Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Mallet turns down England job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nick Mallet turns down England job

    http://www.netwerk24.com/sport/rugby...engelse-aanbod

    Some real toxic dealings going on at RFU headquarters. Nick Mallet was approached for the job already.

    Originally posted by Nick Mallet View Post
    Mallett confirmed on Thursday at a breakfast of the Blue Bulls Rugby Union ( BBRU ) that he " received a call from England" this week.

    "I will not be considering. In 2011 I was ready for the challenge, but not now .

    " Anyway I enjoy my job ( as an analyst for SuperSport ) too much . "
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

    #2
    I'm not surprised in the least.


    There is no way Lancaster will be allowed to remain after going out in the Pool stages of a RWC where they are the host nation.

    Compare that to the success of Team GB in the Olympics when they hosted that.


    Gone.

    Comment


      #3
      I don't think you can compare Corcioch. I have no idea why so many people are surprised by England going out??? It's baffling. Out of the 3 Tier 1 nations in their group they were clearly the worst! The pickings Lancaster has are so limited. James Haskell is in the squad ffs. Compare that situation to Wales with Tipuric...
      \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
      Dalai Lama

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by John123 View Post
        I don't think you can compare Corcioch. I have no idea why so many people are surprised by England going out??? It's baffling. Out of the 3 Tier 1 nations in their group they were clearly the worst! The pickings Lancaster has are so limited. James Haskell is in the squad ffs. Compare that situation to Wales with Tipuric...
        The quality of athlete in their field - No, agreed, no comparison. Team GB had genuine world beaters, English Rugby Team are not.

        I was getting more at what is expected and has to be delivered when you are host nation and a Nation as proud as England.

        Lancaster failed to deliver on what was expected (whether that expectation was justified or not) and that is why I think he has no chance of remaining . . . .

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
          The quality of athlete in their field - No, agreed, no comparison. Team GB had genuine world beaters, English Rugby Team are not.

          I was getting more at what is expected and has to be delivered when you are host nation and a Nation as proud as England.

          Lancaster failed to deliver on what was expected (whether that expectation was justified or not) and that is why I think he has no chance of remaining . . . .
          I think Lancaster will resign just after England have clocked up 150 points against Uruguay.

          Comment


            #6
            Well that's if he has agreed his compensation package at that point. He signed a 6 year contract, I presume they have a bailout option built in for after the WC but who knows...

            I like Lancaster and think he's a good coach, but he totally bottled it when it mattered most.
            \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
            Dalai Lama

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by John123 View Post
              Well that's if he has agreed his compensation package at that point. He signed a 6 year contract, I presume they have a bailout option built in for after the WC but who knows...

              I like Lancaster and think he's a good coach, but he totally bottled it when it mattered most.

              He was cruising along doing fairly well. I thought.

              I thought he was building nicely to this Comp but I think he messed around with the team too much, granted injuries etc forced that a bit, and he took gambles that didn't pay off.

              Hindsight however shows a different picture - looking back critically - has he ever won anything? bar that silly England V Scotland trophy.

              Comment


                #8
                I felt he went completely against everything he had built when the WC came around. He tried to evolve England into playing a game they weren't capable of...by the time the Oz game came around he had completely lost his marbles. Tactically it was embarassing at times. The players looked unsure and rudderless, even Robshaw looked a shadow of himself.

                Tuilagi and Hartley were massive losses and exceptions should have been made. Yes they made mistakes but WC's only come every 4 years. I know they have come out since and said Tuilagi was injured anyway, I don't necessarily believe that.
                \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                Dalai Lama

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by John123 View Post
                  I felt he went completely against everything he had built when the WC came around. He tried to evolve England into playing a game they weren't capable of...by the time the Oz game came around he had completely lost his marbles. Tactically it was embarassing at times. The players looked unsure and rudderless, even Robshaw looked a shadow of himself.

                  Tuilagi and Hartley were massive losses and exceptions should have been made. Yes they made mistakes but WC's only come every 4 years. I know they have come out since and said Tuilagi was injured anyway, I don't necessarily believe that.
                  He had the misfortune of having Farrell Snr on board.
                  I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Lancaster's agent is a ****ing genius. The RFU are going to pay out five years on a huge contract for somebody who only occasionally gave the impression of somebody who knew what he was doing.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by John123 View Post
                      I don't think you can compare Corcioch. I have no idea why so many people are surprised by England going out??? It's baffling. Out of the 3 Tier 1 nations in their group they were clearly the worst! The pickings Lancaster has are so limited. James Haskell is in the squad ffs. Compare that situation to Wales with Tipuric...
                      I was surprised, to be honest. In the last two years, England have finished ahead of Wales in the 6N. They won in Cardiff last year and put 55 points on France in the last weekend of the 6N. They beat us the year before. They've finished level on points with us in both of the tournaments we've won.

                      I thought Lancaster was on track. He'd brought some discipline into the squad, and blooded some very good backs. England have undoubtedly played the best rugby in the 6N for the last two years for my money, but just looked a bit short of the big game performances needed to take the step forward.

                      Playing at home, with Wales under the cosh with injury, I was very surprised that they reverted to two hod carriers in the centre, ditched the running rugby they'd developed, and went out so early.

                      My suspicion remains that their World Cup was sacrificed to Chris Robshaw's captaincy. Once he was irremovable, they knew they'd be outgunned by both Oz and Wales in an open side battle and so had to give up on their running game.

                      Bad choice all round with Armitage scratching his arse in France.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                      "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                      "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Welcome back Balla.
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                          Lancaster's agent is a ****ing genius. The RFU are going to pay out five years on a huge contract for somebody who only occasionally gave the impression of somebody who knew what he was doing.
                          Apparently its a 1 year rolling contract for 6 years. So I take it that compensation will be around a 1 year salary.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                            Welcome back Balla.
                            Hello!
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                            "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                            "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Welcome back Balla.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X