Gordon D'Arcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bundi View Post
    Man have been to about ten u10 games/blitzes this year and refs have not taken scores and where any mismatches occured sidelines often took of stronger individuals to help balance. Was not aware of any league or cups untill full pitch and contested set piece at u14.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I've had to red card a coach in an Under 8's tag game at a festival before. Some of these people are definitely keeping score :-)
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Rugbytots is up and running in Limerick now. 3-6 year olds doing basic drills including passing, tag rugby, and general obstacle course work. My 4 year old loves it so far although gets a little stroppy when tired :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

http://www.rugbytots.ie

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Dorce has a weird article in the IT today. Apparently Ireland are being referred to as "the All Blacks of Europe", and this is a back-handed compliment. He has taken a very circuitous route to say we might not have strength in depth, but that's probably ok because we need strength in numbers rather than strength in depth, and that in any case we should have more strength in depth at the next RWC than the amount of strength in depth we had at the last RWC. Also, Argentina are terrible now, except when we meet them in world cups.

PS did I mention the bit about strength in depth?
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Dorce has a weird article in the IT today. Apparently Ireland are being referred to as "the All Blacks of Europe", and this is a back-handed compliment. He has taken a very circuitous route to say we might not have strength in depth, but that's probably ok because we need strength in numbers rather than strength in depth, and that in any case we should have more strength in depth at the next RWC than the amount of strength in depth we had at the last RWC. Also, Argentina are terrible now, except when we meet them in world cups.

PS did I mention the bit about strength in depth?
            I agree with you. Except that is a normal article for him. Lots of bla bla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tis odd. Haven't read his stuff in ages tbh, it's just that I saw the link to that article beside another one I was reading. Still, I remember thinking when he first started out that he was producing some interesting & insightful pieces. That seems to be long gone.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Coetzee said Ireland were the AB's of the NH prior to the SA game, usual pre match guff, bigging us up, fact we won running away and the emergence of young Joey as the Hand of God, probably has some commentators thinking he was being truthful rather than facetious.

Meanwhile everyone in the RFU is cracking up laughing
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

England went how many games unbeaten and how many titles lately have they won?

They've three players for every single position.

They are the bigger and better setup than us tbh
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                    Coetzee said Ireland were the AB's of the NH prior to the SA game, usual pre match guff, bigging us up, fact we won running away and the emergence of young Joey as the Hand of God, probably has some commentators thinking he was being truthful rather than facetious.

Meanwhile everyone in the RFU is cracking up laughing
                    And the Hand of God came away a broken wrist, begob. As metaphors go ...
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                      And the Hand of God came away a broken wrist, begob. As metaphors go ...
                      Darce will break his wrist or go blind or get hairy palms if he keeps writing those one handed op eds
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        England went how many games unbeaten and how many titles lately have they won?

They've three players for every single position.

They are the bigger and better setup than us tbh
                        Bigger? Yes. Better set up? I don’t think so. I think our set up gets more out of our resources than they do out of theirs. They should be beating all comers.

I think we’ll beat them this coming 6Ns bar a few key injuries. That’s where them being bigger will count.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                          Bigger? Yes. Better set up? I don’t think so. I think our set up gets more out of our resources than they do out of theirs. They should be beating all comers.

I think we’ll beat them this coming 6Ns bar a few key injuries. That’s where them being bigger will count.
                          whoaaa, i don't really disagree with you about the set up MB, as I'm guessing cowboy doesn't either but he can only speak for himself of course, but predicting Ireland will beat England this 6Ns in twickenham is A VERY BIG CALL altogether. I hope you're right of course, but they are bloody hard to beat at home, especially now that they are well coached, etc. I suspect the bookies odds will give an indicator of likelihood of Ireland being able to pull that one off.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

They're going for 3 six nations in a row.

In those 10 games across the last two championships they've won 9 games, we've won 5 games

Their squad is much, much deeper than ours.

In my book they're bigger and better, no shame in that. I think they will have a major crack at the RWC in Japan and win a second one.

Edit. Just read they're 21 from 22 tests since the last RWC and under Eddie Jones. Hard to build a case we've a better setup with those kinds of results tbh
                            Last edited by Cowboy; 23rd-November-2017, 18:16.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Hmmm, hard to argue when presented with those, hard, cold facts &stats. I mean not that I was disagreeing with you, and like many Irish people, I've lived there, and loads of my friends (& relations) are English....... But jeez it's hard to give them too much credit......
                              They're still the bloody Brits :))))

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                              X