No announcement yet.

6N) Wales V Ireland - Fri, 10 March, 20:05 - RTE & BBC - FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up Ireland
    I am the million man.

Down Wales
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

signed up to travel to this one a while back......never occured to me that it might be on a friday night....a bit of a balls frankly.
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
        signed up to travel to this one a while back......never occured to me that it might be on a friday night....a bit of a balls frankly.
        Agreed, Friday night is a pain in the hole.

Comment

Has anyone advice on traveling to the game on a Friday night? I am thinking about parking a couple of miles out of town and walking in but maybe there are better options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            Has anyone advice on traveling to the game on a Friday night? I am thinking about parking a couple of miles out of town and walking in but maybe there are better options.

There's no easy answer. Quite a few of the hotels in the city centre have their own carparks which helps as it's difficult otherwise. Are you staying over or getting away after the match? Long day if the latter!

Comment

From which direction will you be heading to Cardiff? There's be the usual park and ride options as well as some opportunities to park on the street outside of the city centre (and the catch the bus / walk into town) - but beware of resident only streets / areas - avoid at all costs!
              "The trouble with resisting temptation is that you may not get another chance"
              Edwin Chapin (1857 - 1942)

Comment

MRSC London are running a bus from London, naturally.
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sian24 View Post
                  From which direction will you be heading to Cardiff? There's be the usual park and ride options as well as some opportunities to park on the street outside of the city centre (and the catch the bus / walk into town) - but beware of resident only streets / areas - avoid at all costs!
                  Heading down from Cheltenham. And going home straight after the game.

Comment

Consider driving to Newport and getting the train in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      Consider driving to Newport and getting the train in and out.
                      I think the trains have stopped running by the end of the game. But I will have a look. EDIT Had a look and it is a very good option. Thank you Piquet

Last edited by the plastic paddy; 27th-February-2017, 14:42.

Comment

I think the trains have stopped running by the end of the game. But I will have a look. EDIT Had a look and it is a very good option. Thank you Piquet

Be prepared though to have to queue for the train on your way home - it's likely to be extremely busy down in the station. (Have also just sent you a PM).

Comment

If anybody does decided to park and then get the bus into town, make sure you have the correct change (£1.80 each way) - as a rule Cardiff buses don't give change!

Comment

Tricky game. Wales are not playing well but you know what's going to happen. Ireland will be battering away at their line with one out runners and the longer they keep Ireland out the more vocal the crowd gets and before long the Welsh tails are up again.

Ireland should be looking at 3 pointers. Keep adding to the scoreboard. There's also Wayne Barnes to deal with.

Comment

The train station in Cardiff is a disaster zone after matches. I would avoid it if possible. Might be easier getting to Newport if it's a different line to the London trains but it's blood grim if you're stuck in the queue with everybody else. Hours of queuing.

Comment

Working...
                              X