RWC Warm Up 2: Ireland vs Scotland - 15th August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWC Warm Up 2: Ireland vs Scotland - 15th August

What would we all like to see next week after this weekends performance?
    Personally I'd like to see us name a strong side with mainly the shoe ins but giving another shot to fellas who really stood out this week.

Something like:
    McGrath Strauss Moore
    Ryan O'Connell
    Murphy Heaslip POM

Reddan Sexton
    Zebo Henshaw Earls Bowe
    Payne

Kilcoyne, Cronin, Bent, Toner, SOB, Murray, Jackson, Kearney

Only left Ross out because he went well today and I really don't want to see us break him before the world cup. Give him one more game against either Wales or England and he'll be grand.

Best, Murray and SOB can start the last two games and will see some time at the end of this one.

NO MORE INJURIES!!!!!!!!!! That is all I ask of the rugby gods.

Comment

A few of the lads involved in close decisions like Ryan, Earls, Cave and Trimble put their hands up yesterday. Would be interesting to see the others involved in those battles given a shot - Tuohy, Fitzgerald, D'arcy and Dave Kearney. The bar has been set high so I hope we keep the standards up.

Comment

Well at least 5 are gone on thursday.

This is the final realistic chance for numbers 31-39 so expect

Daverage, Bent, (is fitzgerald fit), Darcy, Zebo, Viscount, Boss to all start
        I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Think we need to mix and match over the next two games and then go full strength against England.

V Scotland

Killer
          Best
          Moore / Bent (half each)
          Toner
          Henderson
          POM
          Henry
          Jordi
          Boss / Marmion (half each)
          Sexton
          Daverage (he'll get a run sometime so...)
          Madigan (move to OH for last 30 mins with Cave in)
          Payne
          Bowe
          Zebo

V Wales

McGrath / Bent (half each)
          Cronin
          Ross
          Ryan
          POC
          Henderson
          SOB
          Jordi
          Murray
          Jackson (Madigan in for last 30 mins)
          Fitz
          Henshaw
          Earls
          Trimble
          Rob K
          Last edited by Munsterboy; 9th-August-2015, 13:36.

Comment

Hi All,

Over with my boys for the annual holiday/visit the family. Going to this game, our first at the new stadium! Catching the 20:10 to Galway after the match.

Any serious advice welcome on the quickest way to get to Heuston after the game. Don't really know Dublin at all anymore so an idiot's guide appreciated.

Fear we will have to leave before the end of the match to avoid congestion at the DART.

Many thanks in advance,

M.

Comment

Originally posted by lilleexile View Post
              Hi All,

Over with my boys for the annual holiday/visit the family. Going to this game, our first at the new stadium! Catching the 20:10 to Galway after the match.

Any serious advice welcome on the quickest way to get to Heuston after the game. Don't really know Dublin at all anymore so an idiot's guide appreciated.

Fear we will have to leave before the end of the match to avoid congestion at the DART.

Many thanks in advance,

M.
              If you're doing public transport, I'd suggest Lansdowne -> Connolly on the Dart and then Connolly -> Heuston on the Luas

Comment

After coming that distance, it would be a shame to leave early. A taxi for 25 euro might be an option.

Comment

Taxi I would suggest since the cost of everyone buying two tickets on public transport will probably come close to the price of a taxi but with a good deal more effort

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                    Well at least 5 are gone on thursday.

This is the final realistic chance for numbers 31-39 so expect

Daverage, Bent, (is fitzgerald fit), Darcy, Zebo, Viscount, Boss to all start
                    JS did say probably not all members of the extended squad would get a run.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                      Think we need to mix and match over the next two games and then go full strength against England.

V Scotland

Killer
                      Best
                      Moore / Bent (half each)
                      Toner
                      Henderson
                      POM
                      Henry
                      Jordi
                      Boss / Marmion (half each)
                      Sexton
                      Daverage (he'll get a run sometime so...)
                      Madigan (move to OH for last 30 mins with Cave in)
                      Payne
                      Bowe
                      Zebo

V Wales

McGrath / Bent (half each)
                      Strauss
                      Ross
                      Ryan
                      POC
                      Henderson
                      SOB
                      Jordi
                      Murray
                      Jackson (Madigan in for last 30 mins)
                      Fitz
                      Henshaw
                      Earls
                      Trimble
                      Rob K
                      That would be three full games for Jordi Murphy out of three...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
                        That would be three full games for Jordi Murphy out of three...
                        Yes, but he's our only other 8 and he's young. Not saying he has to play the full 80 in each.

Heaslip to start against England and maybe the first pool game. Jordi back in for the second pool game and maybe Italy. Heaslip back for France, the QF and beyond...

Comment

Yes, but he's our only other 8 and he's young. Not saying he has to play the full 80 in each.

Heaslip to start against England and maybe the first pool game. Jordi back in for the second pool game and maybe Italy. Heaslip back for France, the QF and beyond...
                          Whatever the backrow juggling, I'd like to see Joe give Henderson a start at 6, which I think is his best position.
                          Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                            Whatever the backrow juggling, I'd like to see Joe give Henderson a start at 6, which I think is his best position.
                            Yeah, I put him down to play 6 against Wales. Would have him starting all three games prior to England to try him with different partners and in his two positions - bit like Jordi in that respect.

Thornley reckons that Joe will go full strength against Wales the week after next. Bit of a pity if he does imho. I'd use the next two games to test lads out, then go full strength against England.

Once the thing kicks off, mix and match against Canada and Romania then go close to full strength for Italy. Obviously full strength for France and beyond.

Comment

Yeah, I put him down to play 6 against Wales. Would have him starting all three games prior to England to try him with different partners and in his two positions - bit like Jordi in that respect.

Thornley reckons that Joe will go full strength against Wales the week after next. Bit of a pity if he does imho. I'd use the next two games to test lads out, then go full strength against England.

Once the thing kicks off, mix and match against Canada and Romania then go close to full strength for Italy. Obviously full strength for France and beyond.
                              He'll go full strength versus Canada I reckon. Needs one full hit out before Italy.
                              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                              X