2017 Six Nations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Six Nations

So Autumn Internationals are finished for us and we are in a great place, however so are the Orcs.

The Six nations teams have had a great autumn it even looks like the French are getting their Mojo back. With the fixtures it looks like they will have a tough time of it. Wales are in all sorts of trouble (Seems like the Howley effect). Scotland are very decent but are still lacking IMO. Italy were flattered by their SA result and crashed back to earth by Tonga.

We have Scotland first up in Embra. I just can't see the Scots having enough to keep us at bay. We then have Italy and France at home, the french should be well beaten up by the Orcs so hoping we will have too much for them. Wales in Cardiff may be the once again the banana skin they seems to have evolved into. If we get to the final weekend without a loss we could be greeting the Orcs for the deciding match.

Looking at the odds for the Six Nations England are on 1.8 and we are 3.7.

I think we will learn a lot about this English team next week. It took a great first half and some incredible guts to overcome this Australian team but we did have the rub of the green. The Australians are still a class act and their backs can rip you apart. I don't believe that the English are as invincible as their press would have us believe. They are very dependant on a few players including Farrell, Forde and Youngs but their achilles heal is Hartley. As the Captain he needs to be the first man on the team sheet yet he is not even first choice for Northampton. The Argentinian scrum were dominant and with a better guiding hand would have won yesterday.

All I know is I can't wait, it should be a great!

Word is IRFU are considering giving Sexton an extended rest from the game....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

Well if that is true then they are showing duty of care as an employer.

Comment

He looks like a lad whose is on the verge of having to retire. Could he miss the next few months and end up going on the Lions tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You mean its written in the newspaper.Not before time,he has been hobbling all season
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Would be disappointing for Leinster, but he didn't tour last summer so its not like he's been going continuously for months and months.

The France game is 10 weeks away
            I am the million man.

Comment

Scotland Tickets go on general sale from the Scottish Union on December 7th at 2pm here:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

No excuses for not making it to a grand slam decider vs the English, imo. Then it's a toss up.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The Six Nations Council today announced the introduction of a bonus points system in the RBS 6 Nations, The Women's Six Nations and the Under 20s Six Nations Championships.

This system will be implemented on a trial basis in all three Championships in 2017 and will be reviewed post Championships.

As part of their review of the Championships, the Council took the decision to implement a bonus point system to encourage and reward try scoring and attacking play.

Competition points will be awarded in all matches on the following basis:

(i) The Union that wins the Match shall be awarded four Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process) five Match Points.

(ii) The Union that loses the Match shall be awarded no Match Points or (if it scores four tries or more in the process or loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) one Match Point or (if it scores four tries or more in the process and loses by a margin of seven points or fewer) two Match Points.

(iii) Unions that draw a Match shall each be awarded two Match Points and any of them that scores four tries or more in the process shall be awarded a further one Match Point.

(iv) A Union that wins all five of its Matches (a "Grand Slam") shall be awarded a further three Match Points.

Pat Whelan, Chairman of the Six Nations said: "We have been looking at the feasibility of a bonus point system for a while and examining what kind of bonus point system would work best, given the unique properties and format of our Championships.

"We needed to ensure that whatever bonus point system we selected would work with the already proven structure of the Championships and would serve to materially improve what is already there.

"We are happy that the system that we have decided to trial is the one best suited to our Championships and we are delighted to be going ahead with this new development.

"We believe that the initiative will enhance our competitions for fans, teams, broadcasters and all of those for whom the Championship means so much."

John Feehan, Chief Executive of Six Nations said: "The drama and excitement of the last weekend of the RBS 6 Nations Championship is unique and is, more often than not, driven by a number of teams on equal Championship points all competing for first place on the table.

"It is important for us to ensure that any bonus point system which is implemented would not, in any way, take away from this unique dynamic.

"At the same time, we are also conscious that we must reward try scoring and an attacking style of play that will deliver more tries and greater rewards for fans and players alike.

"We are very excited about the potential that this new development will bring to the Championships and we look forward to trialling it next February and March."
                  Read more at http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/news/e...ZzidWqusjLW.99
                  Read more at http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/news/e...ZzidWqusjLW.99
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Very sensible. And the extra points for the GS removes the unlikely possibility of 4 wins beating 5.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      Very sensible. And the extra points for the GS removes the unlikely possibility of 4 wins beating 5.

I'm glad someone did that brain teaser!

5 wins = 23 pts
                      4 wins with 4 lbps and 4 tbps = ?
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        I'm glad someone did that brain teaser!

5 wins = 23 pts
                        4 wins with 4 lbps and 4 tbps = ?
                        And less than a 7 point loss = 22 points.

Comment

Not sure it's fair to be honest. Teams have an advantage with 3 home games in some seasons etc and depending on how the season lines up it's far easier for some teams to get bonus points. This must be the only competition without home and away games and a finals series that could allow bonus points to decide a title.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            And less than a 7 point loss = 22 points.

Yep, on the ball TPP.

Might explain why we battered the ball into the corner all November, we need to be scoring more tries from now on!
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Is Murrayfield still a bog? Thats a contributing factor all of a sudden
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X