Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS Dan! ..........(Dan Carter DUI)

From Dan Carter's Facebook page..

"I am sure a lot of you have seen the headlines. No excuses - I made a massive error of judgment and have let down my club, my fans and most importantly my family. I will have to now let the police/court process run its course and face the consequences. I am just glad no one was harmed. Sorry."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39001361

Former New Zealand fly-half Dan Carter has apologised for "a massive error of judgement" after reports he was stopped for drink-driving by police in Paris.

Three times a World Player of the Year, the 34-year-old plays for Racing 92 in the French capital.

The AFP news agency cited a police source as saying he was found to be over the limit after a roadside test, but was not arrested or detained.

"I've let down my club, fans and most importantly my family," Carter said.

He added in a Facebook post: "I am sure a lot of you have seen the headlines. No excuses.

"I will have to now let the police/court process run its course and face the consequences. I am just glad no one was harmed. Sorry."

Carter is regarded as one of the sport's finest fly-halves and was a World Cup winner with the All Blacks in 2011 and 2015.
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

He's been unlucky. Reportedly at .8 - he'd have passed a breathalyzer in the UK. He's had about 2 pints. Silly boy though, given the limits in Europe.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Whats he doing driving in Paris, the lunatic...
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
        He's been unlucky. Reportedly at .8 - he'd have passed a breathalyzer in the UK. He's had about 2 pints. Silly boy though, given the limits in Europe.
        .8 of a mg per 100ml of breath?

or what measurement?

Is the limit in the UK still 35mg/100ml for Breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

or what measurement?

35mg breath, 80mg blood. If he's 80mg breath then he's been very foolish indeed.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            35mg breath, 80mg blood. If he's 80mg breath then he's been very foolish indeed.
            Oh jaysus don't take that from what I was saying at all.

I've no idea about Dan's case. I was just wondering about what you had read - about how they had put it.

Comment

Oh jaysus don't take that from what I was saying at all.

I've no idea about Dan's case. I was just wondering about what you had read - about how they had put it.

I wasn't - tell his lawyers you said nathin :-)

They didn't specify in the report I read.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                From Dan Carter's Facebook page..

"I am sure a lot of you have seen the headlines. No excuses - I made a massive error of judgment and have let down my club, my fans and most importantly my family. I will have to now let the police/court process run its course and face the consequences. I am just glad no one was harmed. Sorry."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39001361

Former New Zealand fly-half Dan Carter has apologised for "a massive error of judgement" after reports he was stopped for drink-driving by police in Paris.

Three times a World Player of the Year, the 34-year-old plays for Racing 92 in the French capital.

The AFP news agency cited a police source as saying he was found to be over the limit after a roadside test, but was not arrested or detained.

"I've let down my club, fans and most importantly my family," Carter said.

He added in a Facebook post: "I am sure a lot of you have seen the headlines. No excuses.

"I will have to now let the police/court process run its course and face the consequences. I am just glad no one was harmed. Sorry."

Carter is regarded as one of the sport's finest fly-halves and was a World Cup winner with the All Blacks in 2011 and 2015.
                At least he wasn't dancing on cars .....

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                  At least he wasn't dancing on cars .....
                  And at least it was a car rather than a golf buggy, on a motorway!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hardly fake news I suppose.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

or what measurement?

3 pints. Or 4 if you promise to eat before you leave the pub.
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                        3 pints. Or 4 if you promise to eat before you leave the pub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-17-10-51-56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	2492408

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk
                        De do dat dare don't dey.

Comment

4 pints! Jaysus there's no one could be safe to drive after that unless it was over 4 hours maybe

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Course ya can. You know when you have that first pint, 20 minutes later you're in at the urinal, sure that's the first one gone.
                            The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Anyway, driving is a motor skill, you can't forget it. Never had a bar man take my shoes off me and tell me i'm not fit to tie my laces either.

Comment

Working...
                              X