Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6N G2)//KO14:25// Italy V Ireland. Saturday 11th February. Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am at a complete loss to how Donnacha Ryan didn't start last weekend. I'm totally baffled.
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Is the team named today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        Is the team named today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1pm IIRC
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
          I am at a complete loss to how Donnacha Ryan didn't start last weekend. I'm totally baffled.
          Didn’t you hear? He was “injured.”

Mind you Ruaidhri O'Connor seems to be sceptical here
          http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-35435870.html

The Munster lock has been in great form this season but was surprisingly left out of the Murrayfield clash. The head coach could also recall Andrew Trimble on the right wing in place of Keith Earls, while Cian Healy is set to replace Jack McGrath in the front-row.
          Although he has featured prominently for his province, Schmidt said Ryan carried a knee injury into the Six Nations and Iain Henderson started at Murrayfield.
          Ryan, who started both games against New Zealand in November, was fit enough to travel to Edinburgh as the 24th man and he is believed to be in line to replace Henderson in the only change to the Irish starting XV as the Ulster star drops to the bench in place of Ultan Dillane.
          I smell a conspiracy?!?!

Seriously though, I got the low down from a friend of mine – this is the true account of a meeting between Schmidt and Ryan this morning.

Schmidt: Donnacha, have you taken off the bandage yet?
          Donnacha: You mean the one you stuck on my leg and told me I couldn’t take off?
          Schmidt: Yeah, you can take it off now. The bruising had gone down.
          Donnacha: But I don’t think there was any bru………..
          Schmidt stares and Donnacha compliantly take off the bandage.
          Schmidt smiles: Looks like the bandage did its job, there’s no bruising there now. You’re good enough to start this weekend.
          Donnacha just nods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	donnacha-ryan-006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	2492368
          Last edited by Brenny; 9-February-2017, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenny View Post
            Didn’t you hear? He was “injured.”

Mind you Ruaidhri O'Connor seems to be sceptical here
            http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-35435870.html

I smell a conspiracy?!?!

Seriously though, I got the low down from a friend of mine – this is the true account of a meeting between Schmidt and Ryan this morning.

Schmidt: Donnacha, have you taken off the bandage yet?
            Donnacha: You mean the one you stuck on my leg and told me I couldn’t take off?
            Schmidt: Yeah, you can take it off now. The bruising had gone down.
            Donnacha: But I don’t think there was any bru………..
            Schmidt stares and Donnacha compliantly take off the bandage.
            Schmidt smiles: Looks like the bandage did its job, there’s no bruising there now. You’re good enough to start this weekend.
            Donnacha just nods.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15180[/ATTACH]
            Applying just a smidgeen of sense here.... Ryan was probably on the cusp of an injury, this sort of thing is picked up with equipment like Kitman Labs etc... If Schmidt plays him when he's at risk of injury we'd all be up in arms if he were to miss the Tolouse match because of an injury he aggravated when Schmidt forced him to play.

Comment

Originally posted by donnersredpants View Post
              Applying just a smidgeen of sense here.... Ryan was probably on the cusp of an injury, this sort of thing is picked up with equipment like Kitman Labs etc... If Schmidt plays him when he's at risk of injury we'd all be up in arms if he were to miss the Tolouse match because of an injury he aggravated when Schmidt forced him to play.
              Pity they didn't have this amazing test before POM got injured
              clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                Or the zillion times that Sexton and O'Brien were rushed back from injury when they clearly weren't ready.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                  Maybe Joe was replacing a 33 year old player who is unlikely to make the 2019 RWC and giving a 24 year old some extra experience at international level and thinking towards the future in one position like people want him to???

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    Maybe Joe was replacing a 33 year old player who is unlikely to make the 2019 RWC and giving a 24 year old some extra experience at international level and thinking towards the future in one position like people want him to???
                    I think you posted recently about the WC being a side show as the 6nations is the money maker,that's quiet a change.
                    clowns

Comment

It's not 'an amazing test' it's a piece of body scanning equipment. More useful for some injury types than others. Some players will ignore injury advice.

I'm merely saying that if DR had played last weekend, carrying an injury, aggravated it and wound up missing Munster matches we'd all be mighty angry.

Comment

I think you posted recently about the WC being a side show as the 6nations is the money maker,that's quiet a change.
                        Its not fair to pointing out inconsistencies like that.
                        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

It's not 'an amazing test' it's a piece of body scanning equipment. More useful for some injury types than others. Some players will ignore injury advice.

I'm merely saying that if DR had played last weekend, carrying an injury, aggravated it and wound up missing Munster matches we'd all be mighty angry.
                          Yourself lad and OSS seem to be 1 in fairness
                          clowns

Comment

Yourself lad and OSS seem to be 1 in fairness
                            Reported. Tired of you derailing conversations with childish accusations and refusing to get involved in any actual debate or discussion.

Comment

Reported. Tired of you derailing conversations with childish accusations and refusing to get involved in any actual debate or discussion.
                              you big meany
                              clowns

Comment

you big meany
                                Case and point. A potentially interesting discussion on the growing popularity of scientific tools in injury prevention completely derailed.

Comment

Working...
                                X