Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Earls has shown time and again he isn't a center at International level. Fantastic winger but I would play someone who actually plays center week in week out to play there.

    Joe doesn't tend to do that though.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Has Olding ever played at 13 for Ulster? Since his return from injury I've only seen him at FB and before that at IC.

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
      Earls has shown time and again he isn't a center at International level. Fantastic winger but I would play someone who actually plays center week in week out to play there.

      Joe doesn't tend to do that though.

      Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Olding was far from impressive last week too. Boks made yards down his channel all day.

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by upandout View Post
        Dead right leave earls on the wing, bring in Healy.

        Has to be Marshall and Payne with TOH at fullback.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Of course it would be Payne but he is an injury doubt.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by upandout View Post
          Dead right leave earls on the wing, bring in Healy.

          Has to be Marshall and Payne with TOH at fullback.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Payne is an injury concern

          Comment


            #80
            Analysis: Quinn Roux's big impact and all of Ireland's second Test rucks
            http://the42.ie/2840127


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
              Analysis: Quinn Roux's big impact and all of Ireland's second Test rucks
              http://the42.ie/2840127


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Perhaps yet another example of the 42's overanalysis. There are often good reasons as to why some players arrrive at rucks ahead of others, or contribute to more rucks than others, relating to the previous phases of play, the coach's game plan etc. Most of us just go with what we see unfolding before our eyes during the course of the game and judge the players on that. Roux was nothing special at all and I hope he is not in the 23 man squad on Saturday. He is not a better all round lock than Toner/Henderson/Dillane.

              Also, I am fed up hearing how much Roux contributed to Furlong's great performance. There is no evidence at all that Furlong would have done less well with Toner/Henderson/Dillane behind him. I give full credit to Furlong himself for getting the best of his opposite number in a head to head contest. I do not see any articles blaming the SH loose head lock for the poor performance for the prop in front of him against Furlong. What's the diffreence?
              Erse end of nowhere

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                Perhaps yet another example of the 42's overanalysis. There are often good reasons as to why some players arrrive at rucks ahead of others, or contribute to more rucks than others, relating to the previous phases of play, the coach's game plan etc. Most of us just go with what we see unfolding before our eyes during the course of the game and judge the players on that. Roux was nothing special at all and I hope he is not in the 23 man squad on Saturday. He is not a better all round lock than Toner/Henderson/Dillane.

                Also, I am fed up hearing how much Roux contributed to Furlong's great performance. There is no evidence at all that Furlong would have done less well with Toner/Henderson/Dillane behind him. I give full credit to Furlong himself for getting the best of his opposite number in a head to head contest. I do not see any articles blaming the SH loose head lock for the poor performance for the prop in front of him against Furlong. What's the diffreence?
                Was it not commented on that there are reasons why different players hit more rucks - ie why the front rowers hit more than the backrowers etc. I took the main point of the analysis as that Quinn Roux had a big impact when he hit the rucks in terms of physically powering players out of the way to create quicker ball for us.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                  Was it not commented on that there are reasons why different players hit more rucks - ie why the front rowers hit more than the backrowers etc. I took the main point of the analysis as that Quinn Roux had a big impact when he hit the rucks in terms of physically powering players out of the way to create quicker ball for us.
                  At least he was doing something because he didn't carry any ball once, only made 5 tackles and dropped the only lineout ball thrown to him
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    At least he was doing something because he didn't carry any ball once, only made 5 tackles and dropped the only lineout ball thrown to him
                    But he created so much quick ball that Ireland won...


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #85
                      G&T predicting Marshall and Olding in midfield. Yordi and Stander into the backrow with Ross starting.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        But he created so much quick ball that Ireland won...


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Hitting rucks does matter in fairness.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
                          Hitting rucks does matter in fairness.
                          Not enough that you can carry for 0 metres
                          My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                            His judgement was Marshall is a better 12 then Mc Closkey . And he was right.
                            It looks like Ireland are going for an Aaron mauger type player at 12. Long overdue

                            In my view it isn't olding though . He's just not a good enough defender for that channel . Lovely player though and I think he could be accommodated elsewhere
                            Marshall/Henshaw looks like the best pairing right now but, on the evidence of the past season, McCloskey/Marshall is a close second, especially against a side as physical as the Boks.

                            We have an awful habit of deciding somebody is "the man" in a particular position and then disregarding everybody else.

                            With Ringrose, Aki and indeed Scannell coming through, we will have all sorts of potential permutations at 12 and 13 and no pairing should be nailed on. We certainly shouldn't write off a 12 with the attributes of McCloskey.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                              G&T predicting Marshall and Olding in midfield. Yordi and Stander into the backrow with Ross starting.
                              His full team seems to be: Payne/O'Halloran, Trimble, Olding, Marshall, Earls, Jackson, Murray; McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Henderson, Stander, Murphy, Heaslip.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                                G&T predicting Marshall and Olding in midfield. Yordi and Stander into the backrow with Ross starting.
                                I can understand the merit in Jordi. He will do much better covering across in defence like an open side should than other options might

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X