Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Match viewing - just an excuse to get lashed ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match viewing - just an excuse to get lashed ?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-35262809.html

Have to say following the ABs match at the Aviva I have to agree with Sir Clive ..... the amount of drinking (to excess) was ridiculous - we were up in Row DD and at the edgemost 2 seats having to get up and down every 5 minutes as people either went to restock or empty the holding tank

Im as fond as any of a a few pints - but the behaviour of both Irish and the Kiwis near us (1 guy was practically asleep and started giving abuse any time we had a reason to cheer ; another guy disappeared at half time never to return)

At the end as we made our way down the steps I was grabbed from behind by an irish guy who said "Gotta let me through or I'll pi$$ on your leg" - so in my own diplomatic way I told him to push off - followed my a further set of verbals

Without doubt (in our section of crowd) the most drinking I have ever seen @ a match

We were sitting beside 2 great guys from Clare who were of the same opinion

Im not a killjoy and have probably been worse for wear at match days - but it was almos always Baggot St or HowlAtTheMoon :-)

Anyone else see similiar or disagree

(Aside my ticket was ~70 - if you want to get lashed - that would go a long way in a pub)
    "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Yous is a very appropriate handle for starting this thread.
    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
      Yous is a very appropriate handle for starting this thread.
      Ah yes the irony.....:-)
      "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns

Comment

I fully agree with those thoughts I like a drink as much as the next person but am flabbergasted at matches People in and out to the bar and subsequently the loo!!! Interrupting people s view and enjoyment of the game The amount of spilled drink on the steps of Aviva that day was crazy Even worse scenes in Cardiff where 6 carrier packs of pints appear! Please let me stress I am not a Pioneer!!!!

Comment

Actually even Ruby Walsh remarked the same in Examiner column about All Blacks match

Comment

I'd be more inclined to watch the game than watch others to be honest,they sell booze there in a country known for a fondness
            take the sponsorship
            what do you expect?
            clowns

Comment

It's a simple lack of etiquette. I've no problem with pints before a game and at half-time, but it's loolahs who are in and out like a fiddler's elbow that get on my case - particularly people who think it's appropriate to head in during a conversion or penalty attempt!

I've seen some people absolutely scuttered in the terraces in Thomond - it's their choice if they want to waste a ticket by getting gee-eyed, but it's when they become disruptive or abusive that there's an issue.

Comment

It's a PITA all right, and I agree with Sir Clive - just close the bars 15 mins before kick off.

I'm always amused at the number of people who go out for pints during games at the Stade De France - it's alcohol free beer!
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
                  It's a simple lack of etiquette. I've no problem with pints before a game and at half-time, but it's loolahs who are in and out like a fiddler's elbow that get on my case - particularly people who think it's appropriate to head in during a conversion or penalty attempt!

I've seen some people absolutely scuttered in the terraces in Thomond - it's their choice if they want to waste a ticket by getting gee-eyed, but it's when they become disruptive or abusive that there's an issue.
                  Hooligans the lot of um how dare they,
                  clowns

Comment

Yeah! Lets close the bars, just because a small minority can't control their drinking!

Comment

I completely agree with SP. Near me you hardly got 2 minutes undisturbed. It is as though people's main aim is to go to drink rather than to watch the sport itself.

Its not unique to rugby. Some years back I was in Berlin when Usain Bolt got a 200m world record - and even while he was running there were still people getting up.

Comment

See more than enough of this in TP, the Good Friday game was a solid disgrace with whole groups of people in huddles with half their backs to the game.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Haven't seen much of it in Thomond, I normally hang out in the West Terrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                            Haven't seen much of it in Thomond, I normally hang out in the West Terrace.
                            You sure it's the WT you're in? There's a constant stream of people on WT South constantly in and out with pints or to the bog all game.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
                            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                            Munster: Early Season
                            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal View Post
                              You sure it's the WT you're in? There's a constant stream of people on WT South constantly in and out with pints or to the bog all game.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
                              Depends on what part of the WTS you're in

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X