Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 6 Nations in Cardiff

Hi
    As an irish exile, I help run a rugby club in Cardiff that opened its car parks during the 2015 RWC and we had great fun with over 1000 staying on that weekend. I also wont lie that it helped secure great funding for our club.

With that in mind is there a demand for cheap accommodation in Cardiff for that weekend? We would probably limit it to campervans because of the wet weather during the Winter but we had over 100 hired vans here on that 1/4 final weekend.

Some people who stayed with us then have asked again and I would like to offer this to others if you need it. At the very least you won't be paying the money to the hotels in Cardiff.

Email me on rwc . cardiffquins @ gmail . com if you are interested.

If this breaks forum rules, admins please delete and I apologise in advance.

Paul Driscoll

This is fine Paul, I'd say you'll have plenty of interest. Actually, this could probably be made a sticky thread.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Any room for a tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=the plastic paddy;1656991]Any room for a tent?

It depends on what the weather is like between now and then. If we have a wet winter the pitches will be sodden and muddy so may not be the best for camping. You would probably be better off getting some mates together, hiring a van, splitting the costs and staying in something that wont blow over or be pitched in a muddy puddle.

Comment

What channel is Eng v Wales on other than TV 3 - commentary is wojus
          Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
            What channel is Eng v Wales on other than TV 3 - commentary is wojus
            If you've sky tune in ITV HD in other channels
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              If you've sky tune in ITV HD in other channels
              That channel is also available as free to air via cheap and cheerful satellite dish.

Comment

We had some interest in this in 2017 and with the Ireland vs Wales game on the final weekend of the tournament in Cardiff in 2019 the rugby club is going to open up the car park for camping again.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thank

Paul Driscoll

Comment

Working...
                X