Dan Vickerman RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan Vickerman RIP

Very sad news from Australia today with ex-Wallabies lock Dan Vickerman passing away at the young age of 37.

Leaves behind his wife and 2 young children.

63 Wallabies caps he won before having to retire early in 2012 due to persistent problems with stress fractures in his right leg.

Sadly all articles and reports mention no suspicious circumstances and have links to Lifeline and beyondblue so it's probably safe to assume the worst unfortunately.

Desperately sad for him and the family he leaves behind. He was a massively talented and skillful fella for a lock and seemed like a smart and decent fella on tv. He used to do a bit of analysis on whatever channel I watched super 14 while I was in Singapore and he always came across very well.

Comment

Too many rugby players are dying too young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another sad loss to the rugby world. Terrible news to wake up to, thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones, 37 is no age to go.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Desperately sad loss, smashing period with the waratahs

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Incredibly sad to hear this.

Comment

Very sad news. Thoughts are with Dan's family and friends.

Don't suffer in silence.
              forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Really awfully sad news. Brings back memories of when we lost Conrad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

What a tragedy. His poor family.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Such sad news to hear, young man with a young family . RIP .

Comment

Really sad news, far too young. RIP
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

mark chisholm must have packed down with him a lot. heartbreaking news.

Comment

Working...
                        X