Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Cup 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Cup 2017

Schedule for the world championship which Georgia will be hosts of next summer has been announced.

http://www.worldrugby.org/tournament/1594/fixtures

A two-day camp was held in Galway last week and we

Ireland U20 take on a Munster A/Development side in Thomond Park on December 29 at 1pm and they'll do the same in Leinster.

Full list of Munster representatives called to Ireland U20 camps - Joey Conway, James Kendrick, Fineen Wycherley, Gavin Coombes, John Foley, Jack Stafford, Conor Fitzgerld, Alex McHenry, Calvin Nash, Alan Tynan, Colm Hogan, Liam Coombes, Peadar Collins.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/23471.php#.WCyQSk1igdU

Comment

That's a good turnout for Munster and a nice mix between backs and forwards.

The Ireland U20s should have a good team again this season.

Comment

Peter Cooper (Ulster)
        Sam Deane (Munster)
        Charlie Connolly (Leinster)
        Joey Conway (Munster)
        Greg McGrath (Leinster)
        Rory Mulvihill (Leinster)
        Tadgh McElroy (Leinster)
        Shane O'Hehir (Connacht)
        Adam Moloney (Munster)
        Jack Regan (Leinster)
        Cillian Gallagher (Connacht)
        Oisin Dowling (Leinster)
        Fineen Whycherely (Munster)
        Gavin Coombes (Munster)
        Caelan Doris (Leinster)
        Marcus Rea (Ulster)
        Sean Masterson (Connacht)
        Simon Meagher (Connacht)
        Barry Fitzpatrick (Leinster)
        Paul Boyle (Leinster)
        Ryan Feehily (Connacht)
        Jonny Stewart (Ulster)
        James Lennon (Munster)
        Jack Stafford (Munster)
        Conor Fitzgerald (Munster)
        Alan Tynan (Munster)
        Ciaran Frawley (Leinster)
        Conor Dean (Leinster)
        Luke Carty (Connacht)
        Peadar Collins (Munster)
        Rory Butler (Ulster)
        Colm DeBuitlear (Connacht)
        Jordan Larmour (Leinster)
        Jack Kelly (Leinster)
        Conor Kelly (Ulster)
        Daniel Hurley (Munster)
        Tommy O'Brien (Leinster)
        Alex McHenry (Munster)
        Calvin Nash (Munster)
        Liam Coombes (Munster)
        Rob Lyttle (Ulster)

Comment

More Munster players than other provinces?
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

An area I would be concerned about in this group is the front row.. we could come up small against the likes of England and Wales. Thin on 9s as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              More Munster players than other provinces?
              Same as Leinster. Double what Connacht and Ulster have.

Originally posted by Giggsy View Post
              An area I would be concerned about in this group is the front row.. we could come up small against the likes of England and Wales. Thin on 9s as well.
              I wouldn't worry about front rows or 9s tbh. There is a few injuries and guys missing due to that who would be definitely involved if fit in terms of front row - Murphy, Bantry/Cist Rosc prop..

And I don't think we're too thin on 9s at all. Feehily the Sligo 9 is excellent and Stewart the Ulster guy is a very good player. Cant comment on the Munster guys as not seen them play all too recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                Same as Leinster. Double what Connacht and Ulster have.

I wouldn't worry about front rows or 9s tbh. There is a few injuries and guys missing due to that who would be definitely involved if fit in terms of front row - Murphy, Bantry/Cist Rosc prop..

And I don't think we're too thin on 9s at all. Feehily the Sligo 9 is excellent and Stewart the Ulster guy is a very good player. Cant comment on the Munster guys as not seen them play all too recently.
                Yeah I hope you're right.. Murphy is a fine prop but he has hardly played in the last year with injury. I'm familiar with Feehily, not so much Stewart so looking forward to seeing him. I thought Saunders would be involved again this year.. On the whole though it's a really exciting group.

Comment

Rob Lyttle is still eligible? I figured he was 21 or 22. That kid is going to be a cracker.

Should be interesting to see how 10 goes. Carty was around the Connacht squad recently due to their injury crisis and Dean is very highly thought-of and has been fast-tracked into Blackrock's AIL team.
                  Last edited by whimpersnap; 21st-December-2016, 01:42.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                    Should be interesting to see how 10 goes. Carty was around the Connacht squad recently due to their injury crisis and Dean is very highly thought-of and has been fast-tracked into Blackrock's AIL team.
                    Bill Johnston will be first choice, isn't named because he picked up a knock at B&I cup game. Then its very competitive for the second spot. McPhillips (last year's 10) is still u20, may have picked up a knock aswell. Then you have Fitzgerald, Dean, Tynan, Carty, Frawley.

Comment

Bill Johnston will be first choice, isn't named because he picked up a knock at B&I cup game. Then its very competitive for the second spot. McPhillips (last year's 10) is still u20, may have picked up a knock aswell. Then you have Fitzgerald, Dean, Tynan, Carty, Frawley.
                      Johnson wont be first choice as he is out for 8 to 12 weeks
                      Billy O Hora who is from Limerick. Schooled there and played Munster age grade on bench for Leinster development team that played and beat the irish 20s 57-26 in Donnybrook this morning

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                        Johnson wont be first choice as he is out for 8 to 12 weeks
                        Billy O Hora who is from Limerick. Schooled there and played Munster age grade on bench for Leinster development team that played and beat the irish 20s 57-26 in Donnybrook this morning
                        I hadn't heard Johnston's injury was that severe OL, that's a shame.
                        Yeah noticed that. Recall him playing schools, was dropped from the Munster u19 squad. Is he going to uni in Dublin?

Comment

I hadn't heard Johnston's injury was that severe OL, that's a shame.
                          Yeah noticed that. Recall him playing schools, was dropped from the Munster u19 squad. Is he going to uni in Dublin?
                          Yeah he is if listed as Trinity

Comment

Thought McPhilips looked the pick of the bunch of last years U20s -thought he might start getting game time with Ulster- as seemed to have the talent and the temperament.
                            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

They play Munster in Thomond tomorrow.

Munster Development XV: Steven McMahon; Liam Coombes (Garryowen), David Johnston (Capt.), David McCarthy (Garryowen), Greg O'Shea; Conor Fitzgerald (Shannon), Jack Stafford (Shannon); Liam O'Connor, Niall Mulcahy (Shannon), Rory Burke; Fineen Wycherley, John Madigan; Bailey Fallon (Garryowen), Jack Daly (Castleisland), Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron (UCC), James French (Bandon Grammar), Rob O'Donovan (UCC), Ronan Coffey (Shannon), Evan Mintern (Cork Con), Jack Lyons (Young Munster), Alex Molloy (Waterpark), Stephen Fitzgerald.

Munster Development XV v Ireland U20 XV, Thursday 29th December 2016, Thomond Park, 1pm.
                              Admission is free with gates open (East Stand only) from 12pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X