G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3) Boks V Ireland. 16.00 Saturday June 25th Port Elizabeth

We need to win this, Lambie won't be fit in time for them and they've a few lads needing scans after the second test

Ireland are good enough to win this series I believe but they need to be fresh and minimise the errors to do so.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 19th-June-2016, 18:58.
    I am the million man.

Henshaw out, few others with knocks
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Could the KO time be changed to Irish time, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

I'd rather see Marshall to 12 than Olding.

I would prefer to see Marshall at 13 but I can see Jared return there.

I think Marshall 12 and Payne 13 is better than Olding 12 and Marshall 13.

Joe may put Earl's into 13. I hope not myself.

Back row is another conundrum.

Comment

We've a great chance to win this series. Stander will be back, and the lads rested yesterday will be rearing to go. Hopefully McGrath, Murray, Jackson, Payne and Toner gave something left in the tank as they've been brilliant so far
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              We've a great chance to win this series. Stander will be back, and the lads rested yesterday will be rearing to go. Hopefully McGrath, Murray, Jackson, Payne and Toner gave something left in the tank as they've been brilliant so far
              Payne and Toner were brilliant in game 1. Not so good in the second one. Ireland will get well beaten now that the boks have a few weeks together under new management
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Paddy thinks we will be bayten
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

He thought the same about the 1st test too.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Henshaw aside, we'll have a stronger 23 than the second test, but it'll be interesting how much fatigue plays a part in the final game.
                    It's been a long season. Murray and Jackson must be wrecked at this point, but we've no option bu to start them, with everything still to play for.
                    Almost impossible to predict who Schmidt will pick in the centres to replace Henshaw.
                    I'd go with the following squad for the game.

McGrath, Best, Furlong, Henderson, Toner, Stander, Murphy, Heaslip, Murray, Jackson, Earls, Marshall, Olding, Trimble, Payne
                    Cronin, Bealham, Kilcoyne, Dillane, Ruddock, Marmion, Madigan, Healy

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Surely Olding and Marshall are the logical centre pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        Surely Olding and Marshall are the logical centre pairing.

Yeah, that's what I would have thought also.

Payne is one of Ireland's star players at 15 for us, so I wouldn't move him.

Both these boys with Jackson give you an all Ulster midfield which should limit disruption and ensure they play as a defensive unit with just a week's prep.

I'd pick Earls on the wing, its his best position imho, and his kick chase, pace and scoring ability could be series winning there imho.

Gilroy did ok, but his passive defence was targeted and exploited a bit by the boks in the 2nd test.

Henshaw loss aside, a Ireland are very well primed to win this test imho, provided they stay f focused and play out to the end of the series!!

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

My main concern would be Paddy and Olding being targeted defensively. They're both solid tacklers but they're a bit small.

Much as I like Payne at FB, with Henshaw out and McCloskey at home (ffs) our best centre pairing may be Marshall 12, Payne 13 with TOH at 15.

Up front I wonder is it time to rest Henderson? Dillane at lock with Stander at 6 would freshen things up and add two serious carriers to the side. The Ulsterman makes a great impact sub. Ruddock did enough to retain the 7 shirt I reckon. Had a very solid game.

Front row I'd start McGrath, Best and probably Ross, holding Furlong back for impact. Think I'd put Cronin on the bench. He's not the best thrower but he's a real impact player, unlike Strauss. I worry about Killer's scrummaging. Who else have we as a sub LH?

Comment

I wonder are we best off with keeping big ball carriers for last 25 mins to compete with their bench....

McGrath, Best, Furlong, Toner, Roux, Stander, Ruddock, Heaslip, Murray, Jackson, Earls, Marshall, Payne, Trimble, TOH - Bealham, Cronin, Ross, Dillane, Henderson, Marmian, Madigan, Olding

That front 5 more than matched SA last week so keep them together with McGrath to play 80 mins. Stander for Henderson won't weaken the backrow at all. Having Dillane/Henderson coming off the bench would be a massive improvement over Ryan/Reidy and the front row should last longer due to not playing at altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Paddy also reckons we are 240% more likely to win this test than we were to win the first test.

Comment

Working...
                              X