Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland v's Wales 6Nations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ireland v's Wales 6Nations

    Well after a disappointing RWC and RCC (so far) it will be interesting to see who is picked for the 6Nations - hopefully some new faces will come through...

    Would like to see a team as follows

    McGrath, Best, Moore
    Toner, Ryan
    Stander, Henry, Heaslip
    Murray, Sexton
    Luke, McCloskey, Henshaw, Trimble
    Payne

    Buckley, Sherry, Furlong, Ruddock, SOB, Marmian, Jackson, Zebo

    #2
    Hopefully? In Joe you trust
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

    Comment


      #3
      Viva the second rate competition.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
        Well after a disappointing RWC and RCC (so far) it will be interesting to see who is picked for the 6Nations - hopefully some new faces will come through...

        Would like to see a team as follows

        McGrath, Best, Moore
        Toner, Ryan
        Stander, Henry, Heaslip
        Murray, Sexton
        Luke, McCloskey, Henshaw, Trimble
        Payne

        Buckley, Sherry, Furlong, Ruddock, SOB, Marmian, Jackson, Zebo
        OK, right here, right now I do like the look of the bench for impact, Buckley, Ruddock and SOB have been serious ball carriers. I'm assuming that's T Furlong.

        I do have a couple of an issues:

        Moore at 3, he was shown up last week v Toulon in scrum, but in saying that a few weeks playing could well sort that out.

        I'm a little surprised you picked Heaslip over O'Sheasaimh at 8, is CJ as effective at 6?

        This is may be my Leinster heart talking, but I really rate Josh vdF he is putting in some serious displays this season, could he fit in there somewhere? Not sure who I'd sacrifice (in their head to head this year I feel Josh outplayed Henry, but overall I think Leinster had a better back row out that match, so I'm open to persuasion here).

        Is Ryan a TH lock, I don't think Devin has shone on the RHS of the engine room, so I'm not 100% that this second row is balanced. On top form Ryan can be outstanding, and Toner did do a number on the Toulon line out last week so it would be nice to have both on the park at the same time.

        but I have to say, after last weekends performance v Tolouse the most exciting prospect is in the centres. Marshall and McCloskey were really really good, McCloskey showed he's more than a bosh merchant and Marshall was just really good. I think there could be a big future centre partnership there, possibly Henshaw back to 15?

        Last note, I prefer Earls over Zebo on the bench, and tbh I'd almost rather Earls over Lukey at 11, don't care right now which of Zebo or Lukey on the bench in that case.
        Last edited by Oldschoolsocks; 19th-December-2015, 01:05.
        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
          Viva the second rate competition.
          You'll still be watching and commenting on the entire thing. At least try to enjoy it.

          I think given what we know re: injuries and retirements, about 1/3 to 1/2 team is up for grabs.

          McGrath Best **
          Toner **
          ** Heaslip **

          Murray Sexton
          Henshaw Payne
          Fitz R Kearney **

          Asterisks are those I think are wide open. A couple of those players will probably be injured for the 6N so realistically there's 6-8 places available.

          Comment


            #6
            Got tickets to Ireland vs Wales & Ireland vs Scotland. Looking forward to seeing who wins the competition that determines the 5th best rugby team (Clarkson voice) IN THE WUUUURLD.

            Comment


              #7
              Stander won't be anywhere near the team. Great man for the small occasion. Will win Mom's in the pro 12 but not mapped in a European game unless it's against an Italian side.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Isa View Post
                Stander won't be anywhere near the team. Great man for the small occasion. Will win Mom's in the pro 12 but not mapped in a European game unless it's against an Italian side.
                E- for effort

                Must try harder
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  E- for effort

                  Must try harder
                  Ng for effort I reckon

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                    OK, right here, right now I do like the look of the bench for impact, Buckley, Ruddock and SOB have been serious ball carriers. I'm assuming that's T Furlong.

                    I do have a couple of an issues:

                    Moore at 3, he was shown up last week v Toulon in scrum, but in saying that a few weeks playing could well sort that out.

                    I'm a little surprised you picked Heaslip over O'Sheasaimh at 8, is CJ as effective at 6?

                    This is may be my Leinster heart talking, but I really rate Josh vdF he is putting in some serious displays this season, could he fit in there somewhere? Not sure who I'd sacrifice (in their head to head this year I feel Josh outplayed Henry, but overall I think Leinster had a better back row out that match, so I'm open to persuasion here).

                    Is Ryan a TH lock, I don't think Devin has shone on the RHS of the engine room, so I'm not 100% that this second row is balanced. On top form Ryan can be outstanding, and Toner did do a number on the Toulon line out last week so it would be nice to have both on the park at the same time.

                    but I have to say, after last weekends performance v Tolouse the most exciting prospect is in the centres. Marshall and McCloskey were really really good, McCloskey showed he's more than a bosh merchant and Marshall was just really good. I think there could be a big future centre partnership there, possibly Henshaw back to 15?

                    Last note, I prefer Earls over Zebo on the bench, and tbh I'd almost rather Earls over Lukey at 11, don't care right now which of Zebo or Lukey on the bench in that case.
                    Only reason Ryan/Toner picked is there aren't many other options with POC/Henderson gone and McCarthy too old.

                    Agree on JvDF but would leave him till the summer tour (or play him against Italy)...

                    I think after Luke's performance against Arg (and his form this season) he deserves his place.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Isa View Post
                      Stander won't be anywhere near the team. Great man for the small occasion. Will win Mom's in the pro 12 but not mapped in a European game unless it's against an Italian side.
                      Stand up, if you love CJ...
                      Gwan Joe!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                        Only reason Ryan/Toner picked is there aren't many other options with POC/Henderson gone and McCarthy too old.

                        Agree on JvDF but would leave him till the summer tour (or play him against Italy)...

                        I think after Luke's performance against Arg (and his form this season) he deserves his place.
                        All the locks (including Henderson) look underwhelming without POC.

                        Luke seems to perform better from the bench. He has been rubbish when he starts. One swallow off the bench (Argentina) doesn't make a summer either.

                        I think Ireland are in for a few lean years, though it should be interesting to see what Schmidt will do to revive the team.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                          All the locks (including Henderson) look underwhelming without POC.

                          Luke seems to perform better from the bench. He has been rubbish when he starts. One swallow off the bench (Argentina) doesn't make a summer either.

                          I think Ireland are in for a few lean years, though it should be interesting to see what Schmidt will do to revive the team.
                          I don't know if it is as simple as that with Luke. I think it is more than one swallow. He did well ball in hand against a very capable Toulon side last week also.

                          He seem to be recovering his form of old.

                          We'll see today and on the 27th (if he is not gone to Irish Camp and can play the Inter Pro) but I think in fairness to the guy he is playing better and better Rugby.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Camp Joe next week? Who goes or doesn't? That is the question
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                              You'll still be watching and commenting on the entire thing. At least try to enjoy it.

                              I think given what we know re: injuries and retirements, about 1/3 to 1/2 team is up for grabs.

                              McGrath Best **
                              Toner **
                              ** Heaslip **

                              Murray Sexton
                              Henshaw Payne
                              Fitz R Kearney **

                              Asterisks are those I think are wide open. A couple of those players will probably be injured for the 6N so realistically there's 6-8 places available.


                              can we ban all celebrations when we beat Italy? At that stage we might start seeing the standards expected if we can temper the euphoria of the world's minnows-( to be fair we're heading that way). It is what it is - a loser's competition
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X