X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• untilyouhearthatbell
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    None of them international standard in my opinion yet. Sweetnam the best of them
    They need to be picked in an international team for them to get to an international standard, but Joe won't give them the experience they need.

The same was said about Ringrose but Joe gave him the exposure needed. Stuart McCloskey must be scratching his head, or maybe he realises it's because he doesn't wear blue and he's come to terms with that

Leave a comment:

• kevin10
    replied
    The IRFU were happy for the roof to be closed. At elite level sport you do not naively give away such an advantage - I just watched the Welsh anthem again on the telly and I needed a box of tissues ( due to crying nothing else) to deal with the enhanced emotion of noise created by the roof. The IRFU wanted to show off that we are not petty like the English- we can win with the roof closed. People with a killler sporting instinct like Roy Keane , Eddie Jones etc would not give a millimetre of advantage to the other team- win at all costs. Look at how the Welsh started - we willlingly helped them start by our stupid decision when they were at a low of confidence going into the match . Then the nice Welsh decided to compound our kindness by making a mockery of the pitch where a pair of speedo trunks were more useful than a pair of adidas boots. We were made fools of by the Welsh before the game started. I hope post match we can reflect in the glory of not being small minded like the English- are'nt we very morally superior - do we get a bonus point for that under the new system ?

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied
    Originally posted by Isa View Post
    Can only laugh at this. Wales will get hammered next week. Away from home even the worst of team are hard to beat. As always we are not as good as we think and definitely not as bad as we think.
    Speaking of stuff we can only laugh at...

Quote Originally Posted by Isa View Post That will show you how fake those stats are. French pack is no way lighter than the Irish pack. Essy Irish win as predicted. I'm sure plenty round here will continue with the negative stuff. We will beat Wales easy enough aswell.

Leave a comment:

• bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Best has reverted to his poor darts of yesteryear.
    Well it is a Lions year after all.

Leave a comment:

• hooke
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardP View Post
    He has played Ringrose repeatedly despite mixed performances because Payne was injured. Dillane gets precious little time to demonstrate his talent (Joe seems to prefer Roux for some bizarre reason) and sent back to Connacht, much like TOD. McCluskey was in and out faster than a teenage boy in a brothel. Stander simply could not be ignored and would have been there sooner had he qualified sooner. Furlong, McGrath and Ryan were the only decent props available due to injuries to Healy, Ross and Moore's departure to Wasps, but Kilcoyne is overlooked when a poorly performing Healy is available. Marmion is used only in case of emergency, as were Scannell and Ryan v Wales in an embarrassing failure to use his bench.
    Who is making 'Feck News' other than you/Isa?
    Your like a Trump supporter...read your own statement you make the case that he has more than blooded but actually used all these players extensively...I rest my case (except to say your Isa reference baffles me who or what is Isa ? )

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied
    We need to beef up midfield..England were powering through Scotland yesterday.
    POM must start..if not forget about lineouts.Best has reverted to his poor darts of yesteryear.
    SOB to bench.
    And whoever is on bench must be used effectively..not tokens at 79mins stupid.Players were exhausted and needed replacing.I really don't understand why they were left on risking In jury when fresh legs sat watching Ireland being defeated.
    Praying Murray is OK..we need him for qtr final

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Marmion was the only plus out of yesterday. First time he looked like an international class scrum half
    Donnacha Ryan aswell for me. Showed yet again what a mockery it was to drop him from the 23 for Scottish game. On form Irish lock at the moment. Joe even took off Toner instead of him for the first time ever!

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
    SOB was the best ball carrier in europe in his hayday and sad to see him go out with whimper
    I'm still here chap

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Strange game. We were well outplayed yet had Henshaw not sabotaged that maul we'd probably have got an undeserved victory.

Thought we played into Wales' hands tactically, as we did two years ago and in the second half last year. Wales got to Sexton and Murray and with their injuries neither was able to get their kicking game going. Back row was thoroughly outplayed, though Stander looked very good when he found some space. Allied with a malfunctioning set-piece and an unbelievable amount of handling errors (I think Furlong alone dropped the ball four times and Heaslip twice) and it was bound to end badly.

Leave a comment:

• Grandpasimpson
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Jackson will, wrongly, be thrown under a bus this week and Carbery will be in on the bench. Payne will go to 13 with Ringrose to the wing and Zebo to the bench. CJ will go to the bench with POM starting so Schmidt can persist with an overweight second receiver miles behind the gainline who can't pass. Ryan will be dropped for Hendo leaving high tower to carry on like a new born giraffe. The hockeying will be put down to Sexton and Murray both going off injured in the first quarter, with Murray's arm injury ending his rugby for the calendar year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's worryingly accurate😥

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• redherring
    replied
    1. Playing his way out of the Lions and green jersey at the moment.
    2. Not his usual self. Perhaps age and a hard hard combative career is catching up.
    3. Big shift around the pitch. Needed to be given a break after 65 mins.
    4. Massive game in defence and made some good carries
    6. Huge game till he went off. I only hope it was a knock that forced him off
    7. Not at the races one bit. A shadow of the SOB 3/4 years ago
    8. Solid in defence but was largely ineffective in attack.
    9. Injured at 35 mins but was solid till then. Webb certainly won the 9 battle.
    10. Few wayward kicks but got poor ball all night and struggled.
    11. Couple of half breaks but got precious little ball.
    12. The best 15 playing at 12 who can't pass a ball to test standard. Made big hits in defence.
    13. Wasted in Ireland's moronic back play game plan. Has to feed off scraps from inside him.
    14. Playing ok if unspectacular.
    15. Excellent in the air. Offered little going forward.

JS. Got nothing right! Left his 2,3 and 5 on too long. Made a f*cking mug out of Ryan, Scannell and Bowe. He simply is not picking on form. Ireland ran a couple of balls off set pieces from 9 - 10 - 12 to inside to the on rushing winger who was smashed. Wales, England and Scotland showed moving the ball to 13 and back 3 quickly = tries.

Leave a comment:

• bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    If he's looking like the best wing in Ireland why not play him? This is what selection of form players is all about. Do you say the same about Carbery? He was equally nowhere this time last year, and Ringrose was not much farther ahead.
    Because he's not looking the best wing in Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    If he's looking like the best wing in Ireland why not play him? This is what selection of form players is all about. Do you say the same about Carbery? He was equally nowhere this time last year, and Ringrose was not much farther ahead.
    Carbery has had 20 minutes at this level. That's all. Ross Byrne still looks a better 10 to me.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Jackson will, wrongly, be thrown under a bus this week and Carbery will be in on the bench. Payne will go to 13 with Ringrose to the wing and Zebo to the bench. CJ will go to the bench with POM starting so Schmidt can persist with an overweight second receiver miles behind the gainline who can't pass. Ryan will be dropped for Hendo leaving high tower to carry on like a new born giraffe. The hockeying will be put down to Sexton and Murray both going off injured in the first quarter, with Murray's arm injury ending his rugby for the calendar year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
    This time last year he was nowhere, if he keeps in his current trajectory, no doubt he will win his Cap, same goes for Byrne, let's see them star in a Euro 1/4 Final and more
    1st though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X