X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LongtimeLurker
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    So we have comments about not picking players that won't be around for the RWC, pick younger players to give them experience etc (picking Henderson/Dillane ahead of Ryan being an example) an when it happens to favoured player it's bad thing. Henderson had a really poor game against Scotland where people wanted him dropped and suddenly he is the saviour against Eng.
    Think the impact of luck has been overlooked. Joe has had his fair share of luck in his first couple of seasons in charge. That kind of thing tends to even out in time. Its not gone his way this season. Personally also think Plumtrees departure / loss has proven significant, Easterby just not as experienced in coaching terms. A good example of this is asking Toner to act as first receiver, its madness, don’t get where that comes from but it’s a coaching decision, as Toner would not be putting himself up as a source of primary go forward ball, he has excellent hands and is not a bad link player for a second row but he is just not a man built to make the primary drive. It’s just not his forte, why ask him to do it? A malfunctioning lineout is a group skill. Best and Toner are copping all the blame and should be taken out and shot, there are at least 3 guys involved in each throw in and the timing is crucial. Looking at it again unfortunately as I love his heart and will never forget that clear out while carrying a broken arm against NZ a few years ago, Best looks to have undercooked the crucial throws. It’s all very well to be ballsy and go for the try but in a tight game you build a score. For all the abuse Wayne Barnes got on this thread he gave Ireland more than enough penalty opportunities to win this game. As a collective the Irish team failed to take their opportunities.
    As a Leinster fan been dipping in and out for years but never posted yet. I find the provincial bias on here interesting +/ disappointing - no less than on babblingbrook in fairness. I think it needs to be said they are not Munster or Leinster players when playing for Ireland. They are Irish players. None of them go out intending to have a bad game and some of the comments here have gone over the top. A few people on here seem to have changed their tune massively since the game in Chicago.
    JS not above criticism but anyone talking about a change of coach needs to calm down and start taking the tablets again.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    McCloskey's biggest problem is that for a large fella he tackles like a Kearney

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I'm a big fan of his top knot. Very sumo.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    McCloskey's biggest problem is that for a large fella he tackles like a Kearney

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Benji View Post
    McCloskey,....Has had his injury problems and is only getting going now in my opinion. His not always been first choice with Ulster and from what I remember he hasnt really featured since he was rumoured to have refused to travel to South Africa. Instead chosing to support Northern Ireland in the Euro's
    Jaysus, I find that hard to believe but if it is true we're not missing him enough to let him back into the squad after that. Olding and Marshall are better players and I think Ringrose is too. McCloskey would be more suited to what Joe has Henshaw doing at the moment though.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Originally posted by untilyouhearthatbell View Post
    They need to be picked in an international team for them to get to an international standard, but Joe won't give them the experience they need.

The same was said about Ringrose but Joe gave him the exposure needed. Stuart McCloskey must be scratching his head, or maybe he realises it's because he doesn't wear blue and he's come to terms with that
    McCloskey,....Has had his injury problems and is only getting going now in my opinion. His not always been first choice with Ulster and from what I remember he hasnt really featured since he was rumoured to have refused to travel to South Africa. Instead chosing to support Northern Ireland in the Euro's

Leave a comment:

• Lad
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    I have been that way for a while, going back to Daverage getting picked, and Zebo being left off the squad, when he was head and shoulders above others.

The winning and losing isn't the problem, but the idea of supporting a team that isn't picked on form, when its overly expensive to do so anyway has put me off it a long time ago.

The IRFU are lucky that they have such a small stadium to fill, because the way it is going we wouldn't be filling an 80k stadium with performances like Wales and Scotland this year, its a downward spiral at the moment.
    That's it, international ticket prices have been ridiculous since the RWC 2015 and when you're not even getting to see the best team we can put together it's starting to seem a bit pointless. This is the first year I've turned down tickets to the six nations.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster Fan View Post
    Cant understand how we lost when we won the "Accenture Index"?
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/39264.php#.WMaenm-LSUk

We certainly played like we had no risk appetite, over hyped and over confident.............

They are savage numbers by tupiric.

Leave a comment:

• Monster Fan
    replied
    Cant understand how we lost when we won the "Accenture Index"?
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/39264.php#.WMaenm-LSUk

We certainly played like we had no risk appetite, over hyped and over confident.............

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
    Agree. But for whatever reason, commercial or otherwise, thats the way things are. For the first year ever i am starting to switch off on the national set up. There's clearly financial pressures being applied to who gets to play. It's not the best team we can put out. Which is fine if thats the deal. But when i see good players getting thrown under a bus publicly when it turns out under this type of regime they NEVER were gonna make it anyway, i find it pathetic.

I have been that way for a while, going back to Daverage getting picked, and Zebo being left off the squad, when he was head and shoulders above others.

The winning and losing isn't the problem, but the idea of supporting a team that isn't picked on form, when its overly expensive to do so anyway has put me off it a long time ago.

The IRFU are lucky that they have such a small stadium to fill, because the way it is going we wouldn't be filling an 80k stadium with performances like Wales and Scotland this year, its a downward spiral at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Cullensstep
    replied
    The results are not good enough. In the press conference afterwards saying we have a lot to play for finishing in the top half of the 6 nations!!! Can I put it out there to the Joepologists, is this what you call acceptable when you claim the man is a genius and one of the best coaches in the world? I don't care about beating Leinster heads with this, or anyone who backed Joe blindly based on previous results, I just want an International team that will play players who are showing form! As an Irishman who lives in London, I have next Saturday off and was planning a good day out with my English pals to watch the game and if we won or lost it would still be a good day. But I don't even want to watch this selection policy of zero change unless seriously injured. Joke of a selector.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-34756207.html George knew all along

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
    So we have comments about not picking players that won't be around for the RWC, pick younger players to give them experience etc (picking Henderson/Dillane ahead of Ryan being an example) an when it happens to favoured player it's bad thing. Henderson had a really poor game against Scotland where people wanted him dropped and suddenly he is the saviour against Eng.
    Hendo was better on Friday night than the baby Giraffe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MunsterTel
    replied
    Which shouldn't matter a bit.
    Agree. But for whatever reason, commercial or otherwise, thats the way things are. For the first year ever i am starting to switch off on the national set up. There's clearly financial pressures being applied to who gets to play. It's not the best team we can put out. Which is fine if thats the deal. But when i see good players getting thrown under a bus publicly when it turns out under this type of regime they NEVER were gonna make it anyway, i find it pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    We lost that game on the sideline.

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Central contract.
    Which shouldn't matter a bit.

Leave a comment:

• MunsterTel
    replied
    The last few pages have been about Joe's Selections, the lack of trust in younger players and the impossibility of some players to get out of the team, while others that are doing well dont get a chance.

But if there is one selection that Joe should get hammered for its the selection of Tommy Bowe, he is well past it, has no form this season, very little game time and has done nothing to be included, this story about him "training the house down" is no justification for a part of the match day 23 but then when he is included, and you need some impact he gets no game time.

There is at least one winger in each province better than him, and two in some.
    Central contract.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X