• Show
Clear All

BO’D named Player of the 6 Nations 2007

O'Driscoll Named RBS 6 Nations Player of the Championship
    12 April 2007
    12:58 pm
    12 April 2007, 12:58 pm
    By Editor
    Brian O’Driscoll has been voted the RBS 6 Nations Player of the Championship for the second consecutive year

He adds this award to his impressive haul of Trophies recently following Ireland’s successful defence of the Triple Crown.
    This year’s RBS 6 Nations was one of the most hotly contested for years, with France narrowly edging out Ireland to win the Championship, which made choosing a Player of the Championship even harder. This year the accolade was chosen by fans logging on to the official Championship website www.rbs6nations.com and selecting their dream team.

Fans were asked to choose their starting line-up from all six teams involved in the Championship after each weekend. When a player was selected for the weekend’s dream team it counted towards a final total for each player. Brian O’Driscoll was again the clear winner this year, collecting more than twice the amount of votes than his closest competitor.

Brian O’Driscoll, RBS Player of the Championship said:

“There were some outstanding players and performances in this years RBS 6 nations Championship, so I was very surprised to learn that I had been voted as player of the tournament. I am obviously honoured and delighted to have won this accolade and would like to thank those fans who voted for me.”

© www.Inpho.ie

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Great tournament well done, would have gone with D'arcy meself probably but seeing how much Ireland and leinster missed him after he got injured show'd we really do rely on him so much

Comment

Originally posted by colaiste
        Great tournament well done, would have gone with D'arcy meself probably but seeing how much Ireland and leinster missed him after he got injured show'd we really do rely on him so much

Pretty big avatar there ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway BO'D [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]What spacers made that choice ! [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

The general public it seems [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Would have been Wally, Darcy, or Parisse probably for me. BOD is a little odd[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Holy s**te[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Parisse, Wallace, but for me D'Arcy was the stand out player for me
                \'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
                Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

Originally posted by colaiste

Pretty big avatar there ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway BO'D [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]What spacers made that choice ! [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

yeah jesus sorry bout that got it sorted there now!!

yeah pretty suprising choice didnt think he had the best of tournaments as it was hampered with injuries in the tournament but just shows 80% of BOD is still miles ahead of the rest of the candiates in the competition what a privlege it is to have such a player playing for us

Comment

as usual when something like this is close - the solution: give it BOD everyone knows hes brilliant so no one will think twice[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

what a joke
                      |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|
                      | MUNSTER RUGBY| \'|\"\"\";.., ___.
                      |_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
                      \"(@ )\'(@ )\"\"\"\"*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)

Comment

Bizarre.
                        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud

Fans were asked to choose their starting line-up from all six teams involved in the Championship after each weekend.

This is ridiculous as most people are always going to put BOD in a team even if he doesnt set the world alight.

If they want the best player regardless of impact on a game or performance then fine but if they want the player who stood out the most then this is not the way to select him
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Was there no Axel Foley option?? Very odd..........

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Bookman Old Style'">Even more shocking:<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice[img]smileys/surprised.gif[/img]ffice" /><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>
                              @@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Bookman Old Style'"><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>
                              @@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Bookman Old Style'">O’Driscoll named Celebrity Spectacle Wearer of the Year…..<o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>
                              @@@@SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Bookman Old Style'"><o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]></o[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]>@@@@/SPAN>
                              Always

Comment

Working...
                              X