Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N G2)//KO14:25// Italy V Ireland. Saturday 11th February. Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin77
    replied
    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    As long as people from Munster keep clicking on every one of his articles and talking about him online they'll be happy enough.
    It's amazing what comes out of his mouth. He actually said that the Scotland game was the first time that Schmidt had been ever outhought/beaten in the video analysis for Ireland.
    Last edited by Kevin77; 17th-February-2017, 04:02.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
    That's just astonishing, I wonder has he ever been outside of Dublin 2&4?

I can't see that a struggling national newspaper can long tolerate a reporter of national and international sport being unable to report from a national perspective.
    As long as people from Munster keep clicking on every one of his articles and talking about him online they'll be happy enough.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170208-WA0000.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	2492399

Two weeks in a row Munsters No 8 CJ Stander makes the team of the week based on the auld stats.

He also beat most defenders of any player last week.

That's two weeks in a row our other No 8 didn't make the team. Jamie. Sean O Brien did make it last week.

Perhaps Cummiskey should get onto Accenture and advise them how to calculate "unseen work" into their stats and get Jamie on the team of the week.

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Five
    replied
    I'd highly recommend not reading Wummiskey. Working out great for me.

Leave a comment:

• Keyop
    replied
    Originally posted by Benji View Post
    Yes, Great idea Lets get Soda Bread to write it. He can then send him the same information everyday in a different format and melt his head.
    Two birds one stone . Keep them both busy.
    Ah now. Soda is not posting anymore

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Maybe we should send them a strongly worded letter
    Yes, Great idea Lets get Soda Bread to write it. He can then send him the same information everyday in a different format and melt his head.
    Two birds one stone . Keep them both busy.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Maybe we should send them a strongly worded letter

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Sure, What should you expect from a pig but a grunt. Well done Scannell who had a great debut.

Leave a comment:

• redherring
    replied

I can't see that a struggling national newspaper can long tolerate a reporter of national and international sport being unable to report from a national perspective.
    He's pathetic. First cap and not a foot wrong all day. No mention whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied

It's high time for an opinion piece Rathbaner!

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by redherring View Post
    I see Wummiskey decided not to mention N. Scannell once in his "analysis" of Ireland last night on OTB. He did devote time to mention how CJ won't be able to do what he did against France because the players will be bigger.

Leave a comment:

• redherring
    replied
    I see Wummiskey decided not to mention N. Scannell once in his "analysis" of Ireland last night on OTB. He did devote time to mention how CJ won't be able to do what he did against France because the players will be bigger.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelRobartes
    replied
    Fla on BBC rugby podcast here, around 28 minutes in. Mostly talking about CJ:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04stz1b

Leave a comment:

• lawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
    He was well-marked by Scotland but I would not single him out. His performance was reflection of what was going on with the team as a whole. He is not a one man band and cannot do much with poor ball and poor support. I think Henshaw is a tremendous player who always gives 100% and hardly ever has a poor game. He would run through a brick wall for Ireland, in fact that is part of the current problem - Schmidt seems intent on using him as a limited Jamie Roberts-style bosher, when Henshaw has much more to his game and is a good footballer.

He does seem to be doing a lot of heavy trucking alright, but I guess that comes with the territory. Even when we started to get on top against Scotland he didn't stand out to me as playing great, that said he had some big carries at the start of the Italian game and was a big part of setting the tone.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Terrible is probably a bit harsh, Ineffective more like
    He was well-marked by Scotland but I would not single him out. His performance was reflection of what was going on with the team as a whole. He is not a one man band and cannot do much with poor ball and poor support. I think Henshaw is a tremendous player who always gives 100% and hardly ever has a poor game. He would run through a brick wall for Ireland, in fact that is part of the current problem - Schmidt seems intent on using him as a limited Jamie Roberts-style bosher, when Henshaw has much more to his game and is a good footballer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X