Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland skills and scrum coach to aid with provincial training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ireland skills and scrum coach to aid with provincial training

    Heya folks,

    Just as a thing that might be good news for some folks, one of the new bits nucifora is bringing in is that the national coaches are going to be spending more time overseeing and developing skills at provincial level. I spoke to murray kinsella over the social medias abouit skills development since a lot of schmidts options in game play are based one what the players are able to do consistently. He said that Feek and Richie Murphy will start to play more of a role in the provinces so each will get some time in scrum coaching from feek which'll add an extra dimension and iron out some flaws in specific players and then richie murphy will have a look at the likes of passing and kicking which'll be great for someone like paddy jackson's goal kicking percentages.

    Go Schmireland!
    The system is dead! Long live the process!

    #2
    Go Schmist yourself
    I am the million man.

    Comment


      #3
      As my American boss at the time once said to me " If you cant improve it, leave it alone".
      Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Go Schmist yourself
        Go feek yourself!
        The system is dead! Long live the process!

        Comment


          #5
          Well, Feek can't do any harm but, in fairness, our scrum has come on a lot recently. John Ryan has done very well since he moved back to TH and as a unit, regardless of which players have been in the pack, it's been a match for most opponents.

          Would wonder what Richie Murphy is going to do. Teach the lads to chase kicks?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
            Well, Feek can't do any harm but, in fairness, our scrum has come on a lot recently. John Ryan has done very well since he moved back to TH and as a unit, regardless of which players have been in the pack, it's been a match for most opponents.

            Would wonder what Richie Murphy is going to do. Teach the lads to chase kicks?
            No they'll play subliminal messages through alleged Video analysis sessions and brainwash more lads than they can get to just an Ireland camp. .
            'You must never offload, you must never offload . . . . . . . . . . .'
            Last edited by Corcíoch; 5th-January-2016, 10:36.

            Comment


              #7
              Yvan eht nioj
              I am the million man.

              Comment


                #8
                Party on, LT

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                  Would wonder what Richie Murphy is going to do. Teach the lads to chase kicks?
                  During the RWC we cut the French midfield open with an intricate backs move, only for a highly skilled Munster player to fluff his lines and knock on under no pressure with the try line in his sights. Given how chronic our skills have been in recent weeks, I'm not sure we're in any position to suggest that our players have nothing to learn from a comparatively wildly successful Ireland set-up.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by thoughtless View Post
                    During the RWC we cut the French midfield open with an intricate backs move, only for a highly skilled Munster player to fluff his lines and knock on under no pressure with the try line in his sights. Given how chronic our skills have been in recent weeks, I'm not sure we're in any position to suggest that our players have nothing to learn from a comparatively wildly successful Ireland set-up.
                    That player "fluffed his lines" after a couple of months of training and playing in said "wildly successful Ireland set-up" so what's to say a few hours here and there with Murphy will make difference now?

                    I don't deny that our players could use a bit more skills improvement, I just haven't seen anything from the way Ireland play to suggest that a coach from the Ireland set up is the man to deliver it.

                    Now if Lam, or whoever is Connacht skills coach, was coming down to help out, I'd be delighted.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Dave Ellis is the skills coach at Connacht. Has an impressive CV.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Irish Rugby.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	2486763

                        I underestimated this coaching set up. Their ability to blame everyone but themselves is unprecedented. If our players could pass the ball the way they pass the buck we'd be laughing
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by sewa View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13072[/ATTACH]

                          I underestimated this coaching set up. Their ability to blame everyone but themselves is unprecedented. If our players could pass the ball the way they pass the buck we'd be laughing
                          Which coaching set up?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                            Which coaching set up?
                            Its in the Irish & International rugby forum and the title specifies the Irish coaches, there is some hints there if you look hard
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by sewa View Post
                              Its in the Irish & International rugby forum and the title specifies the Irish coaches, there is some hints there if you look hard
                              You just would not know these days.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X