Solutions -name your team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solutions -name your team.

I think it's been a long day, so to try and lighten the mood, what do people think would be the strongest attacking team Schmidt could field, regardless of how realistic it is that it would actually be selected, what team they play for or how many times, if any, that they've experienced Joe's "system".
    Who would you pick in the most attacking based Irish team.

Name you're team and what, if any, solutions do people have to get us out of this mess.
    Or are we simply fcked.

(Note: I've had one or five so I'm at the point where I think we can solve all life problems....give me another half an hour and we'll all be doomed for eternity and it won't matter who we pick. 🙈&#128584
    Last edited by Stringer9; 14th-February-2016, 00:41.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

I'd like a team selected on provincial form with players playing in their correct positions and players without match fitness not considered.

Comment

1 CJ Stander.
      2 CJ Stander.
      3 CJ Stander.
      4 CJ Stander.
      5 CJ Stander.
      6 CJ Stander.
      7 CJ Stander.
      8 CJ Stander.
      9 CJ Stander.
      10 CJ Stander.
      11 CJ Stander.
      12 CJ Stander.
      13 CJ Stander.
      14 CJ Stander.
      15 CJ Stander.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
        1 CJ Stander.
        2 CJ Stander.
        3 CJ Stander.
        4 CJ Stander.
        5 CJ Stander.
        6 CJ Stander.
        7 CJ Stander.
        8 CJ Stander.
        9 CJ Stander.
        10 CJ Stander.
        11 CJ Stander.
        12 CJ Stander.
        13 CJ Stander.
        14 CJ Stander.
        15 CJ Stander.
        That's not how you spell Ian Madigan.

Comment

England
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
            I think it's been a long day, so to try and lighten the mood, what do people think would be the strongest attacking team Schmidt could field, regardless of how realistic it is that it would actually be selected, what team they play for or how many times, if any, that they've experienced Joe's "system".
            Who would you pick in the most attacking based Irish team.

Name you're team and what, if any, solutions do people have to get us out of this mess.
            Or are we simply fcked.

(Note: I've had one or five so I'm at the point where I think we can solve all life problems....give me another half an hour and we'll all be doomed for eternity and it won't matter who we pick. &#128584
            Is it dependant on injuries etc?? If not

McGrath, Best, Moore, Toner, Henderson, Stander, SOB, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Zebo, McCloskey, Ringrose, Earls, Henshaw - Healy, Cronin, Furlong, POM, TOD, Marmion, Olding, Luke

Only problem is we are f*cked if 2nd row gets injured

Comment

Picking the team on form & assuming all would be fit (which they aren't right now):

1-15: McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Henderson, Stander, SOB, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Earls, McCloskey, Henshaw, Trimble, Payne. 16-23: Cronin, Healy, Moore, Ryan/McCarthy, TOD (POM out too long to judge form), L.McGrath, Jackson, Zebo.

Comment

Assuming Healy, Ross, McCarthy and O'Brien aren't fit enough to play:

1. McGrath
                2. Best
                3. Furlong
                4. Dillane
                5. Ruddock
                6. Stander
                7. O'Donnell
                8. Heaslip
                9. Murray
                10. Jackson - sit Sexton out for a rest. We need to be better prepared in case something happens him.
                11. Gilroy
                12. McCloskey
                13. Henshaw
                14. Earls
                15. Payne

16. Kilcoyne - If he's not going to give Cronin game time then better to have some impact off the bench
                17. Ah You
                18. S.Cronin
                19. AOC
                20. Van der Flier
                21. McGrath
                22. Madigan
                23. Zebo

That's four or five young fellas getting some experience in the first XV and another couple of subs. Plenty of impact off that bench as well. I'd send McCloskey, Henshaw, Payne and Zebo out knowing that Ringrose is right on their heels for a spot in that 23.

Comment

Originally posted by diarm View Post
                  Assuming Healy, Ross, McCarthy and O'Brien aren't fit enough to play:

1. McGrath
                  2. Best
                  3. Furlong
                  4. Dillane
                  5. Ruddock
                  6. Stander
                  7. O'Donnell
                  8. Heaslip
                  9. Murray
                  10. Jackson - sit Sexton out for a rest. We need to be better prepared in case something happens him.
                  11. Gilroy
                  12. McCloskey
                  13. Henshaw
                  14. Earls
                  15. Payne

16. Kilcoyne - If he's not going to give Cronin game time then better to have some impact off the bench
                  17. Ah You
                  18. S.Cronin
                  19. AOC
                  20. Van der Flier
                  21. McGrath
                  22. Madigan
                  23. Zebo

That's four or five young fellas getting some experience in the first XV and another couple of subs. Plenty of impact off that bench as well. I'd send McCloskey, Henshaw, Payne and Zebo out knowing that Ringrose is right on their heels for a spot in that 23.
                  I'd go along with that first 15 except I don't think Ruddock is viable in the 2nd row, I'd retain Toner

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    Is it dependant on injuries etc?? If not

McGrath, Best, Moore, Toner, Henderson, Stander, SOB, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Zebo, McCloskey, Ringrose, Earls, Henshaw - Healy, Cronin, Furlong, POM, TOD, Marmion, Olding, Luke

Only problem is we are f*cked if 2nd row gets injured
                    No they don't have to be fit. Take it that every player is 100% fit and not battered or tired etc.

