No announcement yet.

G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonable possibility (hopefully) that Ireland and U20s both playing SA on Saturday afternoon.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

And a reasonable proposition is that we'll emerge victorious on both fronts.
      Stand-out day approaching in CJ's career.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        And a reasonable proposition is that we'll emerge victorious on both fronts.
        Stand-out day approaching in CJ's career.
        He actually had the stand out day last week to be fair... getting redcarded on his return to his homeland will take some beating.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Lads its fine, Fergus will be flown out. With that in mind I propose a backline of,

Murray, PJ, Fergus, Fergus, Fergus, Fergus and Payne. Fergus to take the kicks...
          Last edited by Jackie Brown; 20th-June-2016, 20:03.
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
            Payne and Toner were brilliant in game 1. Not so good in the second one. Ireland will get well beaten now that the boks have a few weeks together under new management
            That's all the confidence I need. First ever SH series win in the bag

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
              My main concern would be Paddy and Olding being targeted defensively. They're both solid tacklers but they're a bit small.

Much as I like Payne at FB, with Henshaw out and McCloskey at home (ffs) our best centre pairing may be Marshall 12, Payne 13 with TOH at 15.

Up front I wonder is it time to rest Henderson? Dillane at lock with Stander at 6 would freshen things up and add two serious carriers to the side. The Ulsterman makes a great impact sub. Ruddock did enough to retain the 7 shirt I reckon. Had a very solid game.

Front row I'd start McGrath, Best and probably Ross, holding Furlong back for impact. Think I'd put Cronin on the bench. He's not the best thrower but he's a real impact player, unlike Strauss. I worry about Killer's scrummaging. Who else have we as a sub LH?
              Bealham. He can play both sides of the scrum and I'd have him on the bench ahead of Killer. In any case, McGrath has an immense engine on him and can go close to 80 mins if needed (if he can avoid injury). He is one of the very few (maybe the only) world class players on the Ireland team. Can't think of a better all-round LH prop in any country at the moment. He is the unsung hero of this tour.
              Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                Bealham. He can play both sides of the scrum and I'd have him on the bench ahead of Killer. In any case, McGrath has an immense engine on him and can go close to 80 mins if needed (if he can avoid injury). He is one of the very few (maybe the only) world class players on the Ireland team. Can't think of a better all-round LH prop in any country at the moment. He is the unsung hero of this tour.
                Murray is as good as any scrum half on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think McGrath qualifies as unsung. Most people are well aware of his quality.
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                    And that's the way, uh-huh, he likes it!
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      Murray is as good as any scrum half on the planet.

At his best he's better than Smuth.
                      Conor has the calm assassin about him. I reckon the young Saffer Faffy will be as good as Aaron once he gains some experience outside of the space invading game down south.
                      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                        At his best he's better than Smuth.
                        Conor has the calm assassin about him. I reckon the young Saffer Faffy will be as good as Aaron once he gains some experience outside of the space invading game down south.
                        None of them offer anything like CM's defensive abilities.

Last edited by the plastic paddy; 21st-June-2016, 09:47.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          None of them offer anything like CM's defensive abilities.

Nor young Peter's neither.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Nyakane is out for Boks with an ankle injury so another prop will be drafted in
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                              That's a shame, he's not much of a player. How he wasn't penalised in that last scrum of the second test is still beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                                Happy to hear that tbh, Ireland's scrumaging has been excellent on this tour and you can clearly see that t totally derails the saffers when their scrum is beaten, they don't know how to play behind a retreating pack.

If Ireland can keep their focus, play to their considerable strengths, and play out to the finish I see no reason why we can't win this series, despite what the bookies are saying.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                                X