Eddie Jones' first England squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Jones' first England squad

Some big-name absentees: Toms Youngs and Wood, Parling, Danny Cipriani.

Squad in full:

Forwards: Josh Beaumont (Sale Sharks), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Matt Kvesic (Gloucester Rugby), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Matt Mullan (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Henry Thomas (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens)

Backs: Chris Ashton (Saracens), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Ollie Devoto (Bath Rugby), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Alex Goode (Saracens), Sam Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Marland Yarde (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

I wouldn't call any of those surprising omissions really, apart from Tom Youngs. Parling and Cippers England days are over I'd imagine.

Biggest surprise is that absolute SHOWPONY Haskell is still in squad.
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Comment

Tom Youngs dropped to make way for the new captain Sir Dylan Hartley esquire I assume
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Two scrumhalves, neither being Joe Simpson seems like a strange call.

I haven't watched Ollie Devoto much this season. Is he in as a utility back? Aren't Eastmond and Joseph Bath's first choice centres?

Itoje and Clifford are great calls to get them into the set up young.

Disgusted and bemused respectively to see Ashton and Yarde selected.

Comment

Ya, Cant understand how Haskell is still in the squad. He shouldnt get much action with narky no 7 Matt Kvesic a fine player.
          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Joe Simpson is a super player, hard to understand that one

Comment

Turns out Eddie was only allowed (as per regs) to make 10 changes from last squad chosen. I'd imagine he may have made a few more changes but for that.
              \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
              Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
                Turns out Eddie was only allowed (as per regs) to make 10 changes from last squad chosen. I'd imagine he may have made a few more changes but for that.
                Is that true? Where does it come from?

Comment

Originally posted by ehhweasel View Post
                  Is that true? Where does it come from?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...nham-selection

Comment

lmgtfy
                    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
                    I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
                    A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
                    No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

It's what the fans want.
                      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Is Hartley officially the Captain?

Comment

Doesn't seem to have been announced

Comment

Including enforced changes (injuries) as well? And we thought we were hamstrung
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                              Is Hartley officially the Captain?
                              They'll probably need a second half captain too so.
                              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X