Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N G2)//KO14:25// Italy V Ireland. Saturday 11th February. Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigron View Post
    Furlong had a fine game, Best was average, Killer will hold his own against any Italian tighthead right now. So you honestly think any team picked from the league leaders, the defending Champions and two of the top six teams in the Pro 12. Cannot beat a team largely comprised of players from the bottom three sides in the league?

I think that squad would put 40pts on Italy
    They may well put 40 on them but it's about getting momentum and confidence into the team for the game against Wales and a lot of the players you have named have no chance of being involved against Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by bigron View Post
      Furlong had a fine game, Best was average, Killer will hold his own against any Italian tighthead right now. So you honestly think any team picked from the league leaders, the defending Champions and two of the top six teams in the Pro 12. Cannot beat a team largely comprised of players from the bottom three sides in the league?

I think that squad would put 40pts on Italy
      The worst thing you can do is massively rotate a team after a loss. That team would be hammered by Wales away and Possibly 2 home games. Guys need continuity. Also they beat SA and have beaten us before. We may put 40 on them but just as easy they may hurt us. You don't take anything to chance

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
        The worst thing you can do is massively rotate a team after a loss. That team would be hammered by Wales away and Possibly 2 home games. Guys need continuity. Also they beat SA and have beaten us before. We may put 40 on them but just as easy they may hurt us. You don't take anything to chance
        Eddie, is that you?
        "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
          Thanks be to God Bigron is not picking the team. Killer just flops on the ground every scrum. Won't be dropping Best. Furlong was very good today.
          Rory Best wouldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat today. Yet he got a full game

He was nobody to breathe down his neck and that[s half the problem.

Murray has no competitor either.
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            Rory Best wouldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat today. Yet he got a full game

He was nobody to breathe down his neck and that[s half the problem.

Murray has no competitor either.
            There are untouchables in every team in the world in every sport!

Comment

Won't be many changes. Ryan will be in. Probably SOB again.

Comment

Bring in Ryan, start VDF, zebo to full back but then who partners earls on the wing? TOH, Bowe, Trimble?
                It probably won't matter as I think we will tear Italy to pieces.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                  Won't be many changes. Ryan will be in. Probably SOB again.
                  Joe is very loyal to certain players and we can only plan on that basis.

Comment

I can see CJ being dropped with SOB at 6 and VDF at 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's hard to be too worked up about team selection for this considering the opposition.

Would be good for the bulk of that back line to go out again, especially Ringrose. On the flip side, it would be a good game for Joe to slip the comfort blanket of Kearney off. Give Bowe a game to see if his form is good enough to keep in, and let Zebo have a run out at 15.

VDF should start, I would suggest for Heaslip. SOB could do with the game. Stander has more form credit in the bank compared to the other two. Would start Ryan too - the pack lacks bite and both 2nd rows were poor to average today.

Would be stupid to rush back anyone that's half injured.
                      Last edited by busby; 4-February-2017, 22:52.
                      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by Isa View Post
                        There are untouchables in every team in the world in every sport!
                        Murray wasn't mighty today but he is a world class operator and does not suffer from not being pushed.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
                        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Have we had any further updates on the injuries? Schmidt said Sexton had an outside chance and POM was highly unlikely for the Italy game.
                          Last edited by Stringer9; 4-February-2017, 23:09.
                          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

No need for kneejerks but with the grand slam gone, 1st seed probably gone and championship unlikely we should look at the remainder of the tournament as an opportunity to build our squad for next season and beyond. There's no better time to move on players who won't be here for the next RWC and give valuable exposure to those that will.
                            I hope Schmidt approaches it with that mindset, I think there'd be nothing sadder than using this opportunity as a pride restoring exercise or a Lions window for fellas looking for a last hurrah to their international career.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                              No need for kneejerks but with the grand slam gone, 1st seed probably gone and championship unlikely we should look at the remainder of the tournament as an opportunity to build our squad for next season and beyond. There's no better time to move on players who won't be here for the next RWC and give valuable exposure to those that will.
                              I hope Schmidt approaches it with that mindset, I think there'd be nothing sadder than using this opportunity as a pride restoring exercise or a Lions window for fellas looking for a last hurrah to their international career.
                              So after one defeat you want to throw away any chance of winning the 2017 championship? What criteria would you use for deciding if players won't be at 2019 RWC?

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                                How is 1st seed probably gone? After round 1 we will still be fourth in the world.... That comment must be a troll comment, I know us Irish love our OTT defeatist attitude but surely that is taking it abit far?

Comment

Working...
                                X