Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N G2)//KO14:25// Italy V Ireland. Saturday 11th February. Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who has a twitter box? I've seen mention of tweets attributing commtfrom Schmidt or something along those lines. Where/how can I see the actual tweets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock Thrower View Post
      Greatest ever loss record would be beaten 5 weekends in a row?
      Italy have had 16 yrs and are still getting destroyed. I suggest last in Tier 1 6N hosts winners of Tier 2 in a game for spot in the following year 6N...

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
        Italy have had 16 yrs and are still getting destroyed. I suggest last in Tier 1 6N hosts winners of Tier 2 in a game for spot in the following year 6N...

Georgia barely beat Belgium today. The status quo won't change in that case...

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
          Earls try rate is fantastic for Ireland. Id like to see his try rate from wing only when you consider how much he moved around.
          16 tries from 32 starts on the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock Thrower View Post
            Georgia barely beat Belgium today. The status quo won't change in that case...
            Fair enough, just think Italy need a good kick up the arse and play some rugby[emoji2][emoji464]

Comment

Italy could benefit from a spell playing teams of their own standard. With relegation at least if hammering were to be doled out at least it would only be for one year at a time instead of 16 years straight

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I don't know how Italy are going to improve but surely it's not by being the whipping boys of the 6 Nations year in year out.
                Every other team are getting better, more professional and more clinical and they're stuck. I don't know what the answer is but they cannot benefit from this.

What positives can they take from today? How do you motivate the players every week? We're not the All Blacks, we have weaknesses and areas that need a lot of work but we looked sensational in comparison. There is very little even Ireland can take away from today.

We played what was in front of us, but they were so poor. We've learned nothing, the performance is nearly irrelevant, we can take away the confidence winning gives you and the experience players gained, but we will have learned very little today.
                Last edited by Stringer9; 12-February-2017, 00:37.
                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Good team performance but once again Kearney was shown up for the limited player that he is these days. When the best a fanboy like Cummiskey can come up with is 50 metres from 10 carries, a turnover and "unseen work in the backfield" you know there's a problem. Those would be decent stats for back row but they're appalling for a FB against opposition of that quality.

Italy had feck all possession and offered feck all attacking threat so I'm struggling to understand what the "unseen work in the backfield" could have been. Was he knitting scarves for orphans back there or something?

Typical of Joe to put Gilroy on the wing and still avoid moving Zebo to FB. Might have shown us what a genuinely dangerous back three would look like working in concert.

Oh to have seen a footballer like TOH out there from the start. That would have been fun!

Comment

In thinking about today's game it struck me that we fielded a very strong starting team given the weak opposition. Obviously, substitutions were made, but this was basically our starting lineup (with the exception of injured players).

Is this as a result of Schmidt playing players he trusts, or is this something to expect more from the 6 nations now that bonus points have been introduced? Good to see Ireland smashing a team but always considered Italy a good opportunity to blood some players or at least experiment with lineups.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                      Italy could benefit from a spell playing teams of their own standard. With relegation at least if hammering were to be doled out at least it would only be for one year at a time instead of 16 years straight

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Not financially. In sporting terms, relegation and promotion from the B level, probably via a head to head play off, makes sense. But can anyone make that stack up financially? A parachute payment would mean that, with funding for the team coming up, the pot for the rest is diluted.

It would be interesting to understand how Argentina have made the journey they have and see if there's anything that Italy can learn there. Or even Japan.

Right now, Italy would struggle to hold their own in the ERC.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
                        Those comments from Schmidt on Gilroy are unusually straightforwardly dickish. I get trying to keep people's feet on the ground, but couch criticism in praise, not the other way around.
                        Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                        So who has a twitter box? I've seen mention of tweets attributing commtfrom Schmidt or something along those lines. Where/how can I see the actual tweets?

“I thought it was a mixed bag for Craig,” said Schmidt. “There was a couple of defensive things, positionally, that I think he’ll learn from.
                        “He was the recipient of one of the most outstanding tactical kicks I’ve seen in a long time from CJ Stander. CJ swears that it was meant to come off the side of his foot like that so he could get the relevant spin to get it into Craig’s hands.
                        “[Craig] doesn’t need too many invitations when the ball bounces. He is quick, his ability to change direction is very, very good and he took a nice high ball at one stage. He ticked most of his boxes really well.
                        “The reason we chose him is because we were going to maybe give a few different guys chances over these first two weeks, we committed to that.
                        “We probably made less changes than we originally thought, partly because of injuries to guys like Peter O’Mahony, Johnny Sexton and Andrew Trimble, who we thought would be available by now.
                        “The great thing is that they will definitely be available for our next game and hopefully there will be a few headaches now in terms of selection.”
                        I am the million man.

Comment

anyone have a link to the game in full? was at work all day yesterday and bbc iplayer doesn't seem to have it
                          \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Now and again they should send out Farrell or Easterby to do the post game chat. Joe has run out of toe to shoot off
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by friendofthedevil View Post
                              anyone have a link to the game in full? was at work all day yesterday and bbc iplayer doesn't seem to have it
                              Go to itv hub and sign up and you ll find it in the sport section there, not sure if you have to be in the U.K. For it to work. Otherwise is it ok RTÉ player?
                              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01163514.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	2492380Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01163516.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2492381

The look on yermans face!!

Click image for larger version