Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Cup 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ireland u20 6 Nations and World Cup 2016

    An Irish squad played a Leinster development side in Donnybrook today and play a Munster side next week in Cork
    Pictures of that game are below
    http://inpho.ie/assignment/Ireland-U...1Un3KqOxK_Q..a

    2016 u20 6nations fixtures
    5/2/16 Ireland v Wales Donnybrook
    12/2/16 France v Ireland Narbonne
    26/2/16 England v Ireland Newcastle
    11/3/16 Ireland v Italy Donnybrook
    18/3/16 Ireland v Scotland Donnybrook

    The 2016 Junior World Cup takes place in England with games to be played in Sale Sharks AJ Bell Stadium and the Manchester City academy stadium and the groups are below(based upon seedings from the 2015 competition)
    Pool 1: Ireland, NZ, Wales, Georgia.
    Pool 2: England, Australia, Scotland, Italy
    Pool 3: South Africa, France, Argentina, Japan

    From last summers world cup squad there is Jacob Stockdale (wing), Sam Arnold (centre), Conan O Donnell (Prop) and Andrew Porter (Prop), who are underage for the 2016 competition.

    #2
    The link to the pics above show some players who played today.
    Terry Kennedy(St Marys school/club)
    Neil Ardee (Ardee now Clontarf)
    Matt Byrne (Terenure school/club)
    Jimmy O Brien (Newbridge now ???
    James Ryan (St Michaels now Lansdowne)
    John Poland (PBC now Cork Con)
    David Aspil (High School now St Marys)
    Shane Daly (PBC now Cork Con)
    Paul Kiernan (PBC now UCC)

    Some underage for 20s played on Leinster side

    Comment


      #3
      Stolen from IrishrugbyUA on planet rugby, here's the teams from today. 6 tries for Terry Kennedy, impressive tbf.

      LEINSTER DEVELOPMENT XV: T Foley; B Mollen, K Dixon, H Brewer, I Fitzpatrick; M Gilsenan, D Joyce; V Abdaladze, H Kean, G McGrath; T Treacy, M Melia; J O’Sullivan, C Cregan, J Guy. Replacements (all used): T McElroy, E O’Sullivan, M Mulhall, C Hand, D Lavelle, T Whittle, C Mulcahy.

      Any idea of when the match in Musgrave kicks off? I doubt I'll make it down but some Cork based fans might fancy a wander over.


      IRELAND UNDER 20:
      15. David O’Mahony(Young Munster/Munster)
      14. Matthew Byrne(Terenure/Leinster)
      13. Shane Daly(Cork Con/Munster)
      12. Paul Kiernan(UCC/Munster)
      11. Terry Kennedy(St. Marys/Leinster)
      10. Jimmy O’Brien(UCD/Leinster)
      9. John Poland(Cork Con/Munster)
      1. James Bollard(DUFC/Leinster)
      2.Shane Fenton(Young Munster/Munster)
      3. Ben Betts(Young Munster/Munster)
      4. Hugh Sloan(Queens/Ulster)
      5. James Ryan(Lansdowne/Leinster)
      6. Matthew Cosgrove(Sligo/Connacht)
      7. David Aspill(St. Marys/Leinster)
      8. Max Deegan(Lansdowne/Leinster)
      16. Adam McBurney(Ballymena/Ulster)
      17. Adam Coyle(Naas/Leinster)
      18. Sean O’Connor(Cashel/Munster)
      19. Neil Reilly(Clontarf/Leinster)
      20. Stephen Kerins(Connacht)
      21. Conor O’Brien(Clontarf/Leinster)
      22. Hugo Keenan(UCD/Leinster)

      some players unavailable:
      Andrew Porter(UCD/Leinster)
      Conan O'Donnell(Sligo/Connacht)
      Conor Kenny(Connacht)
      Peter Claffey(Galwegians/Connacht)
      Will Connors(UCD/Leinster)
      Bill Johnston(Garryowen/Munster)
      Andrew Magrath(Ballymena/Ulster)
      Sam Arnold(Ulster)
      Jacob Stockdale(Ulster)
      Rob Lyttle(Queens/Ulster)
      Jack Power(UCD/Leinster)
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

      Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        The link to the pics above show some players who played today.
        Terry Kennedy(St Marys school/club)
        Terry Kennedy of St Mary's - son of former international Terry Snr ...

        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
          Stolen from IrishrugbyUA on planet rugby, here's the teams from today. 6 tries for Terry Kennedy, impressive tbf.

