Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allegations of Racism in selection of RSA side.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allegations of Racism in selection of RSA side.

I see an article in todays IT where this story has been taken on by the media.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...ions-1.2313925

Western Cape regional secretary of the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) Tony Ehrenreich said yesterday the federation believed the team to take the field last Saturday was based on “racist choices”, rather than picking form players.

The piece goes on to cite non white players who are not being selected but stood out - or did very well in the S.15. I am genuinely curious who they are referring to? Are they Stormers players one wonders.

On a side note I get the impression this Tony Ehrenreich has form for outlandish or just controversial statements.
    Last edited by Corcíoch; 12th-August-2015, 07:43.

Has he what.

SARPA have checked, and no-one has come forward. Now, I have no doubt there are people disgruntled, because they're South African, the SH answer to the Welsh, but Ehrenreich is a known ****-stirrer at a time when COSATU and the ANC are going through the horrors with their chances of winning back the WC from the DA becoming slimmer yet.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Trevor Nyakane: “I don’t know where that comes from. I certainly can’t think of who would do something like that"

Janee, I'm suspecting ****stirring, here.

Comment

I thought positive discrimination was to be introduced in South Africa, at least for the national team.

Comment

Sounds like a pile of ****e to me! Whites in RSA are between a rock and a hard place in present South Africa id say.
          "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
            Sounds like a pile of ****e to me! Whites in RSA are between a rock and a hard place in present South Africa id say.
            Oh, I've no doubt it IS harder for PD players, not least because things like nutrition and not worrying about the future as a teenager count for making it into the pro ranks first day.

But I don't think Meyer's by any stretch selecting on race. Province, now - that might very well be a different issue. But Tony Ehrenreich wouldn't be able to make headlines to try and stop the EFF nibbling at his support base in the already-troubled WC ANC, so...

Comment

It seems the whole thing is based on Hendricks being dropped, Kreil being moved so that De Villiers could return.

That this is racist because DeVilliers is not a form player.

All I can say to that is......well nothing. There is stupidity there on all sorts of levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                It seems the whole thing is based on Hendricks being dropped, Kreil being moved so that De Villiers could return.

That this is racist because DeVilliers is not a form player.

All I can say to that is......well nothing. There is stupidity there on all sorts of levels.
                I've never been impressed with Hendricks, flaky and unreliable. He can run and he can tackle but his tackling really seems to depend on how he feels in that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  I see an article in todays IT where this story has been taken on by the media.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...ions-1.2313925

Western Cape regional secretary of the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) Tony Ehrenreich said yesterday the federation believed the team to take the field last Saturday was based on “racist choices”, rather than picking form players.

The piece goes on to cite non white players who are not being selected but stood out - or did very well in the S.15. I am genuinely curious who they are referring to? Are they Stormers players one wonders.

On a side note I get the impression this Tony Ehrenreich has form for outlandish or just controversial statements.
                  He has been described as a racist clown, accused of hate speech and incitement to violence in the last few years. An empty vessel who loves the sound of his own voice and the glare of publicity.
                  Last edited by RichardP; 15th-August-2015, 13:05.

Comment

Seems like another of these silly season agendas to be fair. Sexism or Racism is the main tack every one takes nowadays to get attention regardless of the truth and what damage it could do.
                    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Working...
                    X