No announcement yet.

6 Nations 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even 2/3 wildcards could be the catalyst to remind the settled that ALL jerseys are up for grabs

The injury list makes it easier to overlook wild cards though I fear
    I am the million man.

Comment

Bad news for Glawster and England: Jonny May is gone for the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...-a6801391.html
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
        Bad news for Glawster and England: Jonny May is gone for the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...-a6801391.html

Poor old Johnny May
        Sounded sad upon the radio
        moved a million hearts in'holm
        Out wavys new sing along, who would blame him
        Poor glawster oh glawster*
        So glawster(so glawster. In crap now more than ever
        Toora loora torra loo rye aye

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
          Poor old Johnny May
          Sounded sad upon the radio
          moved a million hearts in'holm
          Out wavys new sing along, who would blame him
          Poor glawster oh glawster*
          So glawster(so glawster. In crap now more than ever
          Toora loora torra loo rye aye
          Someone was at the cooking sherry tonight!

Quality lyrics, but be careful - Kevin Rowland always sues!
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
            I think they could very well be correct with their prediction of Joe's loose forwards . . .but I cannot see Joe picking Simon Zebo ahead of Rob for the 6N.

I agree fully with their point about Earls as a finisher - but I'm not so sure he would be picked by Joe ahead of others.
            What compelling reason has he to pick Zebo though? Rob may offer nothing at 15 but Zebo doesn't either. It's a goose step and contact please from both of them. If Joe was being brave he'd put Henshaw at 15 with Mc Closkey and Ringrose in the centres
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
              What compelling reason has he to pick Zebo though? Rob may offer nothing at 15 but Zebo doesn't either. It's a goose step and contact please from both of them. If Joe was being brave he'd put Henshaw at 15 with Mc Closkey and Ringrose in the centres
              Zebo is for my money a better kicker.....but the difference is not such as I would make a fuss about it. You could argue the merits of one as a better tackler over the other.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                Ringrose?
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                  Ringrose?
                  affirmative or negative question?
                  Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                    Ringrose?
                    The lad who can't get his game for Leinster, outlaw is trusting youth again. He will never forget if it doesn't work out though
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                      The lad who can't get his game for Leinster, outlaw is trusting youth again. He will never forget if it doesn't work out though
                      Played in our largest win in Thomond Park* setting up a beeeeeeeautiful try for Isa, turned the poor defence inside out, and was placed under no pressure by the Munster attack.

I think that the term is rotation.

* 17 points winning margin in Thomond Park is, I believe, our largest win down there in the professional era, as always open to correction
                      Last edited by Oldschoolsocks; 7-January-2016, 22:21.
                      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Would the current Munster team be similar to 6N standard.

He may be 'that' good, let's see him dominate a few games 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
                          Would the current Munster team be similar to 6N standard.

He may be 'that' good, let's see him dominate a few games 1st.
                          Different argument Bazzy, just knocking aside the ridiculous notion that he doesn't get his game for Leinster, I think I'd actually agree with you, I'd rather he not be thrown in deep end yet tbh.

there are reasons that Joe should think long and hard before putting him in, but not that nonsense spouted about not getting his game with Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                            Sure lets go with Denis Hurley or Payne instead . That should improve matters
                            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

McGrath, Best, Moore
                              Toner, McCarthy/Ryan
                              SOB, TOD, Heaslip
                              Murray, Sexton
                              Earls, McCloskey, Henshaw, Trimble
                              Kearney

Buckley/Cronin, Cronin, Furlong, Ruddock, Stander, Marmian, Jackson, Luke

Ryan a better player than McCarthy but McCarthy is in better form - performance over next 4 weeks could decide.
                              Ruddock on bench to cover 2nd row to give more mobile option
                              Luke on bench as most versatile back we have and want to see how Ireland do with a far bigger set of backs

Comment

Should win the home games (Wales, Scotland, Italy).
                                I'd expect us to beat France away.

Bascially all comes down to how we go at Twickenham.

Anything less than four wins would be disappointing.

As Sewa and many others point out, apparently this is a jokeshop of a hemisphere, so anything less than comfortably winning a Grand Slam would be terrible. Apparently Argentina and South Africa would walk the Six Nations

Comment

Working...
                                X