Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan 2017 Summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Japan 2017 Summer

    http://www.the42.ie/ireland-summer-t...37137-Dec2016/

    A few new caps to tried out? or maybe a few older ones rested?
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

    #2
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    http://www.the42.ie/ireland-summer-t...37137-Dec2016/

    A few new caps to tried out? or maybe a few older ones rested?
    Sure we will have a few away with the Lions. May be some new caps tried but Japanese are stronger than past so wont be too many rested.

    Comment


      #3
      Is it simultaneous to the Lions in NZ?
      Very far-sighted of IRFU to have replacements ready to roll and close to hand if so.
      Gwan Joe!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ustix View Post
        Is it simultaneous to the Lions in NZ?
        Very far-sighted of IRFU to have replacements ready to roll and close to hand if so.
        Its a June tour so yes. All tours will be simultaneous with Lions. Domestic season has to finish before Lions

        Comment


          #5
          Fantastic tour, the Japs are bloody good these days and it's an opportunity for the younger or fringe fellas to impress Joe away from home. Winning over there will be no walk in the park, gives them good insight into where and how they'll travel for the RWC too, food, loads of benefits prior to the next championship.

          Hope it'll be televised so we can see how the lads get on, massive chance for the likes of Jacko and other Munster kids.
          I am the million man.

          Comment


            #6
            The dates of the 17th and 24th of June suggest we'll be stopping off somewhere else along the way for a game that's yet to be announced. Seem to recall there was talk of a match against Canada or USA mooted for this tour too. Pro12 final is on the 27th of May which is three weeks before the first test against Japan.

            Comment


              #7
              A squad as follows would be brilliant.

              Kilcoyne, Cronin, Buckley, Ryan, Bealham, Moore
              Tracey, Scannell, Herring
              Roux, Holland, Nagle, Maloney
              Reidy, TOD, Leavy, JOD, Conan, McKeown
              McGrath, Marmian,
              Jackson, Carberry
              Marshall, Olding, Scannell, McCloskey
              Sweetnam, Adeolokun, Healy, Byrne
              TOH, Conway

              Comment


                #8
                Marty Moore should not be anywhere near the Irish team until he returns from England.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ustix View Post
                  Is it simultaneous to the Lions in NZ?
                  Very far-sighted of IRFU to have replacements ready to roll and close to hand if so.
                  Don't you worry Shane Williams will get the call first.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                    Don't you worry Shane Williams will get the call first.
                    and Tom Court for living nearby
                    and my home, my home is there.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      USA v Ireland confirmed for New Jersey June 10th

                      http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...rsey-1.2983455

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                        A squad as follows would be brilliant.

                        Kilcoyne, Cronin, Buckley, Ryan, Bealham, Moore
                        Tracey, Scannell, Herring
                        Roux, Holland, Nagle, Maloney
                        Reidy, TOD, Leavy, JOD, Conan, McKeown
                        McGrath, Marmian,
                        Jackson, Carberry
                        Marshall, Olding, Scannell, McCloskey
                        Sweetnam, Adeolokun, Healy, Byrne
                        TOH, Conway
                        Looks like a squad that could play some running rugby. Leinsters O'Loughlin would have to be in with a shout too, either at wing or centre. Jacob Stockdale could not be far off either. Either of them might be a better bet than Healy.
                        Erse end of nowhere

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The 2 tests in Japan are 17/6 at 6am Irish Time and 24/6 at 6:40am. Don't know if anyone has picked up the tv rights etc.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Just read today they are going to be playing USA in New Jersey- I'm really angry I bought both the Canterbury one they are currently wearing in the 6 Nations and also the new purple change shirt costing nearly €200 in total and now a new design for the USA match in June is coming out! What a rip off!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by kevin10 View Post
                              Just read today they are going to be playing USA in New Jersey- I'm really angry I bought both the Canterbury one they are currently wearing in the 6 Nations and also the new purple change shirt costing nearly €200 in total and now a new design for the USA match in June is coming out! What a rip off!!
                              No one is forcing you to buy New Jersey!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X