Wales V Ireland MillStad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    I think O'Brien's selection there for Saturday might be an indication you are not far off the mark. I think Heaslip is still quite clearly our best No.8 but I have long believed that part of the reason's for some his 'slump' periods were due to such a lack of genuine competition or willingness from the coaches to look at other options.
    Joe has said that he is working the additions of the squad up (rather than trimming the squad down from 48).

Jamie maybe getting the finger out now as the captaincy will be coming up with POC retiring after the world cup. And then there is Stander becoming eligible so that his place might not be so automatic in future.

Comment

Rather than starting another thread can someone tell me why we're playing Wales two times in the warm ups?
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
        I think O'Brien's selection there for Saturday might be an indication you are not far off the mark. I think Heaslip is still quite clearly our best No.8 but I have long believed that part of the reason's for some his 'slump' periods were due to such a lack of genuine competition or willingness from the coaches to look at other options.
        If trying Seanie at 8 gets performances like Heaslip's last weekend out of the man, I am delighted. I am not a great fan of Reddan but I hope his display in Cardiff, which I thought was excellent, will stir Murray onto ever greater levels.

Comment

Originally posted by DEARGDOOM View Post
          Rather than starting another thread can someone tell me why we're playing Wales two times in the warm ups?
          Money.

Comment

Originally posted by DEARGDOOM View Post
            Because unlike most other top ranked sides, it's safe to say we won't be seeing them again until the 6 Nations.

For Wales, there's always a glutten for extra internationals.
            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
              Joe has said that he is working the additions of the squad up (rather than trimming the squad down from 48).

Jamie maybe getting the finger out now as the captaincy will be coming up with POC retiring after the world cup. And then there is Stander becoming eligible so that his place might not be so automatic in future.
              Heaslip is a much better player then Stander in fairness.
              I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                If trying Seanie at 8 gets performances like Heaslip's last weekend out of the man, I am delighted. I am not a great fan of Reddan but I hope his display in Cardiff, which I thought was excellent, will stir Murray onto ever greater levels.
                I'd be pretty sure SOB is playing at 8 to get practice at 8 in case Jamie get's injured and also allow's Conan/Henry gametime to work out who will be the final choice in the backrow squad. Assuming POM, SOB, Jamie, Murphy are all in - it only leaves the one spot with Ruddock/O'Donnell out.

Comment

Sensible by the coach for many reasons. Options.

Comment

Originally posted by In Joe we trust View Post
                    I'd be pretty sure SOB is playing at 8 to get practice at 8 in case Jamie get's injured and also allow's Conan/Henry gametime to work out who will be the final choice in the backrow squad. Assuming POM, SOB, Jamie, Murphy are all in - it only leaves the one spot with Ruddock/O'Donnell out.
                    Despite what happens in the warmups, I can't think that Joe would seriously be considering the selection Conan ahead of Henry.
                    Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffy View Post
                      Despite what happens in the warmups, I can't think that Joe would seriously be considering the selection Conan ahead of Henry.
                      I'd say it's unlikely too but Conan must nearly be in the position of "first reserve" for the back row at this stage and could do with the game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                        I'd say it's unlikely too but Conan must nearly be in the position of "first reserve" for the back row at this stage and could do with the game time.
                        Must be first reserve alright. Is Robbie Diack still kicking around Carton House? When, exactly, does Stander become eligible?!

Comment

Originally posted by limerickstag View Post
                          Must be first reserve alright. Is Robbie Diack still kicking around Carton House? When, exactly, does Stander become eligible?!
                          Pretty sure I saw that Diack is training with Ulster. Stander isn't eligible until after the RWC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                            Heaslip is a much better player then Stander in fairness.
                            But Stander is still surprisingly young and improving rapidly, likewise JOD, and Conan is a powerful lad too. Jamie will need to be on his toes from now on. Serious competition emerging.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                              But Stander is still surprisingly young and improving rapidly, likewise JOD, and Conan is a powerful lad too. Jamie will need to be on his toes from now on. Serious competition emerging.
                              Yes. All good for the squad. Would like to see Copeland kick on next season too after his injury problems.
                              Erse end of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                                Money.
                                Originally posted by busby View Post
                                Because unlike most other top ranked sides, it's safe to say we won't be seeing them again until the 6 Nations.

For Wales, there's always a glutten for extra internationals.
                                Cheers Lads
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X