• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Basically, they're just agin EVERYONE.

Except, oddly, Corkonians. It's quare, but in my experience even the staunchest get on famously with hardcore Rebels. Mostly, I think, because we consider them soft on the subject of Dublin rule...
    Corkonions are a strange breed. Look at ROG and Roy Keane.

PS - I am one and I am married to one.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddytheman View Post
    You can't force anyone to sing Ireland's Call. That would have human trghts implications. It's bad enough having to listen to the thing.
    The Telegraph is now apologising for the error of its ways - perhaps they should have listened more carefully to the words of our new anthem

https://bangordub.files.wordpress.co...ydtel-copy.jpg

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Confusion and muddle in the IT reporting on the Romania game....

Gerry Thornley said

"Typical poaching at the breakdown by Rory Best earned a penalty from which Ian Madigan opened the scoring from 43 metres. "

Gavin Comiskey said

"Had such a busy presence at the breakdown and around the rucks that we briefly mistook that green scrum cap for Rory Best. Real pressure on Sean Cronin."

Leave a comment:

• bankman
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
    and another thing....

has anyone read an explanation of how the fixtures are arranged - leaving some (weaker) teams) with a shorter preparation time - perhaps a bit of journalistic endeavour in that direction might be possible?
    You know your right, But hey....

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
    and another thing....

has anyone read an explanation of how the fixtures are arranged - leaving some (weaker) teams) with a shorter preparation time - perhaps a bit of journalistic endeavour in that direction might be possible?
    Tis monopoly to me.

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    and another thing....

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post

Except, oddly, Corkonians. It's quare, but in my experience even the staunchest get on famously with hardcore Rebels. Mostly, I think, because we consider them soft on the subject of Dublin rule...
    ...proper order.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
    I forget which book it was (maybe Axel's?) where he recalled Bestie turning to him during God Save the Queen and said "you don't mind if I sing along, do ya?" LOL

Leave a comment:

• munster by marriage
    replied
    I forget which book it was (maybe Axel's?) where he recalled Bestie turning to him during God Save the Queen and said "you don't mind if I sing along, do ya?" LOL
    As an English republican atheist, I only ever sing God Save the Queen at England v Ireland matches.
    And then only to wind my brother in law up!

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Was it just before Maurice Ignatius Keane's first cap against France in gay Paree in 1974 that he informed big William John MacBride and Cameron Mike Henderson Gibson that they had been included in his prayers to the BVM and that they needn't worry about a thing?

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by 5eight View Post
    Any link to the actual Telegraph article?
    As I understand it - the offending piece was only in the print edition.

https://bangordub.files.wordpress.co...andplayers.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Did anyone watch the tv3 documentary on it? I'd love to know the viewership on that

Leave a comment:

• stevetelcom2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
    um...Tuilagi for one.
    Ironically the Telegraph posted this story about Tuilagi as well

Leave a comment:

• Paddytheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Point View Post
    If that's the case, would you mind asking them to sing Ireland's Call ? The only reason it's being used is to be inclusive of them....the least they could do is sing the thing !
    You can't force anyone to sing Ireland's Call. That would have human trghts implications. It's bad enough having to listen to the thing.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by LastKnight View Post
    A few points. I think the author might shrink from telling Rory and Ian that they are not Irish. The Geo-political situation has little to do with it. As Ulstermen, they reserve the right to be Irish, British and and Ulster man all rolled into one complex little package of identity. :8J_revamp_by_bad_bl
    If that's the case, would you mind asking them to sing Ireland's Call ? The only reason it's being used is to be inclusive of them....the least they could do is sing the thing !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X