No announcement yet.

World Rugby Calendar/Crisis Meetings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the season will now start in October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, for example... July start gives better preparation for the Irish southern hemisphere tour...
      August.... International players on holiday, the rest of the provincial squads back for pre-season...
      then the internationals start pre-season september, back for Week before Heineken cup.... same as before-...

what am I missing...
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Mairs saying in the Telegraph that it is felt the Celtic nations will "benefit" from 4 Nigels cup games in four weeks leading into the six nations. The proposals are first two European rounds in December with four games and the QF before the six nations starts!!!?!?[emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Mairs saying in the Telegraph that it is felt the Celtic nations will "benefit" from 4 Nigels cup games in four weeks leading into the six nations. The proposals are first two European rounds in December with four games and the QF before the six nations starts!!!?!?[emoji33]

Staggering- great way of ensuring bank rolled teams win every thing, and their national sides only have to deal with battered remnants.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            Staggering- great way of ensuring bank rolled teams win every thing, and their national sides only have to deal with battered remnants.
            Which will destroy the international game fairly quickly, which is the Nigel's ambition.

Comment

RTE (and others) are reporting that World Rugby have approved a five a side version of the game to be called Rugby X
              World Rugby has given its approval for a new five-a-side version of the sport with an international tournament likely to be held in London this year, according to a report in the Times.

Comment

these guys crack me up....

The three-man scrums are uncontested and lineouts have been replaced by throws which will be taken by a substitute from the side which has possession
                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

..... except on leap years, one in four, when each team will have one player more etc
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I reckon they should go the other way and change it to 11 a side, get rid of the scrum altogether and introduce a new law that you can only touch the ball with your feet, along with the innovative introduction of a spherical ball that can be kicked along the ground more predictably. They should let the ball be passed in any direction too, it's the only way to speed the game up and ensure mass appeal.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                      I reckon they should go the other way and change it to 11 a side, get rid of the scrum altogether and introduce a new law that you can only touch the ball with your feet, along with the innovative introduction of a spherical ball that can be kicked along the ground more predictably. They should let the ball be passed in any direction too, it's the only way to speed the game up and ensure mass appeal.
                      You might have something in that.
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        RTE (and others) are reporting that World Rugby have approved a five a side version of the game to be called Rugby X
                        Always good to know what problem you,re trying to solve before creating the solution- it’s mad stuff. The Nigel’s are already thinking of scheduling things so that they can enter 3 sides from their normal 15, so they can enhance player welfare.

Comment

Wouldn’t work unless you restricted the area where a try coul be scored. Designate a place like between the posts and anything else would constitute a line out.

Comment

Hard to have a lineout beside the goals, though. Maybe, in order to avoid confusion between incidents when the ball goes out of play over the goal-line, as opposed to via the sidelines, play could be resumed using two different methods to reflect the difference between the two?

I have absolutely no idea how that would be done, though.

Never mind. Another idea - all that adding up is a bit tedious, as well as lacking in popular appeal. Let a try be worth one point and have done with it. Just dispense with the conversion altogether, to save time. I can't help feeling it's what the fans want.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                              Hard to have a lineout beside the goals, though. Maybe, in order to avoid confusion between incidents when the ball goes out of play over the goal-line, as opposed to via the sidelines, play could be resumed using two different methods to reflect the difference between the two?

I have absolutely no idea how that would be done, though.

Never mind. Another idea - all that adding up is a bit tedious, as well as lacking in popular appeal. Let a try be worth one point and have done with it. Just dispense with the conversion altogether, to save time. I can't help feeling it's what the fans want.
                              I think you’re on to something. Getting rid of the conversion would allow you to get rid of the posts, and play in the in goal area, two games at a time- use centre, field for bouncy castle, merchandising opportities, and subs warm up area, with fans watching from side on stands in the 22, and what would have been behind the goal in the old fashioned game.

Comment

Interesting article from the NZ Herald
                                https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/new...CE-NZH-DND-SPO

The Six Nations countries are discussing pooling their TV monies, something which will scupper the World League, it seems.
                                Last edited by Piquet; 14th-February-2019, 20:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X