Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI matches 2016 - Irl v NZ Chicago

Ireland’s November 2016 schedule
    Saturday 5th: Ireland v New Zealand, Soldier Field, Chicago.
    Saturday 12th: Ireland v Tier 2 team, Aviva Stadium.
    Saturday 19th: Ireland v New Zealand, Aviva Stadium.
    Saturday 26th: Ireland v Australia, Aviva Stadium.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...year-1.2428573
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Ahhh the November Internationals.

When we shoot back up the Rankings again and get wayyy ahead of ourselves.

Comment

The Writer reckons that the closest Ireland have ever been to beating NZ was in 2013.

Obviously he forgot about 1973

Comment

Probably not too much shooting up the rankings with nz twice and Oz included. Could be time for that elusive win against nz.

Comment

The tour to SA will be a waste of time after the players have been on the go for two years without a break, but I am pleased to see Ireland playing two games against NZ and also looking to tap into the US/ Irish Disapora market.

Comment

Nobody mentioning that we'll play 4 AIs that year instead of the usual three - something the IRFU resisted the temptation to do up until now. Decided we need to raise a few more quid to compete with the French and English clubs perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
              Nobody mentioning that we'll play 4 AIs that year instead of the usual three - something the IRFU resisted the temptation to do up until now. Decided we need to raise a few more quid to compete with the French and English clubs perhaps?
              That first game is a rescheduled summer fixture. The All Blacks are the "home side" and will get lions share of the cash
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                That first game is a rescheduled summer fixture. The All Blacks are the "home side" and will get lions share of the cash
                Ireland are listed as the "home" team.

Comment

Surely they should be called the Winter Internationals seeing as Winter in Ireland starts on November 1rst?

Comment

Probably my mistake, thought I'd read the All Blacks were surrendering a home game for this
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                      Probably my mistake, thought I'd read the All Blacks were surrendering a home game for this
                      God help them, Wales have got three tests out there in June. I wonder if Chavin Henson will get the call off his sun bed?!??

Comment

Originally posted by zeno View Post
                        Surely they should be called the Winter Internationals seeing as Winter in Ireland starts on November 1rst?
                        Extwemely chilly is the windy city in winter. I think it may be appropriate to select a side for this fixture predominately made up of Connacht men, seasoned by their recent winning experiences in the far northern east.
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Of course Chicago is a thousand miles plus closer to Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                            Of course Chicago is a thousand miles plus closer to Ireland.
                            We're all here coz we're not all there.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

God I hope NZ win in Chicago! Wouldn't want the first win to be over there!!! ;-)
                              (we can desperately hope for the following match though ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X