Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawrence
    replied
    We have delusions of grandeur after beating a few Southern Hemisphere teams in friendlies last year.

We have one world class player.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpasimpson
    replied
    Originally posted by ormond lad View Post

Ah that isnt really true at all. Look at downward spiral of DK results after the first 2 seasons...
    Last season we won 2 6N games, we are on track to do the same this 6N, to me we're in the vicinity of "downward spiral".

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RichardP
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    So Rob "nailed on for the Lions" Kearney made 2 tackles and missed 2. 50% success rate. Dung

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Same as last week when he made and missed 3 tackles, but he's consistent at 50/50. He also managed to ensure he was way out of position to be the last defender a few times, as usual.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Which means the ref got 7 points wrong. He also unacceptably stopped ireland progressing with a scrum.

Leave a comment:

• Keyop
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevy-Wevz View Post

Am I seeing things or did North not ground the ball for his second try? Moment I'm talking about at 3:22

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying Ireland should have won the match I do understand why this wasn't checked, but interesting all the same
    He didn't

Leave a comment:

• ormond lad
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    I dismissed the pre-match anti-Barnes stuff on here, but the yellow card, and none minutes before for three penalties in the red zone was sickening. Disallowing the mauled try was - in hindsight- plausible, but in the heat of the moment, and not taking a review suggests a preparedness to see one particular outcome. We needed to be better to win tonight, and we weren't. Marginal calls always cost unless you dominate.
    Sickening?? Ah here. Disallowing that try was completely plausible and not checking it shows a good referee. Knew he and his team were correct in what they saw and in how they acted at the incident occured. There was no doubt so no need to check the TMO.

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    Just a word for Marmion. He delivered the ball quickly and accurately, tried the odd snipe and tackled well. He is not a bad SH at all, and should really be getting more game time to bring him up to international speed. Murry is superb, but Ireland cannot rely on his being fit all the time.
    He isnt bad at all. He needs to start more tests or at least get 10-15 minutes in more games. Murray is world class but doesnt need to play 70-75+ every game.

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
    1/3 in South Africa against the worst performing Springboks team I can remember
    First ever test win ever down there counts for something though

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    Did Kidney even have two seasons as bad as this? I expect we will lose against England next week - he got two six nations titles on the back of the team that Kidney built - then likely to get 2/5 two years running.
    Ah that isnt really true at all. Look at downward spiral of DK results after the first 2 seasons...

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Id really like to see Ireland bring on the youth versus England. Why not hey!? Is a game of nothing now, we might as well try to salvage some value f from it.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see most of the guys north of 30 omitted from the squad for the up &coming e.g. guys like TOH, Jackson, Marmion, Ieavy. POM, Ryan &Scannell getting a go. My bet is they'd do as well or better than the guys they're replacing and at least it would show the squad that this coach can pick new players when the tried, tested and obviously tired are pretty crap.
    Why though? Winning is most important. Those north of 30 being omitted is waste of time. Up and coming guys if cant make team for a game like this will get game time in June in Japan.

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
    Henshaw is a great player but I don't like him hugely at 12, he's not the best distributor and perhaps he's better off at 13. For me Payne should start ahead of Kearney so I'd probably go with Zebo and earls on the wings still. Either that or Payne to 13 move Zebo to full back with ringrose on the wing. We have plenty of good wing options with Conway Byrne sweetnam TOH.

I think we d do better with someone like Carberry Marshall olding at 12
    Because he isnt really a 12. Always was 13 and then a 15. But Payne/Ringrose will be preferred at 13 always under schmidt. He becomes so much more limited as a 12 and cant show his full range of skills which is such a shame.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    He is, Gilroy is their equal, Payne is a mile ahead of Kearney.

Sad we can play a back 3 at a province that is better than the international 3 on the same weekend.

But one of them is NIQ and another of them is only a couple of games back from injury. I like Gilroy and think he should be in the 23. Maybe Payne to 13, Zebo to 15 and Gilroy to the wing but pigs will fly in a frozen over corner of hell before we see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    He is, Gilroy is their equal, Payne is a mile ahead of Kearney.

Sad we can play a back 3 at a province that is better than the international 3 on the same weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Conway too small for Joe, he likes big lumbering no noncesense plodding
    D Kearney

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Who said he was?

I just don't see the relevance of the initial comment. Is Charlie Piatau a better player than Zebo or Earls? Quite possibly but that has the square root of feck all to do with a thread about Wales V Ireland. Should Gilroy be starting ahead of Earls/ Zebo is relevant, should Payne be ahead of Kearney is relevant. I would answer no to the former and yes to the latter btw. Gilroy should be on the bench because he offers something different, but JS wouldn't send him on until the game is lost anyway so it wouldn't make any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X