          LEINSTER DEVELOPMENT XV: T Foley; B Mollen, K Dixon, H Brewer, I Fitzpatrick; M Gilsenan, D Joyce; V Abdaladze, H Kean, G McGrath; T Treacy, M Melia; J O’Sullivan, C Cregan, J Guy. Replacements (all used): T McElroy, E O’Sullivan, M Mulhall, C Hand, D Lavelle, T Whittle, C Mulcahy.

          Any idea of when the match in Musgrave kicks off? I doubt I'll make it down but some Cork based fans might fancy a wander over.

          IRELAND UNDER 20:
          15. David O’Mahony(Young Munster/Munster)
          14. Matthew Byrne(Terenure/Leinster)
          13. Shane Daly(Cork Con/Munster)
          12. Paul Kiernan(UCC/Munster)
          11. Terry Kennedy(St. Marys/Leinster)
          10. Jimmy O’Brien(UCD/Leinster)
          9. John Poland(Cork Con/Munster)
          1. James Bollard(DUFC/Leinster)
          2.Shane Fenton(Young Munster/Munster)
          3. Ben Betts(Young Munster/Munster)
          4. Hugh Sloan(Queens/Ulster)
          5. James Ryan(Lansdowne/Leinster)
          6. Matthew Cosgrove(Sligo/Connacht)
          7. David Aspill(St. Marys/Leinster)
          8. Max Deegan(Lansdowne/Leinster)
          16. Adam McBurney(Ballymena/Ulster)
          17. Adam Coyle(Naas/Leinster)
          18. Sean O’Connor(Cashel/Munster)
          19. Neil Reilly(Clontarf/Leinster)
          20. Stephen Kerins(Connacht)
          21. Conor O’Brien(Clontarf/Leinster)
          22. Hugo Keenan(UCD/Leinster)
          some players unavailable:
          Andrew Porter(UCD/Leinster)
          Conan O'Donnell(Sligo/Connacht)
          Conor Kenny(Connacht)
          Peter Claffey(Galwegians/Connacht)
          Will Connors(UCD/Leinster)
          Bill Johnston(Garryowen/Munster)
          Andrew Magrath(Ballymena/Ulster)
          Sam Arnold(Ulster)
          Jacob Stockdale(Ulster)
          Rob Lyttle(Queens/Ulster)
          Jack Power(UCD/Leinster)
          Ah IrishRugbyUA... blocked me on twitter....
          Game in Musgrave kicks off 1pm
          Kennedy as mentioned below is very quick, son of former international who was lightening quick...
          Good to see an ok enough number of players from youths involved - 6/7 with others who also will/may be involved especially O Donnell..

          Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
          Terry Kennedy of St Mary's - son of former international Terry Snr ...
          He has pace of his father anyway.... Has senior 7s team experience but wonder what his overall is like...

          Comment


            #6
            IrishRugbyUA = Bayern???

            Comment


              #7
              What day is the Munster game?
              \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Colliniho View Post
                What day is the Munster game?
                I think it's Monday 28th at 1 pm.
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

                Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                  I think it's Monday 28th at 1 pm.
                  Cheers. Should be able to get along, hangover allowing
                  \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    7 Munster players in the 22..is that a reflection of the talent we have coming through, or will the Leinster lads be used v Munster?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                      Terry Kennedy of St Mary's - son of former international Terry Snr ...

                      I can see the family resemblance. His dad was widely known in Leinster rugby circles as "the rat" - not because he was nasty, but because he was so nimble and elusive.
                      Last edited by Old Dog; 23rd-December-2015, 11:18.
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                        7 Munster players in the 22..is that a reflection of the talent we have coming through, or will the Leinster lads be used v Munster?
                        Well we did win the U20 interpros...

                        Might not be that high come 6 nations but great to see so many Munster lads in the mix
                        \"In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane\"

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                          7 Munster players in the 22..is that a reflection of the talent we have coming through, or will the Leinster lads be used v Munster?
                          We have improved and we did win the u20 interpros and some Leinster players may be used in next game

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                            7 Munster players in the 22..is that a reflection of the talent we have coming through, or will the Leinster lads be used v Munster?
                            I think a few of the Munster A team from last Sunday are still u20 (Johnson anyhow) so they would have missed out on yesterday I guess. Will be interesting to see who Munster pick for the Development team.
                            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

                            Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                              I think a few of the Munster A team from last Sunday are still u20 (Johnson anyhow) so they would have missed out on yesterday I guess. Will be interesting to see who Munster pick for the Development team.

                              Would be hopeful there would be a few more from the succesful u 20 squad return from injury and form permitting

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X