Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N G2)//KO14:25// Italy V Ireland. Saturday 11th February. Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    You were right in fairness!
    Early days yet. Whether the more expansive approach will work in the next three fixtures is the real test. Especially now the French seem to have got their act together.

Comment

Troll is having a weekend off.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        Good stuff.

Comment

Meanwhile, back at the White House ...

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I am the million man.

Comment

From Twitter:
              With 2 MOTM awards for @IrishRugby that's 20 now for CJ https://t.co/fAY339whKq

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by donnersredpants View Post
                Do you really think he deserves it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Here is why he deserves international recognition - as a young player he saw he wasn't getting game time in Leinster so he backed himself and moved west where he helped Connacht out of many potential losing situations. He then wanted to push on with is own career so he moved south to compete with one of the all time great outhalves and local legend at the end of his career. He helped bring a team largely in transition to HEC semis and played well in them. He struggled to lock down his place but kept working bloody hard day in day out and doing what the squad needed. 4 years ago he went to Rome and started at 10 for Ireland in a season where we won the championship. His kicking that day is part of why the record books will show we won that year. He got little or no recognition for that with Joe pushing him aside for the later games. When things were bad at Munster for the last few years he stuck with it and battled through arseholes like yourself throwing abuse at him and claiming to be supporters. He kept his head up and kept working hard.

So with over a decade of training like a dog, playing in the ****tiest of pitches (Dave Parade, sportsground, Zebra - nevermind his time in AIL with Clontarf) and keeping his mental health up through rough patches and the death of his mentor and friend I for one was delighted to see him score the try that got us a home q in Europe and to get on the pitch today and play with his head up and a smile. He's a young man that deserves much more than scum like you. And yes your entitled to your opinion, but the flip side of that coin is that you're also entitled to be told your a scumbag for having it.

Comment

Munster players are having increasing influence on this Irish team.........got to be good for both.
                  Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

more than a weekend off, I think.

I'm only catching up on the thread now, but I think a break until the end of the 6 nations is more appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post

I'm only catching up on the thread now, but I think a break until the end of the 6 nations is more appropriate?
                      Took a few potshots at Ian in the leadup to the game too.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

I would like to put some oil on the discussion... After all, CJ and Craig Gilroy scored only three tries, i.e. 15 points... Paddy score 9 conversions, i.e. 18 points. So, Paddy for MotM!!!!!!

No, I only was teasing! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
                        The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post

No skin off my nose, fire ahead!
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 17.37.05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2492375
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                              The Soho Bar, on the Grand Parade in Cork is offering "free Guinness" if Bobert scores the first try.

You won't see me in that place. Not a word of a Lie, but I was refused entry to there one Tuesday night because I was wearing a Munster Jersey.

Comment

Facking Cummiskey again! Jamie Heaslip gets the same rating (8) as CJ. Don't get me wrong Jamie was good but CJ imperious.

Also mentioned if 2 try Earls might be under pressure from the returning Andrew Trimble?

Gowlbag
                                Con Artist

Comment

Working...
                                X