the finance jocks but what's a nerd worth, dude?)
                But when they sh!t hit the fan those guys were able to name their price to come back and fix it.
                Loves stories like this! Freelanced in IT back in the day just before the outsourcing began. Before that it was the classic error of not promoting internally and hiring in some complete weapon who then caused untold disruption IT and personnel wise!

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
                  Loves stories like this! Freelanced in IT back in the day just before the outsourcing began. Before that it was the classic error of not promoting internally and hiring in some complete weapon who then caused untold disruption IT and personnel wise!
                  https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/0...at_went_wrong/

Comment

Information on 6N tickets for MRSC members here

http://www.mrsc.ie/news/24405.php?ut...etter+29td+Nov

Lottery for Wales and Scotland match tickets, opening Monday next 4th.
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

IRSC Tickets on sale from 10am 12 Dec.

Comment

Refs announced for the six nations, can’t post link but Nig for France, Poite Italy, Jackson Wales, Barnes Scotland and Gardner England. Could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Refs announced for the six nations, can’t post link but Nig for France, Poite Italy, Jackson Wales, Barnes Scotland and Gardner England. Could be worse.

Barnes could be pivotal
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                            Barnes could be pivotal
                            Scotland could have run out of players by then.

Comment

Reports Noves has been sacked, Jacques Brunel rumoured to be lined up as replacement.

Laporte to make announcement on the 27th.

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/201...guy-noves.html

Comment

Working...
                              X