X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Has Ultan not done his homework?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's clearly gone backwards in Schmidt's eyes. Wonder what's happened.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Payne playing 13 for Ulster tomorrow in Ravenhill. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start at 13 in Cardiff the following week.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Payne at 13 for Ulster, we aren't 1-dimensional enough for JS's liking, he wants us to be so predictable that even a 7 year old non-rugby fan can tell how we'll play.

Comment

6N) Wales V Ireland - Fri, 10 March, 20:05 - RTE & BBC - FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

IRFU have corrected their published squad - Dillane is now in it.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            IRFU have corrected their published squad - Dillane is now in it.

They found his homework in spam?

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
              They found his homework in spam?
              Or the vet gave the dog an emetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                Payne at 13 for Ulster, we aren't 1-dimensional enough for JS's liking, he wants us to be so predictable that even a 7 year old non-rugby fan can tell how we'll play.
                Hmmmm, yeah it's a tricky one isn't it? Young Ringrose is playing great rugby going forward, & has given Ireland another dimension in attack, but he defended very badly versus Scotland, and was also caught twice v France too. If it were me I'd still stick with him to start ,cos while Wales and England will both target& test his defence even more than heretofore, I think on balance the excellence of his attack & football get him in the side for me. But JS may have other ideas, and I could understand his reasons if he did opt for Payne to start at 13.

P.s. however this is all based on the reasonable assumption that there will be a different change at 15 e.g. Zebo to start say, cos persevering with an obviously out of form, crocked looking, non tackling, non attacking Rob Kearney would be complete gob****e selecting in the extreme at this stage, imho.
                Last edited by Daithi; 2nd-March-2017, 17:09.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Good to see Carbery fit again and back in the squad. I'm sure Joe will have noted how he played for Leinster last time out at FULL BACK. He was full of running, speed, footwork and rugby intelligence on a different level to Kearney. With Sexton/Jackson playing good stuff at 10, I would not be too surprised to see Carbery tracked at some point to the 15 shirt. The lad is a fine footballer with a great temperament and a lot of self confidence, and I'm sure has the talent for it.

As for the Wales game, I'd pitch Payne right back in at FB and leave the Ringrose/Henshaw partnership to develop (they seem quite comfortable interchanging at 12/13 now.) Thay would mean dropping one of Earls/Trimble/Zebo. More likely to see Payne on the bench though.
                  Erse end of nowhere

Comment

I am pleased to see Payne back playing because the rumours were not good a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                      Good to see Carbery fit again and back in the squad. I'm sure Joe will have noted how he played for Leinster last time out at FULL BACK. He was full of running, speed, footwork and rugby intelligence on a different level to Kearney. With Sexton/Jackson playing good stuff at 10, I would not be too surprised to see Carbery tracked at some point to the 15 shirt. The lad is a fine footballer with a great temperament and a lot of self confidence, and I'm sure has the talent for it.

As for the Wales game, I'd pitch Payne right back in at FB and leave the Ringrose/Henshaw partnership to develop (they seem quite comfortable interchanging at 12/13 now.) Thay would mean dropping one of Earls/Trimble/Zebo. More likely to see Payne on the bench though.
                      He will have noted how he got caught out under a high ball for a try at full back too. That happened to Zebo when playing at 15 against England in the World Cup warm up in Twickenham and I think that set him back quite a bit.

Excellent performance by Carbery aside from that and looking forward to seeing him in green again.

Comment

So the Indo run a self opinion article about about Ringrose under threat from Payne, next day run another article saying it's a fact, talk about making up your own fake news

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-35499738.html
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post

I have to say I've yet to see all this in action on Carberry . But each to their own. This isn't the AIL. Or Zebre.
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Interesting to hear Eddie's thoughts on the back row. O' Brien hasn't delivered this six nations and doesn't look like the player he once was. POM would bolster the lineout which will be of massive importance in the Welsh game. They employ a very fast line speed and as such we are going to find it difficult to go through or around them. We'll have to employ a strong kicking game if we're going to win which only emphasises the need for a strong and secure line out and maul. And on Barnes: doesn't O' Connell mention in his bio how Barnes screwed Ireland in Cardiff by blowing the pea out of the whistle in the first half and then completely reversing the way he reffed the game in the second, thereby letting the Welsh away with offense's he penalised the Irish for earlier in the game.

Comment

It's not just London trains.Last HCUP final we had 1 train to catch to get back up north.Miss that and we couldn't get back...it was touch and go.Disaster zone outside station then they let people in in flocks...many just jumped on first train available.Not good .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                              Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                                I have to say I've yet to see all this in action on Carberry . But each to their own. This isn't the AIL. Or Zebre.
                                You have to look more closely! Not saying he is ready to play FB for Ireland, just talking about his potential. He did well at 10 for Ireland after being parachuted in with just a few league games under his belt.
                                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X