SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

What exactly is the score with image rights regarding the Irish internationals ?

I ask because since the start of the ML, a quarter page advert has been appearing in the Blues programmes for a property consultants called Alder King. There is a picture of two rugby players in a stadium in front of the crowd with a hoarding for Alder King. One of the players is diving over the line to score a try while the other looks on.

Both players are in the Irish shirt but instead of O2, the sponsers name is...yes, Alder King. The faces of both players are a bit blurred but one is definatly recognisable as RoG. Not sure who the other is but it could be Eric Miller.

Now Alder King may have paid to use the image and if they have, well and good. But because the faces are a bit obscured and the sponsers logo has been changed, it looks decidedly dodgy. If they have paid for the image rights, I'd suggest they tart up the advert to make it look semi professional !

Or maybe they can just use the image regardless ?

Sounds dodgy alright.

I know the MB are very tight on allowing players to do anything. POC did a gig for special olympics which was recently sent to all schools along with Seán Óg, Dervla O Rourke and other sports stars. He was the only one who had to be togged out in full Munster gear with Canturbury and Toyota blazed across his chest.

I have heard that the players have been annoyed and embarrassed at some of the restrictions imposed by MB. Also I have heard that they were less than satisfied with what they got from official book/DVD considering the amount of input they had in both. This was all done by MB on their behalf

Comment

Originally posted by toomey

I have heard that the players have been annoyed and embarrassed at some of the restrictions imposed by MB. Also I have heard that they were less than satisfied with what they got from official book/DVD considering the amount of input they had in both. This was all done by MB on their behalf

Depends who you listen to.

Comment

[QUOTE=Point]

Depends who you listen to

I heard it from a former player.

Comment

Originally posted by Point

Well, frankly, tough. The players were compliant in allowing this situation to come about so it is a little rich for them to be b***hing now, if this is true. And well they should be embarrassed and annoyed, however this has been happening for a few years now.

Comment

Anyone would be embarressed to wear a Munster Jersey, those things look f**king awful. Im sure you lot cant wait for addidas

Comment

Well, frankly, tough. The players were compliant in allowing this situation to come about so it is a little rich for them to be b***hing now, if this is true. And well they should be embarrassed and annoyed, however this has been happening for a few years now.

I don`t disagree with you and it may have been happening for a few years but winning the competition has obviously made Munster an even more marketable product and when you have amatuers negotiating on your behalf it doesn`t make it easy. Also the fact that the MB is no closer to appointing a marketing manager doesn`t help and having read of their efforts on other threads here it doesn`t inspire confidence that the`ll get a top notch person

Comment

As far as I know if there are 3 or more players in the picture then the players don't get image rights.
                Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

sounds well dodge matt. scan the picture if you can and we have a gawk at it. is the irish crest visible in the ads? if the jersey is clearly identifiable as an irish rugby shirt then they will definitely be breaching some copyright laws. in the ireland 'a' program last week, any photos of players with last years ireland jersey had been edited to remove the permenant tsb sponsor from the front of them so obviously the irfu are conscious that o2 are the main current sponsors.

Comment

I'm not a lawyer but there could be lots of issues here:

- copyright which is owned by the person that took the original photo

- publicity rights which give individals protection regarding how their images are used

- trademark issues if they are using something like the IRFU logo without permission

Comment

Doing a Photoshop job on commercial photos is a legal nightmare, all the affected parties would have to agree to it, thats a lot of people in what you describe[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Comment

Would this be ok?

Edit No need to post that epaddy.

McCloud

Comment

Working...
                        X