6 Nations 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benji View Post
    I have and with an open mind and understanding of the resources available to us. But sure Mystic Meg I'm sure you can predict the next 5-6 games anyway.
    Pure management speak, ignore the results if it suits you
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
      Have a look at Irelands last nine or ten results and then come back to us
      In the last 10 games, we've beaten 4 of the 5 other 6 Nations sides

Take it back to 12 and we've beaten them all!! Slam time!!
      "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Jebus, The negative outlook at Munster has already spread to the Irish. Were doomed I tell ya Doomed.
        Not really but it makes it more exciting
        Its not related to Munster at all for me.

I just expect England to be much better and I, ,unlike many others, think there is a distinct possibility that Noves will do much better with that French side.

If Wales have a fit side I also think we could be in trouble there.

Comment

Beat Wales 21 - 35
          Scraped past Scotland 28 - 22
          Lost to Wales 16 - 10
          Lost to England 21 - 13
          Beat Canada 50 - 7
          Beat Romania 44-10
          Scraped past Italy 16 - 9
          Beat France 24 - 9
          Hammered by Argies 43 - 20

Wales and France are the only two games where you could be happy with the performance and result.
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Same players, Ya spoofer
            Bod and Poc probably two of Irelands greatest ever players.
            No Pom No Sexton, No Sob

Ya the same players.
            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Would 12 of 23 involved in both games qualify as many Benji? 9 of the same players Started against NZ and Argentina

Ireland V Argentina: R Kearney; T Bowe, K Earls, R Henshaw, D Kearney; I Madigan, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross; D Toner, I Henderson; J Murphy, C Henry, J Heaslip.
              R Strauss, J McGrath, N White, D Ryan, R Ruddock, E Reddan, P Jackson, L Fitzgerald.

Ireland V NZ:
              Rob Kearney
              Tommy Bowe

Brian O'Driscoll
              Gordon D'Arcy
              David Kearney
              Jonathan Sexton
              Conor Murray
              Jamie Heaslip
              Sean O'Brien
              Peter O'Mahony
              Paul O'Connell (c)
              Devin Toner
              Mike Ross
              Rory Best
              Cian Healy

16 Sean Cronin
              17 Jack McGrath
              18 Declan Fitzpatrick
              19 Mike McCarthy
              20 Kevin McLaughlin
              21 Isaac Boss
              22 Ian Madigan
              23 Luke Fitzgerald

EDIT its 12 of the 23 because I overlooked Madigan
              Last edited by Cowboy; 7-January-2016, 11:58.
              I am the million man.

Comment

You cant lose the quality of players we did and expect the same performances.
                When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Don't forget Madigan. For the French game, it was practically the same team as played NZ in 2013.

Comment

Funnily enough its a coaches job to do just that, thats why he gets the big bucks
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

You've covered the loss to Argentina so, but would you not agree that Ireland are not playing half the rugby they were? Games like the one against Argentina, the beating of Oz in Nov 2014, hockeying Scotland in Murrayfield last year only show that if the reins were left out a bit we might actually do a bit better?

The tunnel is narrowing for about the last 12 months, less attack, less mixing and matching, less reliance on players outside his 23.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Not overly happy with the style of play. Of course I'd like a far more expansive plan. Going to the World Cup par Trimble we had all our players there. The French game was a great performance but the wheels came off against Argentina.
                        We need to blood new players and with so many injuries this will happen.

Im positive that some of the younger players could make the step up now. Marmion McCloskey Moore, Furlong, Stander,

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          You've covered the loss to Argentina so, but would you not agree that Ireland are not playing half the rugby they were? Games like the one against Argentina, the beating of Oz in Nov 2014, hockeying Scotland in Murrayfield last year only show that if the reins were left out a bit we might actually do a bit better?

The tunnel is narrowing for about the last 12 months, less attack, less mixing and matching, less reliance on players outside his 23.
                          You'd hope that was an attempt to peak at World Cup time, or target the World Cup or whatever!!

If it was, it didn't really work but there would have been little point trying players/strategy that weren't going to see the World Cup

I agree with you re the style of play and whatnot, just not necessarily that we're on a continuous downward spiral
                          "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

I think there is more than many a viewpoint that if you're not happy with the irish gameplan you want Schmidt out the door, that's not the case with me. What I do want to see though is a widening of the net in terms of players (something he is poor on), a bit more trust placed in our attacking capabilities and a bit more picking of the 23 on form.

We've 2 titles on the trot, we did what we always do at the RWC and disintegrated, we need to learn from the experiences and benefit from them.

Benji I would be thrilled to see Moore-Furlong-Stander-Marmy and McCloskey involved over the 6N campaign, but its up to Joe to back them and its up to them to perform. There's the Keatley effect, I dont want to see these lads given a game then not trusted ever again.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

I don't go with the Keatley effect stuff. You can't blame Joe for Keatleys form. The international recognition and cap is what most players thrive for. An international cap and a win should lift up his game rather than quality drop off after being dropped.
                              Ask any player in Connacht that haven't been capped would they rather one cap over none and they would take the first and then look for the second.
                              Id say with injuries Joe will have to make changes.
                              Ross will struggle with getting back from his injury.
                              Bowe, Henderson, Poc, Pom have to be replaced and that's before you look at form .

Comment

I don't go with the Keatley effect stuff. You can't blame Joe for Keatleys form. The international recognition and cap is what most players thrive for. An international cap and a win should lift up his game rather than quality drop off after being dropped.
                                Ask any player in Connacht that haven't been capped would they rather one cap over none and they would take the first and then look for the second.
                                Id say with injuries Joe will have to make changes.
                                Ross will struggle with getting back from his injury.
                                Bowe, Henderson, Poc, Pom have to be replaced and that's before you look at form .
                                Keatley played well, then ditched like a snot. But thats bygones at this stage.
                                Maybe Joe should be looking to try changes prior to injuries? Maybe his squad might deepen if he used it outside of injury led changes.
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X