#thewalkaboutis****butishouldhaveknownbetter

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Look for the travel inn Frenchay.

Leave a comment:

• <BM>
    replied
    Any recommendations for hostelries in Bristol tonight / tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied
    Post game I can recommend this place http://www.penandwigcardiff.co.uk/m/

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Look slike the Supporters & Fan sparty on Saturday night has been cancelled:

Dear Guest

It is with regret and frustration that we have to announce the Irish Supporters Party on the 17th Oct at PRYZM Cardiff as cancelled. This is due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. A full refund will be made to the account the ticket was purchased through within the coming days.

Thank you for your understanding
    HG and all supporters clubs involved.

Leave a comment:

• Tipplad
    replied
    just wondering would anyone have one space in their car from cardiff to pembroke for 2:45 am ferry (Irish ferries) to Rosslare on the Monday morning?

Leave a comment:

• stringerbell
    replied
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but anyone recommend a town to stay in on Friday night near Brecon Beacons? Getting the ferry to Holyhead friday night and want to stop on route somewhere in/near the national park.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• joyfulrodger
    replied
    Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post
    The only fanzone in London that's open this weekend is the Old Deer Park one in Richmond.
    It's a fair schlep from Bermondsey.
    I haven't been, but a mate said it was great craic when he went, though it got too busy towards the end. His son turned up much later and couldn't even get in.
    That said, for most casual rugby supporters over here, the RWC is over so it shouldn't be too rammed.
    I might pop down on the Saturday to watch a game and check it out.

If you're going to watch the Ireland game in a pub you'll need an Irish one for any kind of atmosphere at 1.00 on a Sunday. Especially since Premier League Wendyball is back this weekend.

On a side note, check out the Bermondsey Beer Mile on Saturday lunch time whilst you're in that neck of the woods!
    Thanks a lot for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• munster by marriage
    replied
    Originally posted by joyfulrodger View Post
    I'm heading over to London this weekend to see some pals and am looking for some advice on the best place to watch the Ireland match. I was thinking one of the fanzones could potentially be quite fun. Any one been to one and have any thoughts? Are there any good pubs for rugby as and alternative. We're in Bermondsey but don't mind travelling about a bit.
    The only fanzone in London that's open this weekend is the Old Deer Park one in Richmond.
    It's a fair schlep from Bermondsey.
    I haven't been, but a mate said it was great craic when he went, though it got too busy towards the end. His son turned up much later and couldn't even get in.
    That said, for most casual rugby supporters over here, the RWC is over so it shouldn't be too rammed.
    I might pop down on the Saturday to watch a game and check it out.

If you're going to watch the Ireland game in a pub you'll need an Irish one for any kind of atmosphere at 1.00 on a Sunday. Especially since Premier League Wendyball is back this weekend.

On a side note, check out the Bermondsey Beer Mile on Saturday lunch time whilst you're in that neck of the woods!

Leave a comment:

• galinka
    replied
    Yes from Heathrow on Saturday morning going to both games

Leave a comment:

• neill_m
    replied
    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
    Find a Wetherspoon's. They will be open.

E.G

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...rince-of-wales
    There is another wetherspoons across the street from the stadium - the Gatekeeper.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by joyfulrodger View Post
    I'm heading over to London this weekend to see some pals and am looking for some advice on the best place to watch the Ireland match. I was thinking one of the fanzones could potentially be quite fun. Any one been to one and have any thoughts? Are there any good pubs for rugby as and alternative. We're in Bermondsey but don't mind travelling about a bit.
    Fanzone's will be really busy, so get there early.

If you decide on a pub, I can highly recommend The Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Cresent. Good grub as well.

http://www.sheephavenbaycamden.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
    Any idea what time the bars in Cardiff open for these games, 1pm is an early kickoff per the other thread.
    Any experience from the Canada game (2pm kickoff)
    Find a Wetherspoon's. They will be open.

E.G

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...rince-of-wales

Leave a comment:

• Brenny
    replied
    Won a package deal with me old club. Flight from Dublin, stay in Bristol travelodge Sat night then travel to Cardiff on Sunday (match tickets included of course) with Trevor Brennan tours. Anyone know much about this Trevor Brennan tour package? What's Bristol like on a Saturday night?

Leave a comment:

• Laurine
    replied
    Hi Irish friends :-) we are French and we have 5 tickets for the final quarter of Ireland Argentina. we wish to share these tickets against those of France match New Zealand. Tickets are category D. We'll be in Cardiff from Friday Oct 16th and we'd be happy to exchange these tickets over a beer...
    Can you help us??
    ;-) soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X