No announcement yet.

6N) Wales V Ireland - Fri, 10 March, 20:05 - RTE & BBC - FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payne didn't train today so looks like Ringrose will stay in the team for Wales.

Comment

This is a massive game IMO, our chances of a championship are entirely on how we perform Friday night.

My concerns are Welsh pashun borne out of pressure and an absolute need to win. They'll go through walls to stop the rot at home. They mightn't be playing great at the moment but they have more than enough to beat us if we are not at the right pitch mentally or accurate completely.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        This is a massive game IMO, our chances of a championship are entirely on how we perform Friday night.

My concerns are Welsh pashun borne out of pressure and an absolute need to win. They'll go through walls to stop the rot at home. They mightn't be playing great at the moment but they have more than enough to beat us if we are not at the right pitch mentally or accurate completely.
        There's more than that for me. I won't be happy with a top 3 finish, to lose to England on the last day is no shame but to lose to Scotland and Wales in the same 6N is a very poor return on the talent we are putting out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Big game and a big performance likely coming from Wales but I'm not that concerned about the result. A championship is highly unlikely anyway at this stage and I would be as content taking the scalp off the best team in the 6 nations and stopping their grand slam regardless of where we come in the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Lad View Post
            Big game and a big performance likely coming from Wales but I'm not that concerned about the result. A championship is highly unlikely anyway at this stage and I would be as content taking the scalp off the best team in the 6 nations and stopping their grand slam regardless of where we come in the table.
            A 6ns match against Wales with a chance to stay in contention for the championship and youre not concerned about the result...........why?
            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

I struggle bigly to understand that sort of thinking. There is no team in rugby I hate losing to more than the Welsh.

Obviously I enjoy beating the English or the All Blacks more than anyone, and to be honest beating Wales is just relief rather than any great sense of achievement. But as for losing to them... I hates it.

Comment

Loose to wales and no Championship for Ireland .... Although & hopefully Scotland will beat England setting up some final weekend for the winners this weekend..

I'm looking for 1 ticket for Friday. Am driving from Redditch off M42 / south of Birmingham on Friday afternoon if somebody looking for a lift...

Comment

Agree with that, I'm not suggesting that we do parachute him onto the bench but what I mean is that I can't see much between their respective offerings already. I haven't seen PJ manage a game at international level and Carbery is likely to catch him sooner rather than later. You're right though, Japan is the time for that.
                  Both are great young players. Paddy has a head start in age and experience, but Carbery's class is clear. I think you are too hard on PJ, who has done really well for Ireland in Sexton's absence, and is now a true international quality FH who plays with increasing confidence (with superb place kicking stats from the last few games too.) Why not give the lad some deserved credit?
                  Erse end of nowhere

Comment

1. The Welsh match is huge. As described elsewhere it's pretty much a semi final.
                    2. Don't really understand the Jackson/Carberry thing. We're now in the best position at 10 in the professional era. One mature world class 10, one maturing, international class 10 and one young 10 that looks like he's going to be top drawer. It's a great position to be in.

Comment

Carbery looks like he'd need a boost to reach the top drawer.
                      The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
                        I struggle bigly to understand that sort of thinking. There is no team in rugby I hate losing to more than the Welsh.

Obviously I enjoy beating the English or the All Blacks more than anyone, and to be honest beating Wales is just relief rather than any great sense of achievement. But as for losing to them... I hates it.
                        By announcing Barnes as the ref it would seem the 6N committee want Wales to win unfortunately.

Comment

Because its a Friday night kick off should we be getting the team tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post
                            By announcing Barnes as the ref it would seem the 6N committee want Wales to win unfortunately.
                            What exactly are you suggesting here?
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

All very quiet concerning the roof. Surely there should have beern a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth on this imperative issue by this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cathalsmart View Post

Are you a journo with the ITimes?

Two articles in two days on how ****e Barnes is with us?
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X