6 Nations 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    You'd find a reason not to celebrate a win over the All Blacks too.
    Meaningless friendly ©Langer Larkin
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
      They would be in transition or had the flu or food poisoning or the ref made a mistake etc etc.
      Or, worse still, they'd been putting off their transition and were relying on has-beens like Reed and Savea.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
        Meaningless friendly ©Langer Larkin
        You omitted the word "moneyspinning" - why else would we participate in the farce in Soldier Field?
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          You'd find a reason not to celebrate a win over the All Blacks too.
          No I just don't do the agincourt stuff beating crap teams like Italy and Scotland and pretending at the end of it that it's a serious competition when the SH murder the NH in nearly every WC. How many teams in the 6 Nations are genuinely good teams?
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

The ABs have never won a 6N. They're on a par with Italy.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
              The ABs have never won a 6N. They're on a par with Italy.
              And Scotland

Comment

Why build for 2019? Why not 2023? We're never going to win 2019, however if we blood all players 22 or under we can be red hot for 2023 when we host it.

I also think we need to forfeit the Six Nations as it means nothing. Really we should only try against the All Blacks. And the Wallabies. But not the Wallabies from 2003 to early 2015. And Argentina. But not Argentina from pre mid-2015. They were ****. Now they are world beaters after a couple of good games. And don't get me started on South Africa. They were the worst team ever in September 2015 when they lost to Japan...then sublime when they ran the All Blacks close three weeks later. Then **** again.

Comment

I don't think Ireland's victories in the last two six nations precipitated the performance at the RWC.

Comment

He has his reasons for doing it, self promotion and an obvious Blue bias being the main reasons, but Shane Horgan can be very frustrating as a pundit.

Asked last night on Second Captains whether CJ is putting pressure on Heaslip for the #8 position, Horgan basically said "no" because Heaslip has "much more subtlety" to his game than CJ. No praise or mention of CJ's astonishing and consistent performances.

By any form metric averaged over the last 2 seasons, CJ is a mile ahead of Heaslip, subtlety or no subtlety. Would be a travesty if he doesn't start at least one Six Nations match at 8

Comment

Poor Scotland getting a lot of abuse from Outlaw despite the fact that they came closest out of any 6 Nations side to beating one of the "A league" teams at the RWC.

It'll be extremely interesting to see how they get on this year. They have quality throughout most of the team and they looked well-coached at the RWC, so if that carries through to the 6 Nations I'd fancy them to win their home games. Between their improvement and the probability that France will improve on recent form, it should be a very tight championship. Really looking forward to it now.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
                        Poor Scotland getting a lot of abuse from Outlaw despite the fact that they came closest out of any 6 Nations side to beating one of the "A league" teams at the RWC.

It'll be extremely interesting to see how they get on this year. They have quality throughout most of the team and they looked well-coached at the RWC, so if that carries through to the 6 Nations I'd fancy them to win their home games. Between their improvement and the probability that France will improve on recent form, it should be a very tight championship. Really looking forward to it now.
                        Indeed, they were very unlucky not to beat Oz. On balance it probably evens out but that one mistake was a howler.
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

If Ashton gets a "gouging ban. ..he won't be available for 6 nations
                          Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
                            He has his reasons for doing it, self promotion and an obvious Blue bias being the main reasons, but Shane Horgan can be very frustrating as a pundit.

Asked last night on Second Captains whether CJ is putting pressure on Heaslip for the #8 position, Horgan basically said "no" because Heaslip has "much more subtlety" to his game than CJ. No praise or mention of CJ's astonishing and consistent performances.

By any form metric averaged over the last 2 seasons, CJ is a mile ahead of Heaslip, subtlety or no subtlety. Would be a travesty if he doesn't start at least one Six Nations match at 8
                            So the main requirement for an international no.8 of 115kg+ is that he is subtle?

Both he and that show have zero credentials when it comes to rugby punditry so pinch of salt.

Petulant comes to mind

Comment

If Heaslip got half as much expert advice on the training ground as he does on this forum he'd be one of the best of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
                                So the main requirement for an international no.8 of 115kg+ is that he is subtle?

Both he and that show have zero credentials when it comes to rugby punditry so pinch of salt.

Petulant comes to mind
                                I'd suggest that Horgan (absolutely biased towards his former teammate) is getting at the fact that Heaslip has had to cover for O'Brien not actually being a 7 for the last 5 years and has not really been playing as a number 8. If you play O'Brien at 7 you kind of need somebody to cover for him on the ground. With POM out I think it's important that O'Brien gets moved across with Henry or TOD starting instead of Ruddock coming in at 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X