It's what team you would like to see, so it could be completely different to everyone else.
                    They can be injured, playing abroad, uncapped, etc. Basically anyone that is Irish qualified. You could name an entire team of uncapped players if you want, imagine it's a game that had no significance at all so it doesn't matter how many experienced players on the team etc.

Like I said it doesn't have to be a realistic team in the sense that it ever has a chance of being picked. It doesn't have to be our best team, just an exciting attacking team. A bit of fun. It's not a team you'd put in to play a competitive game. Just a side that would be entertaining to watch.

So whoever you want really, just trying to dull the depression at the moment.
                    Last edited by Stringer9; 14th-February-2016, 08:35.
                    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

I firmly believe we need to focus on rebuilding the pack and the tight five in particular. We've lost a fair bit in the tight five over the last six to twelve months. We should take the view that we want to get as much exposure as possible for the following players with a view to having a decent tight five for the next Six Nations and ongoing;

LH: Cronin, McGrath, Buckley etc. Healy should be given the rest of the season off to recuperate properly.
                      TH: Furlong, Moore need to start games with Ross and white to be used as bench options only
                      H: we need to start t alternatives at some stage
                      second row: Henderson, foley, dillane, even James Ryan and madigan should get runs out next to toner

we need to cut our reliance on 30 something never wases and blood the pack. Were relatively spoilt elsewhere and if we could take some short term pain in tight five we would see benefits by next six nations

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                        No they don't have to be fit. Take it that every player is 100% fit and not battered or tired etc.

It's what team you would like to see, so it could be completely different to everyone else.
                        They can be injured, playing abroad, uncapped, etc. Basically anyone that is Irish qualified. You could name an entire team of uncapped players if you want, imagine it's a game that had no significance at all so it doesn't matter how many experienced players on the team etc.

Like I said it doesn't have to be a realistic team in the sense that it ever has a chance of being picked. It doesn't have to be our best team, just an exciting attacking team. A bit of fun. It's not a team you'd put in to play a competitive game. Just a side that would be entertaining to watch.

So whoever you want really, just trying to dull the depression at the moment.
                        McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Dillane, Stander, TOD, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Earls, McCloskey, Ringrose, Zebo, Henshaw - Cronin, Cronin, Furlong, Ruddock, JVDF, Marmion, Jackson, Olding

Comment

Great Opportunity for Squad Development

OK, it's sh*t, Ireland had a crap world cup overall, and now we're out of the 6Ns. It's time to try out the squad options imho see if they can play at this level.

So what would I do if I were Irish coach
                          1. Declare that he is now developing his squad (& so needs some leeway in results)
                          2. Continue to blood Furlong &/orWhite at Th
                          3. Ryan instead of McC at 2nd row
                          4. Marmion as sub 9
                          5. Jackson as sub 10
                          6. McCloskey & Marshall into squad
                          7. A critical eye on selecting any back 29+ or any forward 33+

Allow the team play a more attack oriented, slightly higher risk game plan with the ball kept in hand.

This type of selection &approach may will lead to a bigger loss than otherwise v England in Twickers, and may even lead to a loss v Scotland but it will bring on the squad options, evolve Ireland's gameplan and serve Ireland far better in the medium term imho.

Do I think this will happen!? nope.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

To change the personnel, Schmidt would first have to change the gameplan. Gilroy would be completely wasted in a team that runs nothing but set-plays. McCloskey fits the current gameplan to a tee, but there's already a big crash ball centre in his position. Henshaw and McCloskey together would be bosh in excelsis. Olding might be an interesting addition, but I can't see Schmidt giving up his preference for a smasher at 12. His first selectorial act as Irish coach was to drop Olding for Downey. That fairly set the tone for what was to come.

There definitely is some room to change in the tight five, but again, Schmidt would have to decide that his current policy of picking donkeys and attacking near the ruck is misguided. The lads selected are pretty good at retaining ball as long as they're well-warned of where it's going to be. I'd like to see Dillane given a go as he's the kind of athlete Irish rugby rarely produces. Furlong too. But if the gameplan is to keep it tight and controlled, there are obviously other players more familiar with Schmidt's requirements.

Comment

Give the job to Lancaster... He does trust the youth. <)
                              "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Working...
                              X