G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
    Would Connacht have beaten 2011/12 Leinster? Doubt it. Schmidt style rugby doesn't mean anything

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Spot on.

Connacht couldn't beat Grenoble in Europe in a knock out game. We are at our lowest ebb in 15 years in the professional game in terms of the calibre of players.

On the plus side, that means that our players will be playing fewer games, and those club games will have less intensity so they will be more able to focus on the national team.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb1tts Jump View Post
      Spot on.

Connacht couldn't beat Grenoble in Europe in a knock out game. We are at our lowest ebb in 15 years in the professional game in terms of the calibre of players.

On the plus side, that means that our players will be playing fewer games, and those club games will have less intensity so they will be more able to focus on the national team.
      Wins are hard to get away in France. It was a game they should have won with a bit more experience. I think they have that experience now.
      I dont go for the sky is falling in lark. We still have some great players coming through.
      Dillane, Henderson will provide power and ball carrying that we havent had enough of.
      Furlong, McGrath, Henshaw, Sexton, Murray, Pom, and Payne at 15 can all be top players in the next few years.
      When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
        Wins are hard to get away in France. It was a game they should have won with a bit more experience. I think they have that experience now.
        I dont go for the sky is falling in lark. We still have some great players coming through.
        Dillane, Henderson will provide power and ball carrying that we havent had enough of.
        Furlong, McGrath, Henshaw, Sexton, Murray, Pom, and Payne at 15 can all be top players in the next few years.
        Add Big Tom, Aki, CJ and Jaime H to that Benji and you're most of the way to a top-quality 'Irish' XV.
        Healy, Rory Best, Toner, SO'B, PJ is the bones of a decent bench.
        Then there's them young fella's whose job it is to surprise us and shake things up.
        Down with all kinds of doom and gloom....
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
          Add Big Tom, Aki, CJ and Jaime H to that Benji and you're most of the way to a top-quality 'Irish' XV.
          Healy, Rory Best, Toner, SO'B, PJ is the bones of a decent bench.
          Then there's them young fella's whose job it is to surprise us and shake things up.
          Down with all kinds of doom and gloom....
          Hooker wise I'd expect Tracey from Leinster will get a chance if he continues his improvement from last year.
          Backrow's , So many to choose from if they were all fit but the nature of the position it rarely happens that they are all fit.

Leinster's

Van Der Flier
          Ruddock
          Sob
          Heaslip
          Jordi Murphy

Connacht
          Jake Heenan when he qualifies

Ulster
          Henderson

Munster

Tod Pom and Stander
          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

I'd add leavy for Leinster and JoD for Munster

The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Leavy and Tracey need to establish themselves for Leinster first.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                Leavy and Tracey need to establish themselves for Leinster first.
                And Munster need to organise their backrow dept and stick to it. We had lads playing all over the place because we were so crippelt but I'd like to see Jacko choose one position and work on it to master it.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  And Munster need to organise their backrow dept and stick to it. We had lads playing all over the place because we were so crippelt but I'd like to see Jacko choose one position and work on it to master it.
                  Joe likes versatility

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                    Joe likes versatility
                    Good chance Joe's gonna be in the labd of the white cloud after nxt season

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
                      Good chance Joe's gonna be in the labd of the white cloud after nxt season
                      He's going to build an atomic bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        He's going to build an atomic bomb?
                        Land of the white cloud = New Zealand (duh!)

Comment

Damn. I thought we'd finally figured out our ball-carrier problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                            Would Connacht have beaten 2011/12 Leinster? Doubt it. Schmidt style rugby doesn't mean anything

Leinsters side that played Connacht a few weeks ago were far closer in terms of playing personnel to Connacht's players so provide a better barometer of the difference of playing styles.

Schmidt style rugby means something to me. Ruck to ruck, risk free, kick often etc. Leinster were playing like that this season and surprise surprise, had a good defence but found it hard to score tries. Weren't they one of if not the lowest try scorers in the HEC?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              Do you think it could be 8. Long term at ERCC and Test level do you think he would be a Top no 8. Would he be better off in another position in the row

We'll see in time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                                Outside Henderson probably nobody else. Maybe Mc grath. You have to accept with injury decimating SOB and Healy our ball carrying is severely blunted.

We don't have any David Wallace's or Stephen Ferris's in the current crew
                                In this respect, big Ultan Dillane was chronically underused on this tour. He got two stints of 10-15 minutes off the bench and that was it. Hardly enough game time to break a sweat.
                                Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Working...
                                X