Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll call RWC Canada game

So who is going?
    Will be in Cardiff from Friday midday. [emoji14] [emoji464] [emoji481] [emoji482]
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Roll call RWC Canada game

On a stag that weekend here in Ireland. Rolling around the place highly likely. Needless to say match is worked into the 'schedule'*

*standard stag schedule, get up, start boozing.
    I am the million man.

Comment

I will be there.
      Mumha Abu

Comment

I hate you all

Comment

be there from thursday evening

Comment

flying in on the Saturday morning
            There Never Was A Horse That Couldn't Be Rode,
            There Never Was A Rider That Couldn't Be Throwed,

Comment

Any suggestions for a pub for the England fiji game on Friday?

Comment

I'll bet there :-) Going on the bus the London MRSC organised.
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                  Any suggestions for a pub for the England fiji game on Friday?
                  I'll be going to the game too. Upfront, what part of Cardiff are you staying in and what kind of pub do you want, there's obviously the places on St Mary Street such as Walkabout that aren't very nice but might have a good atmosphere. Short walk out of town towards the cricket ground there's Y Mochyn Du which is quiet nice, good food.

Westgate street has some great pubs. Queens vaults is pretty cheap for beers and has a rock bar vibe. You also have Brewdog, Zero Degrees (which is a microbrewery but does nice pizzas too), Gatekeeper is a cheapy wetherspoons and Urban tap house does a lot of Craft beers but I don't know if it has a big screen

Comment

We are camping outside Cardiff and getting bus/taxi in. Was not sure if a fanzone area was open on Friday as imagine a lot of Irish fans heading over that day

Comment

Somewhere with a good rugby atmosphere is all we really want although from a selfish point of view some tasty craft beers would be a bonus. Our only single member of the party probably wants available ladies but we are ignoring him.

Comment

Well, you probably don't want to be too far from St Mary street for your single mate then, I'm sure late night cardiff will be very entertaining for him. TBH Cardiff city centre is small so you're a short walk from most places. I'd recommend Urban Tap house, I've heard Bierkeller is nice too but it's new and haven't been in there. Brewdog is there if you like extremely hoppy beers. They're all on Westgate street or close to it. Later on hit to the Cambrian Tap (used to be Kitty Flynns). That's the Brains craft ale pub and very nice.

Comment

Sorry, Bierkeller isn't on Westgate street. it's just under the Millennium stadium literally two minutes walk away from Westgate/train station.

Comment

Cheers kerry exile great info there

Comment

Going over on Thursday. Hope to hit Cardiff Friday afternoon. Accomadation sorted with the wife's niece. She has a friend who has an apartment to let 5 minutes from the stadium. Anyone interested send me a pm.
                              Cowardice lasts longer than Pain

Comment

Working...
                              X