X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by Benji View Post
    Delighted for Rob kearney who made a few mistakes as last defender which were hard to watch but he didnt let it get to him and do some great things in the match also.
    Tough on Jordi who was having a good game before the injury. Josh made some serious tackles after and Heaslip and Stander were putting themselves about. Murray was at his best , Just watch the run he goes on from the scrum to make the tackle in goal area prior to Robs try. He was flying it.
    Over the moon and still trying to get tickets for the Aviva.
    I think we're all delighted for Rob Kearney that he's hit some good form at last. When he made that break for CJ's try I really could not believe it was him, haven't seen that from him for three or four years now.

Leave a comment:

• Lad
    replied
    Originally posted by Late try View Post
    I find myself wondering at how the 2001 scoreline, with Anthony Foley in the team, was 40-29, then in favour of NZ.

It it is a relatively rare scoreline in international rugby I think?
    I was there with my dad and remember thinking we were going to win. Such an exciting match. I haven't been as optimistic about any game of rugby since. The subsequent comeback from the All Blacks is probably what made me still believe we were going to lose on Saturday up to about 78 minutes!

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    I find myself wondering at how the 2001 scoreline, with Anthony Foley in the team, was 40-29, then in favour of NZ.

As the fella said, life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied

It is bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Late try
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    I like a lot of others was very critical of Kearney being selected, and while he performed very well and made a lot of us eat our words, he did add another effort to the flying-never-made-it-rolled-missed-tackle highlight reel for Scott Barrets Try.

Hopefully the confidence he gets from this will be carried into the other games and the 6 nations, because we don't have a massive amount of back 3 options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtP8imCmGZw

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    It's not really an apt comparison though. New Zealand, in particular, are engaged in trying to change the funding model of international rugby. They wouldn't have wanted to play an extra match in one of the 6N countries as they get no money from those games.
    One of the Ospreys back room team told me Australia got a load of cash for playing in Cardiff at the weekend. Think it was something like £750,000. It does look as though Ireland and Wales are edging towards siding with the SH over a change to funding. England are alright Jack, inevitably, but in reality I think the unions have to pull together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Delighted, Great result. Had some serious craic great seats in my home pub with my 9 years old and some of the family friends. I was hoping for a performance from the lads but that was something else. Fair play to all the lads for playing above themselves.
    Joe, Great to have a coach who can put a game plan together and get lads to play better together as a team.
    Delighted for Rob kearney who made a few mistakes as last defender which were hard to watch but he didnt let it get to him and do some great things in the match also.
    Tough on Jordi who was having a good game before the injury. Josh made some serious tackles after and Heaslip and Stander were putting themselves about. Murray was at his best , Just watch the run he goes on from the scrum to make the tackle in goal area prior to Robs try. He was flying it.
    Over the moon and still trying to get tickets for the Aviva.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Originally posted by King Red View Post
    The full match with NZ commentary:

First half:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAZrASX25M

Second half:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOP67Slyzjw
    Bump , Great to listen to the New Zealand side of things

Leave a comment:

• redherring
    replied
    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
    And Joe called it right with Kearney! Holy moly
    My coffee this morning did nothing to help wash down my hat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X