2018 Six Nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Six Nations

Looks as though they are having some problems identifying a sponsor who can pony up enough money.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...w-sponsor-2018

While there has been interest from potential sponsors, no one has come anywhere near the asking price and there is concern that further delay could lead to the one offer being withdrawn. That would mean the championship lacking a backer in 2018 and that would blow a significant hole in the finances of the three Celtic unions, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

With alcohol companies already out of the running in France and possibly Ireland, and financial institutions in the UK having bigger fish to fry this could easily end with no title sponsor and a lot of small ones like airlines and smaller financial institutions.

Comment

Aviva only staying on one more year as sponsors for AP. Because they couldn’t find an alternative. Not just the Celtic cousins facing money problems so!
      Mumha Abu

Comment

Originally posted by deltared View Post
        Aviva only staying on one more year as sponsors for AP. Because they couldn’t find an alternative. Not just the Celtic cousins facing money problems so!
        Yeah I noticed that - and at a 30% discount. Ouch. Won't have made the Nigel's happy.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by deltared View Post
          Yeah, obviously it is not good news for Celtic unions but I doubt "they're dancing in the streets of Twickenham tonight" either. It pisses me off that editors allow journalists to pedal this drivel as paid for by the Nigels. The lack of a sponsor is a major issue for rugby in general.

This is like a property journalist writing schadenfreude articles on behalf of private property developers about some public backed scheme that went belly-up when it goes to market, i.e. the real story is not the public backing but the market in general about to go tits-up.
          Last edited by AwayFromHome; 25th-September-2017, 10:39. Reason: corrected some typos

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
            Yeah, obviously it is not good news for Celtic unions but I doubt "their dancing in the streets of Twickenham tonight" either. It pisses me off that editors allow journalists to pedal this drivel as paid for by the Nigels. The lack of a sponsor is a major issue for rugby in general.

This is like a property journalist writing schadenfreude articles on behalf of private property about some public backed scheme that went belly-up when it goes to market, i.e. the real story is not the public backing but the market in general about to go tits-up.
            I wonder whether Brexit is putting off potential sponsors of a cross border tournament? If it is then there could be implications for the Nigels cup, not that you can lose sponsors you don't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Considering BoI sponsor Munster, Leinster and Ulster (are they that large up north, or is it just because they're seen as the protestant bank?), things aren't too healthy here, the days of Toyota are gone, naming rights aren't selling and doubt if Shannon airport paid too much for the tramp stamp
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                Considering BoI sponsor Munster, Leinster and Ulster (are they that large up north, or is it just because they're seen as the protestant bank?), things aren't too healthy here, the days of Toyota are gone, naming rights aren't selling and doubt if Shannon airport paid too much for the tramp stamp
                Literally nobody thinks this.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                X