Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dropkick View Post
    Leinsters side that played Connacht a few weeks ago were far closer in terms of playing personnel to Connacht's players so provide a better barometer of the difference of playing styles.


    Schmidt style rugby means something to me. Ruck to ruck, risk free, kick often etc. Leinster were playing like that this season and surprise surprise, had a good defence but found it hard to score tries. Weren't they one of if not the lowest try scorers in the HEC?
    Yet that was not the style Leinster or clermont played. Like most coaches Schmidt adapts his style to the skills of the players available, the current flavour of the season rules interpretation, and opponents.

    It's lazy analysis to say Schmidt has a style of kick and ruck but sewa will probably thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

    Comment


      Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
      Yet that was not the style Leinster or clermont played. Like most coaches Schmidt adapts his style to the skills of the players available, the current flavour of the season rules interpretation, and opponents.

      It's lazy analysis to say Schmidt has a style of kick and ruck but sewa will probably thank you


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Until this tour, when he was forced to select some fringe players (and move others into their best positions, at long fecking last), Joe was selecting players to suit his chosen conservative style, not the other way round.

      We have lads capable of playing more expansive, multi-faceted rugby. Joe needs to develop that if we're going to win another 6Ns, let alone do well at the next RWC. No more falling back on the excuse that he doesn't have enough time with the players and/or doesn't have players with the adequate skills. He has both.

      Comment


        Originally posted by dropkick View Post
        Leinsters side that played Connacht a few weeks ago were far closer in terms of playing personnel to Connacht's players so provide a better barometer of the difference of playing styles.


        Schmidt style rugby means something to me. Ruck to ruck, risk free, kick often etc. Leinster were playing like that this season and surprise surprise, had a good defence but found it hard to score tries. Weren't they one of if not the lowest try scorers in the HEC?
        About middle for tries scored. The defence aspect wasn't because of Schmidt-style rugby - it was because Kurt McQuilkin was brought in to fix the dreadful passive defensive strategy MOC had introduced.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
          Until this tour, when he was forced to select some fringe players (and move others into their best positions, at long fecking last), Joe was selecting players to suit his chosen conservative style, not the other way round.

          We have lads capable of playing more expansive, multi-faceted rugby. Joe needs to develop that if we're going to win another 6Ns, let alone do well at the next RWC. No more falling back on the excuse that he doesn't have enough time with the players and/or doesn't have players with the adequate skills. He has both.
          How long did it take Pat Lam to get Connacht up to scratch playing the way they played this season? How long would it take Munster to start playing that way also?

          Comment


            Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
            How long did it take Pat Lam to get Connacht up to scratch playing the way they played this season? How long would it take Munster to start playing that way also?
            I do chuckle when this person posts. The blinkers are welded tight.
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
              Until this tour, when he was forced to select some fringe players (and move others into their best positions, at long fecking last), Joe was selecting players to suit his chosen conservative style, not the other way round.

              We have lads capable of playing more expansive, multi-faceted rugby. Joe needs to develop that if we're going to win another 6Ns, let alone do well at the next RWC. No more falling back on the excuse that he doesn't have enough time with the players and/or doesn't have players with the adequate skills. He has both.
              I agree with all of that but Joe is likely to be gone so lets hope that decision is taken quickly and we can get some positive attacking play brought in to the mix
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

              Comment


                Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                How long did it take Pat Lam to get Connacht up to scratch playing the way they played this season? How long would it take Munster to start playing that way also?
                Moving the goalposts already I see. First it was "he's tailoring the game plan to the players available to him", now it's "he's tailoring the game plan to the time available".

                The truth is Joe has been in charge for three years and has another three to the next RWC. Is six years not enough to coach a team of top quality players, many of whom (the lads from Connacht and Ulster) already play a very expansive game for their provinces, to do more than ruck, kick and chase?

                Comment

                Working...
                X