X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichardP
    replied
    Originally posted by Isa View Post
    Dillane is well ahead of Roux in Schmidt's plans. Dillane has been injured for the last month and has had surgery last week.
    I'm aware of Dillane's injury and I'm also aware JS preferred Roux ahead of him for Irish squads on more than one occasion, sending Dillane rather unceremoniously back to Connacht ala Gilroy or TOD. I wasn't aware you are in on Joe Schmidt's assessment of players; what else can you tell us?

Leave a comment:

• bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    Why not ? - Sweetnam looks about the best all round wing in Ireland. Genuine pace, footballing skiils and great in the air. I hope it's not too long before we see Sweetnam/Byrne lining up for Ireland. I believe in rewarding good form. Time for Joe to bog out the Augean stables.
    This time last year he was nowhere, if he keeps in his current trajectory, no doubt he will win his Cap, same goes for Byrne, let's see them star in a Euro 1/4 Final and more
    1st though.

Leave a comment:

• bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Keyop View Post
    He didn't
    Stop the vid on 3.24, he clearly bounces body and ball off the ground, never a doubt.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Marmion was the only plus out of yesterday. First time he looked like an international class scrum half
    Thought Hendo was better than he has been and John Ryan had a good minute and a half!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Isa
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardP View Post
    He has played Ringrose repeatedly despite mixed performances because Payne was injured. Dillane gets precious little time to demonstrate his talent (Joe seems to prefer Roux for some bizarre reason) and sent back to Connacht, much like TOD. McCluskey was in and out faster than a teenage boy in a brothel. Stander simply could not be ignored and would have been there sooner had he qualified sooner. Furlong, McGrath and Ryan were the only decent props available due to injuries to Healy, Ross and Moore's departure to Wasps, but Kilcoyne is overlooked when a poorly performing Healy is available. Marmion is used only in case of emergency, as were Scannell and Ryan v Wales in an embarrassing failure to use his bench.
    Who is making 'Feck News' other than you/Isa?
    Dillane is well ahead of Roux in Schmidt's plans. Dillane has been injured for the last month and has had surgery last week.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Murray couldn't pass yet was kept on the field, such is the lack of confidence in Marmion. Very unfair as I thought Marmion did well when he was, belatedly, introduced. If Murray isn't fit then I hope Schmidt has the emotional intelligence to make the decision and back Marmion early in the week.

Marmion was the only plus out of yesterday. First time he looked like an international class scrum half

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
    Just to pick 3 of those,

marmian is not trusted to play unless we are well ahead. Not only was Murray injured and making mistakes. Joe let that go on for 15 minutes such is his reluctance to new players.

Scannell couldn't buy a minute in a game. Despite Rory having a poor game. Not to mention Scannell doing a fine job when Rory was out sick!

CJ Stander, honestly, if Joe did not have him in that team he should be sacked. It's that obvious.

So none if those are down to Joe being progressive. He is not holding us back. But he is not allowing us to maximise the talent we have available.
    Murray couldn't pass yet was kept on the field, such is the lack of confidence in Marmion. Very unfair as I thought Marmion did well when he was, belatedly, introduced. If Murray isn't fit then I hope Schmidt has the emotional intelligence to make the decision and back Marmion early in the week.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterTel
    replied
    Same as last week when he made and missed 3 tackles, but he's consistent at 50/50. He also managed to ensure he was way out of position to be the last defender a few times, as usual.
    He's just a godawful last defender. Maybe he's ok at regular defending. We could put him in at half back! Sweeping the line but we'll put a Kearney sweeper in behind Rob.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterTel
    replied
    Originally posted by hooke View Post
    That's just not the case he has developed and brought in Ringrose, Henshaw, Henderson, Dillane, Scannell, McCluskey, Stander, Furlong, McGrath, J Ryan, Marmian, and all of them more than the Canadian game..enough of your Feck News...we are one of the most progressive teams in bringing in and developing new players ...
    Just to pick 3 of those,

marmian is not trusted to play unless we are well ahead. Not only was Murray injured and making mistakes. Joe let that go on for 15 minutes such is his reluctance to new players.

Scannell couldn't buy a minute in a game. Despite Rory having a poor game. Not to mention Scannell doing a fine job when Rory was out sick!

CJ Stander, honestly, if Joe did not have him in that team he should be sacked. It's that obvious.

So none if those are down to Joe being progressive. He is not holding us back. But he is not allowing us to maximise the talent we have available.

Leave a comment:

• RichardP
    replied
    That's just not the case he has developed and brought in Ringrose, Henshaw, Henderson, Dillane, Scannell, McCluskey, Stander, Furlong, McGrath, J Ryan, Marmian, and all of them more than the Canadian game..enough of your Feck News...we are one of the most progressive teams in bringing in and developing new players ...
    He has played Ringrose repeatedly despite mixed performances because Payne was injured. Dillane gets precious little time to demonstrate his talent (Joe seems to prefer Roux for some bizarre reason) and sent back to Connacht, much like TOD. McCluskey was in and out faster than a teenage boy in a brothel. Stander simply could not be ignored and would have been there sooner had he qualified sooner. Furlong, McGrath and Ryan were the only decent props available due to injuries to Healy, Ross and Moore's departure to Wasps, but Kilcoyne is overlooked when a poorly performing Healy is available. Marmion is used only in case of emergency, as were Scannell and Ryan v Wales in an embarrassing failure to use his bench.
    Who is making 'Feck News' other than you/Isa?

Leave a comment:

• supiebrian
    replied
    I think you may need to qualify your statements...

Firstly, Darcy and BOD moving on led to Henshaw, and originally Payne, coming in. Subsequently Payne got injured, so Ringrose needed to step in.

When POC was coming to the end, Henderson was seen as a potential new Paulie, so he comes in. Injury to Henderson then meant Joe reverted to D Ryan.

POM got injured at RWC and so CJ comes in. Healy also got injured in 2015, McGrath comes in. All others were merely given caps out of necessity and their selection was driven by the volume of games in the Autumn.

I would therefore suggest that your last sentence should read..."When faced with extenuating circumstances, Joe can be progressive and bring in and develop players..."

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
    Conway is a fine Rugby player and plays Joeball to a tee, Sweetnam is a fine athlete but should be nowhere near a cap yet.
    Why not ? - Sweetnam looks about the best all round wing in Ireland. Genuine pace, footballing skiils and great in the air. I hope it's not too long before we see Sweetnam/Byrne lining up for Ireland. I believe in rewarding good form. Time for Joe to bog out the Augean stables.

Leave a comment:

• hooke
    replied
    Most of those new caps were against Canada and in SA where we had a minor injury crisis. If you can't see how unwilling to embrace change this man is then don't waste time presenting bull**** statistics

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    We have delusions of grandeur after beating a few Southern Hemisphere teams in friendlies last year.

We have one world class player.
    Do we? Can we really just dismiss half the games we play a year internationally then. The so called friendlies are as intense etc as any of these games on right now

Leave a comment:

• RichardP
    replied
    Originally posted by Isa View Post
    More drivel from Daithi! We have given 19 players their debuts in the last year. That's a coach that dislikes change alright.
    Most of those new caps were against Canada and in SA where we had a minor injury crisis. If you can't see how unwilling to embrace change this man is then don't waste time presenting bull**** statistics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X